Fishfiles

Spark Plug Color Chart

13 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

wow, I've seen some old equipment fuel filters look bad but that one takes the cake, we always had a fuel filter water separator combo on our field fuel supply tank, and twin filters on every diesel one sediment bowl, and one main sock, plus a screen pickip in the tank, but we went so much fuel, it never got a chance to age, i could explain that one, less it was done on purpose, or introduced as you stated, now some here back years ago, used get the fuel (diesel) sugared, i have no idea why someone would do that, but the filters stopped it, thank goodness we never had that happen. 

That Kubota filter was in a fairly  new machine , 2 of the same filters , one right out the tank  the other on side the engine , very stupid design , the deck had to be taken off and it was still very hard to reach and change that filter , all that dirt was poured in there from a bad container no doubt  , I tried to talk him into ditching the first filter and adding a racor bowl style separator filter on side the unit but he didn't want to spend the money --- I did that job for $100 plus parts , anyone else and it would have been 5 hours $90 , he added that front guard which had to come off , to take the hood off to troubleshoot then change the kill solenoid and service all the filters ,  I don't think I want to be a tractor mechanic ----   he is a good friend , he is the guy that owns the flea market  , retired sailor with stage 4 cancer of the lungs and panaceas  raising  twin 18 year daughters , one of which just joined the ARMY , her mom is a ARMY  nurse , a military family 

• Like 1

sure does sound like a bad design, hm.. the racor is a single twin stage ? element, and at the bottom a sediment/water bowl ? mighty nice of you to help out a friend fish, sounds like he's done great, cancer hits home with me, because my sister (older sister) has stage 4 but she's doing better, or well better then she was, is he going for any treatment ? pardon the slight topic twist. 

• Like 1

Andy will finish his third round of radiation tomorrow and then start his third round of chemo Monday , he is an interesting guy , he sent 5 years on a air craft carrier , and 3 years in Antartica and 12 years other places while  in the Navy and did 4 years in the Army before joining the Navy 

• Like 1

sounds like a tough, and very interesting fella, i he has good luck with his chemo, like my sister has, and he owns that flea market you visit often ? just thinking outside the line, maybe you work up a deal to sell some of those gas powered builds your doing, if the mood hits you ? not saying you should, cause i don't think i could turn loose of them, especially after some of the slick mods you came up with that solved problems.