My brother in law is coming over tomorrow so we can replace the handlebars and install a twist throttle on his 2009 TRX 420 electric shift. I looked on You Tube for a tutorial for removing the display screen but nothing is available. Any help out there? Thanks in advance.

It's just a couple nuts that hold the bracket in place (bottom side of pic). The black plastic was broke on this one so I could get a easy pic of it. 

20210410_155820.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks.......it was easy. The twist throttle was a great modification. LOL Let's see how many people complain about how dangerous a twist throttle is on a four wheeler. 

MR. Clean bring yo bro-in -law back to Colorado and we'll give him a work out, lol Derf  good evening

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Misterclean said:

Let's see how many people complain about how dangerous a twist throttle is on a four wheeler. 

I have never personally had a twist grip on a ATV ,  also never heard anything good about having one on a ATV  till today 

• Like 1

Hi: A fellow here put one on his bike -- but took it off after finding the hard way -- hit something on the trail you grab the handle bar tight -- throttle is moved forward bike is out of control -- riding while standing up you can't control the throttle. -- so be careful 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Misterclean said:

Thanks.......it was easy. The twist throttle was a great modification. LOL Let's see how many people complain about how dangerous a twist throttle is on a four wheeler. 

I rode a Rincon with one once.   Took me about 20 minutes of riding before I whiskey throttled it and almost died.

But then again, I'm a klutz.  If your used to one I'm sure it's fine.

I had a twist on a 200x back in the days and for just cruising I liked it but in rough terrain it got me in trouble. I threw it in the trash after a few wrecks.. lol

• Like 1

I've had a twist throttle on every wheeler I've owned. I'm a dirt bike guy and wouldn't have it any other way. All my old dirt bike friends Love it. R

10 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I have never personally had a twist grip on a ATV ,  also never heard anything good about having one on a ATV  till today 

I guess you forgot about the huge debates on the old sight.  I bought up the sunject way back then in 2014 when I joined. The only problem is leaving it in gear with the engine running. You get off to do something and grab the bar to pull yourself up and twist the throttle instead. Lol it's happened a few times. I warn my friends about this.

• Like 2

Yes , I remember the twist throttle conversations we have had --- think it might be better on a sports quad involved with racing ---  I couldn't see twist throttle working for me , riding my atv thru  the ruts is like riding a mechanically bull at the bar after 18 long necks 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

dont know if a twist has the response of a thumb throttle or not. when i hit 18"log, an it tossed me over the handle bars, the thumb throttle worked just fine. the atv went over the log too, only i went higher.., it landed up, i landed on my back....🙂

• Like 1