jeepwm69

Busy weekend for me (no ATV related content)

We were supposed to fly out Thursday morning to visit the in-laws in Atlanta for Easter, but wed afternoon my wife called and said her aunt was unresponsive and there were paramedics there trying to revive her, so I had to rush home, get the wife, and then run to the hospital 30 miles north of where we live.  Unfortunately, her aunt passed away.  She had been a bad diabetic for years, had been in kidney failure for quite some time, and recently had fainting spells, leading to a defibrillator being put in a few weeks ago.  The paramedics got her heart started several times, but couldn't keep it going.  She was 74, was very close to my wife (especially with my wife losing her mother in 2006, when my wife was only 22).  She kept our little one during the work week when my father-in-law wasn't able to watch her, and she's the one who actually talked my wife into going out with me (at the time she was 25 with no baggage, I was 10 years older, recently divorced with two young daughters).  The woman was a saint, and what a time to go home, right at Easter!  I'm glad she didn't have a gradual decline, and know she is now where she always belonged.

Anyhow, obviously cancelled out trip to Atlanta, had family in and out over the last few days, so that's why I haven't been on here. 

Add to that my middle kid turning 16 today.  She hasn't met my grade requirements to get her own car, but I did let her drive my old Accord to school today, which put me in the old 83 GMC coming to work (30 miles each way).  I smell like exhaust....lol.  She has desires for my green Jeep, and I might let her toodle around town in it, but she's not getting it!

Needless to say, busy few days.  Zero ATV work done, even though the weather was perfect.  I did take the little one out on a few short rides on the farm.  The minute she gets out the door now she runs straight to the nearest 4wheeler and starts climbing. 

• Like 3

Jeep I didnt know whether to give you a like or sad face so I figured I would just post.  So sorry to hear about your wife's aunt, she sounded like quite a lady.  But I am happy to see your daughter is taking it slow in the driving adventure.  Also glad to see you back on here after a little break, we always miss our active members....

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your wife's aunt passing.

My daughter turns 16 in a month. She's counting down to being able to drive and successfully drove her future car last week 3 different nights. Successfully=its a manual...she's learning. She handled city traffic for the first time and is getting constantly better.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your family's loss.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 87Iroc said:

Sorry to hear about your wife's aunt passing.

My daughter turns 16 in a month. She's counting down to being able to drive and successfully drove her future car last week 3 different nights. Successfully=its a manual...she's learning. She handled city traffic for the first time and is getting constantly better.

My Accord is a manual as well.  She doesn't like driving it, BUT she wants to be able to drive the Jeep, and I told her she had to practice on my Accord.  The old T176 in the CJ isn't quite as forgiving as the Accord is.

And to all who replied, thanks for your posts.  My wife's aunt was a great woman.  As I've gotten older I don't view death in quite the same light as I did when I was younger, especially when it's an older person.  The earth is a temporary home for us.  My wife's aunt went home last week, so while we'll miss her, she's where she always belonged.

• Like 4

Sorry to hear of your family's loss Jeep.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your familys loss.

Happy birthday to your daughter!

We share a birthday. Turned 31 today......just another day at this age. But we did have the nicest weather we have seen all year so far! Made working outside nice atleast.

Take care Jeep! And take as much time away as you need bud!

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss Jeep. Happy birthday to your daughter. Hey Slammed, my youngest kid is your age. 🙄

• Haha 2