slowindown

Mower engine hot start issue

1 hour ago, 56Sierra said:

Did you ever get this resolved?

So, I dropped a few trees last weekend and the wife was the only one on the mower. And she only mowed the small area of the front yard so never turned it off.

But I came home a little early today and started mowing because the big area I cut has gotten pretty thick.  After about 2.5 hours (maybe 1/4 done with everything) I stopped and let it idle about 15-20 minutes, turned it off about 3-4 minutes later tried to restart and it restarted with a pop. But it restarted and ran. It’s definitely better but i wouldn’t say it’s resolved. 

I’ve adjusted valves, replaced the fuel pump and replaced the fuel solenoid. I also put have a bottle of octane boost in my last 5 gal can which should have upped the octane from 87 to 88, maybe 89 (the only non ethanol around here is 87 octane). 

Things left: insulate fuel lines (picked up foil tape today) and replace coils. Also plugs, though they’re not that old. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slowindown said:

I’ve adjusted valves, replaced the fuel pump and replaced the fuel solenoid. I also put have a bottle of octane boost in my last 5 gal can which should have upped the octane from 87 to 88, maybe 89 (the only non ethanol around here is 87 octane).

glad it's (some what) resolved ..... so you did this ^^^^ before (while it was still acting up) or just before this last round of mowing ? (when it acted better) i recall you replaced that wart (fuel solenoid) 

Edited by _Wilson_™

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

glad it's (some what) resolved ..... so you did this ^^^^ before (while it was still acting up) or just before this last round of mowing ? (when it acted better) i recall you replaced that wart (fuel solenoid) 

these are things I’ve done at various points throughout this thread. I did the valves weekend before last but didn’t really get much of a chance to test it out until yesterday. 

i was still thinking fuel pump, just glad you have it somewhat fixed, it sounds like you hit on what ever it was.