56Sierra

7 oz pull.....

On the feeler gauge for adjusting valves.  One little tidbit of information I remember from Honda Tech I class back in 1974....or was it 1874?🤔

And of course someone in the class  asked how are we expected to measure that?  Sure enough, the instructor pulled out a spring scale with a small hook the fit in the hole at the opposite end of the feeler gauge. 

Funny how you never forget things like that.

• Like 3

I remember the 7 oz pull rule too, by association only though. If I didn't know that Holley racing carbs require exactly 7 lbs of fuel pressure I would have forgotten that rule long ago. I was reminded every time I ever adjusted the fuel pressure on a Holley. :-)

Quite a few times thru the years I have come across torque or tension adjustments where a fish scale was required to do it , one that was popular for a long time was the Bobcat hydraulic pump drive belts , they were adjusted with a fish scale pulled one inch of travel on a special belt bar and achieve 15 ft pounds , now days they are spring loader adjusters that cost $400 

• Like 2

On 5/2/2021 at 5:13 AM, Fishfiles said:

Quite a few times thru the years I have come across torque or tension adjustments where a fish scale was required to do it , one that was popular for a long time was the Bobcat hydraulic pump drive belts , they were adjusted with a fish scale pulled one inch of travel on a special belt bar and achieve 15 ft pounds , now days they are spring loader adjusters that cost $400 

I've seen a Cummins belt tension measurement tool that we probably sell for 800 bucks that uses a similar principal.

• Like 1