@damB

Should I be Concerned?

Hi, new to the forum and to Honda. Picked up a 2001 Foreman for a great price for my son. We’ve had it out on the trails. Runs great. Oil is good etc but there is oil or grease patches around the top of the cylinder head and also near an area by our ankle on the left foot. See pictures. Just wondering what could be causing this and should I be concerned. Thanks 

3C161BFC-BEBB-4C13-AAEE-AB4A1526DA72.jpeg

4220EF3D-BB9E-4FA2-8EFD-A106D5894A8B.jpeg

7B12C768-CD6F-4D70-8C9F-8753C31DBA76.jpeg

Welcome to the forum.

Looks like cylinder head cover gasket needs replacement up top.

Looks like speed sensor o-ring or shift shaft seal or both need replacement down below.

• Like 2

Hi; Big Welcome Here --- first clean all that oil off so you can see where it's leaking.

• Like 2

First welcome to our forum, great group of Honda lovers here..

Second, agree the top pic is a head gasket but also clean those areas a well as you can to see where exactly the leaks are. 

• Like 1

Hi ,welcome to the forum , like Mel stated , cleaned it up to verify where the oil is leaking before taking anything apart  , looks like to me like it is the valve cover gasket leaking on top , would be a good time to adjust the valve while the cover is off , .006 on both valves 

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum. I think the answers have been covered. Thanksfully, it appears(hopefully), that both are likely not from hard to fix areas. 

Good Luck!

Thanks everyone! I've cleaned off the area and will keep an eye on it. Should be a relatively easy fix. Cheers! 

• Like 1