Drakos

Hello from PA

Have an old Foreman (1998), 2nd one...pretty bulletproof until it was rolled...broke the plastic headlight case and the circuit board case...display still works fine but needs to be put back together...can the plastic parts be sourced or do I need to replace the entire headlight case and guts?

BTW, is the wiring harness soldered into the printed circuit board? It does not appear to be connectorized...

Thanks for any and all thoughts...

Hi , welcome to ATVHonda  ----this is the display Guru  @AKATV  , I  just called him for you ! 

Welcome to ATVHonda Drakos!

Welcome Drakos, I'm sure your questions will be answered and you can get your old Foreman back up to tiptop shape...

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone...I am looking forward to your collective advice and guidance!

• Like 1

Hi Drakos and welcome to the forum!

Is your Foreman a 450ES or a 450S model?

Some models are soldered to the board -mainly the 450S models, if you look on back of the circuit card once you unscrew it fromm the 

back plate, you will have either 2 plugs that you can remove or it will be hardwired into the circuit card

Post a picture or two of your damages and what parts you need, I might have a backplate if yours is broken

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 1

Thanks for the assist...I am not sure The paint sticker under the seat says its a TRX450SW. The side decals call it a Foreman S.

Display1.jpg

Display2.jpg

Display3.jpg

Display4.jpg

Display5.jpg

The W at the end of your model number indicated the year , W is 1998 on the vin # decoder chart ---- the major difference between the S 98-2001 and the FM 2002-2004 is the S is full time 4wd  and the FM is electric selectable , S and FM are both foot shift , ES and FE are the electric shift models 

There should be a code on the backplate

ABS, PT-30, AES etc let me know what you have

Is your top cover for the display damaged as well?

Unfortunately, the back plate is broken and a good deal of the plate is missing...The only thing that shows is    -T> 

The top half of the headlight case has 2 lines. The first says 61301-HNO-0000 and the second says HONDA>PE-HD< which I think are material statements, maybe Polyethelene, High Density...

The bottom or back half, the part that has the 12VDC power port, has 61302-HNO-0000 HONDA>PE-HD<, all on one line.

No, the top cover appears to be OK. The only other thing that appears to be damaged is the metal headlight "roll cage" it is slightly bent but I can still get it to fit.

I think you are looking at the numbers for the speedometer/headlight shroud

I need the code that is printed inside the outer clear cover (the top cover that fits to the backplate that has the butons for the speedometer)

It should be ABS, AES, PT30 or similar

I need this In order to properly match up a backplate as there are all different versions

welcome to the forums. plain and simple, you have a 1998 trx450s, same thing as a trx450fm, THEY ARE THE VERY SAME ATV !. second, the display/meter has a gray plug right under the front fender, your display plugs in there, IT DOES NOT UNPLUG FROM THE CIRCUIT BOARD !!.

6 hours ago, AKATV said:

I think you are looking at the numbers for the speedometer/headlight shroud

I need the code that is printed inside the outer clear cover (the top cover that fits to the backplate that has the butons for the speedometer)

It should be ABS, AES, PT30 or similar

I need this In order to properly match up a backplate as there are all different versions

Got it...thanks...

The top of the bezel says HONDA CASE >ABS<LENS>PC<

The bottom, between and above the buttons says HONDA and >ABS<

Thanks...

Display6.jpg

Display7.jpg

43 minutes ago, shadetree said:

welcome to the forums. plain and simple, you have a 1998 trx450s, same thing as a trx450fm, THEY ARE THE VERY SAME ATV !. second, the display/meter has a gray plug right under the front fender, your display plugs in there, IT DOES NOT UNPLUG FROM THE CIRCUIT BOARD !!.

Got it...thanks...makes sense!  Will look for the plug tomorrow!

• Like 1