07 420 Rancher

High Idle Rancher 420 ES

I don't know anything about side-by-sides, but @toodeep is an expert. I'm sure he can answer all of your questions.

Well guys, I took my Rancher to the dealer today.  It was diagnosed as a bent shaft on the IACV just as Toodeep thought.  They replaced the valve and I am back in business.  Thanks to everyone who contributed!

On 4/30/2021 at 7:04 PM, 07 420 Rancher said:

I see. Well, I am seriously considering a Mule. The one I want has a three cylinder engine. Do you know anything about the Honda Pioneer? Honda offers a 700cc thumper and a 1000cc twin. I don’t need to make a mistake on an expensive machine 

The 700's use the same engine as the Rincon, which is more or less unchanged from 2003 to now (design-wise).  They are tough motors.  Not easy (for me anyway) to work on though.  

The 3 speed transmission in the 700 is not ideal IMO.  If I had to get a SxS right now though that's probably what I'd get, simply because they've been out for awhile, especially that engine, so the bugs should be worked out of them.

The 1000 looks promising.  Had a friend with an early one that had some issues, but I'm not sure if they've worked them out or not.  @toodeep could probably weigh in since he works at a dealership.