Hemi21712

2003 trx500

I have a 2003 Honda Trx500 that won’t shift. I went threw the initial set up and found that I flashed five times and according to a bunch of other forums it’s the angle sensor system. Well I changed the angle sensor and made sure I preloaded it and nothing. A buddy of mine found a check list from I believe hondamatic? That we went threw making sure the ecm, angle sensor, control motor where all connected, next was with the engine running Put the gearshift lever in the D range in the mood select switch ESP and operate the shift switches to shift to each speed range and I all ready knew that was not working. Next I Disconnected the ECM and measured the voltage between the red and yellow terminals in the frame ground in the voltage was fine. Next I checked for continuity between the green terminal of the ECM and the frame ground and that was fine next I disconnected the control motor and check for continuity between the main harness in the side motor connector in there was no continuity and that is where we are stuck we can not find and broken wires anywhere. Anyone please help!

Hi Hemi , welcome to ATVHonda ,  I am sure someone with ESP knowledge will be along >

Welcome aboard.  First question is, did you use an OEM Honda angle sensor?  The amazon/ebay aftermarket stuff is garbage when it comes to electrical stuff for these machines.

12 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Welcome aboard.  First question is, did you use an OEM Honda angle sensor?  The amazon/ebay aftermarket stuff is garbage when it comes to electrical stuff for these machines.

I guess that’s why it only cost $12 lol

• Haha 3

Welcome Hemi21712! Let us know if a Genuine Honda angle sensor does not fix it.