Red2Gulf

2001 TRX450ES Speedometer

Hello!

I'm new to the group. I've recently acquired an 2001 Foreman TRX450ES. I've been slowly bringing it back to life. I've been hunting the oem speedometer (37200-hn0-a61). And of course, it's been discontinued. So I have 2 questions...1. Is there another speedo out there that is compatible with my year/model, without any mods to be done (plug-n-play)? 2. Are these repairable? Mine has dead spots (sun spots), and is extremely dim. Not a huge deal for me, but would like my 12 year old, and wife to be able see the current gear. 

Any recommendations or considerations would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum Red2Gulf!

I can repair your speedometer for you if you want

Sun fading/UV damage is pretty common on these displays

Post a picture or two if you can, so we can better see what you have going on

I sent you my contact information as well

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I'd be interested in having it repaired (if possible). This isn't a "Have To", more of a "Nice To Have". But if the price is reasonable to repair, I'm totaly onboard!

The pic attracted is of the lcd screen while the headlight is turned on. With the backlighting, its barley visible.

Thanks Again!

20210414_142640.jpg

Your welcome and thanks for posting a picture, it really helps

I see this all the time, pretty standard Sunburn/UV fading to the display panel

I can get you fixed up no problem and it will look like new again 

i just bought a 2001 trx450es and the dash does not work. can not buy the dash anywhere. a lot of people are saying the dash for a 1998 -2000 trx450es will work , but there are none to buy either.does any one know if the dash for a rancher 350es will work in the 450es? the light in my dash is all that comes on. AKATV can you help me.

Hi Bluebeard and welcome to the forum

I had replied to you previously and sent you a message with my contact information

I can most likely repair the one you have  a whole lot cheaper than buying a replacement speedometer

I just need to see exactly what’s going on with yours

Maybe send a picture or two of what it looks like with the headlights turned on and I can get a general idea of what you have going on

AKATV

• Like 1