shadetree

BREAKING !! : disk brakes on '89 trx350D foreman !.

Let me tell you'll about SuperATV brake kits , I have 8 front kits and 3 rear kits , that is 11 SuperATV kits total , my bikes get put to the test almost every weekend in what I would call extreme conditions , I have " never " had a caliper go bad yet , have never had any part fail on a brake kit , i can say SuperATV gets the job done for less  ----   the customer service from SuperATv is above and beyond what you would expect in todays world , some of my stuff is custom work and they helped me along the way on the phone with tech help and by selling me individual parts for my projects , I have talked with the highlifter people on the phone and they are absolute butt holes and no help what so ever , highlifter isn't getting any of my money unless they are the only game in town  ---  Highlifter cost $169 more per kit over the cost I pay for SuperATV , everything in the kit is exactly the same except for the calipers , it is not worth paying $169 more , that is $84.50  more per caliper and now days they charge tax on sales so that is another $16 dollars tax added to the $169 making them $186 dollars more  ---11 kits times $186  is $2,046 that I have saved by buying SuoerATV over Highlifter and they work just as good 

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Let me tell you'll about SuperATV brake kits , I have 8 front kits and 3 rear kits , that is 11 SuperATV kits total , my bikes get put to the test almost every weekend in what I would call extreme conditions , I have " never " had a caliper go bad yet , have never had any part fail on a brake kit , i can say SuperATV gets the job done for less  ----   the customer service from SuperATv is above and beyond what you would expect in todays world , some of my stuff is custom work and they helped me along the way on the phone with tech help and by selling me individual parts for my projects , I have talked with the highlifter people on the phone and they are absolute butt holes and no help what so ever , highlifter isn't getting any of my money unless they are the only game in town  ---  Highlifter cost $169 more per kit over the cost I pay for SuperATV , everything in the kit is exactly the same except for the calipers , it is not worth paying $169 more , that is $84.50  more per caliper and now days they charge tax on sales so that is another $16 dollars tax added to the $169 making them $186 dollars more  ---11 kits times $186  is $2,046 that I have saved by buying SuoerATV over Highlifter and they work just as good 

free world, free choice ( for now..lol ) your dime an time, support china, me ?..i'm all usa if i can help it. super atv calipers are single piston, wilwood is double pistons in their calipers, that alone should tell you something. wilwood has been around  and used by every american motor product than i can shake a stick at.

• Like 1

got right rear tire problem fixed !. some work, but done i think ?. what ya'll think..will it clear ok ?. need to do left rear tire side same way on the foot well..aghhh..lol.

IMG_1563.JPG

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Looks good.  You bend the fender support forward and bolt it down?

not only bend the bracket forward, but had to shorten the bar, and '' re-arange '' it..lol, here is the foot well bolted down, pipe hanger strap, stainless steel screws.

IMG_1564.JPG

• Like 4

update; just placed order for highlifter brake kit. mail man called, said he might get rims to me thursday ?, aghhhh...lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Going to make a Mud'der out you yet !!! 

dream on !!..lol.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, shadetree said:

dream on !!..lol.

I have heard ,  you can lead a horse to water , but you can't make him drink ----  thinking of a new saying , " you can ride a trail that leads to water  , but some are scared to sink   " 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

I have heard ,  you can lead a horse to water , but you can't make him drink ----  thinking of a new saying , " you can ride a trail that leads to water  , but some are scared to sink   " 

i also heard, some are smarter than others ?..hmmm...lol.

• Haha 1

update: well, the rims deal fell through, won't get into it, lets just say i had to pass. broke down just now, placed order for 4 brand new itp mudlite tires front and back, 4 brand new foreman rims to match, and 4 new center caps, good chunk of change, oh well, buy now, cry later..lol.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WonderMonkey said:

That sounds pricey!  HF doesn't sell tires and rims?

i avoid hf for the most part, unless i want some throw away stuff after one use ?, i stay away from them. yes, it was pricey, but my '89 trx350D foreman is worth it !.

• Like 1

update: just got a tracking number for my brake kit last night, say's it will be here by tuesday ?. wont take long to get that mounted on i hope ?!..lol.

You order 500 or 450 wheels? 450 were 12” and were cheaper last time I looked

1 hour ago, shadetree said:

i avoid hf for the most part, unless i want some throw away stuff after one use ?, i stay away from them. yes, it was pricey, but my '89 trx350D foreman is worth it !.

Yes I was just poking on this a bit.  I certainly wouldn't buy from HF on anything I wanted to trust.

One time I bought a Canon camera from a guy at the gas station , said he was traveling across the country and needed some gas , gave him $40 and thought I got a great deal , as I was into cameras at the time , but a Minolta guy , wasn't till I showed a friend and he said , " Canon doesn't have 3 Ns in it " , it was a Cannon --- moral of the story , beware of China , dem some sneaky .......s ! 

I bet that UPS truck from China pulls up 3 times a week up there in Shreveport at HighLifters' " assembly " facility   , LOL  

You know what made me go to hating on HighLifter  , on their old forum , which was a really good forum if you were looking for the latest performance mods , they made a rule that you couldn't mention any other brand of parts --- that forum is so dead now days 

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

You order 500 or 450 wheels? 450 were 12” and were cheaper last time I looked

450 rims, they are the same as the 500 though..same rims fit the 400, 450, 500, in 12 inch size.

• Like 2

update: got the new duracell battery installed, impressed with the dual connections, not impressed with where they made the cable post holes in them though..but i made it work after telling fish about it, he told me what he did, i just cut the lip off the end of the cable, made it flat then, bolted it up, connected my battery minder connection, then installed my contactor for my winch, got all that hooked up, she fired right up right out of the box. 220cca, little pricey ?, but after the online discount, refund on core, i came out the same i did with the interstate battery if you figure in all the driving i did back and forth to them !!..omg...i will never buy a atv battery from them again !.

• Like 1

I think you are going to like the Duracell , I have been using them for a while , have quite a few  and have never had one go bad yet , I also like the double threaded wire attachment points on each terminal ------  they are a heavier battery in weight , that  tells me something .....  them giving a two year warranty says a lot of their product and is a good thing 

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I think you are going to like the Duracell , I have been using them for a while , have quite a few  and have never had one go bad yet , I also like the double threaded wire attachment points on each terminal ------  they are a heavier battery in weight , that  tells me something .....  them giving a two year warranty says a lot of their product and is a good thing 

only time will time how this battery holds up ?. i do like the dual cable fittings on each terminal, that is a big plus when it comes to attaching extra attachments such as a battery trickle charger.

update: tracking number say's my brake kit will be here today ?, we'll see !. i need to get to lowes or homedepot, and see about getting the longer mounting bolts for the mounting plate to mount the plate to the knuckles.

update: got everything installed, DID need to whack the bracket back, and '' tweak '' the hub on right side, but all in all, i am happy. pics show bolts i used, installed in bracket, and everything on. now i wait for rims and itp tires.

IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1571.JPG

IMG_1577.JPG

IMG_1576.JPG

• Like 5

update: well, i stand corrected on this product, fish, i owe you an apology !, i got the kit the other day, after opening the box, was discovered that the hub spacers that were in a sealed bag mind you !, had a sticker on the outside of the bag, yep, you know what is coming, '' made in china '' stuck to it !. i just got off the phone with high lifter with tech, after asking the guy if all this product was really in fact ALL made in usa as they claim ?, why is this sticker on this part ?, his response was '' some of the parts are made here in usa, the rest are out sourced '' , i then asked him..doesn't this fall under fraud ??, he responded '' sir..i can not answer this ''  of course he could not, this is a legal issue now..rofl, they know they are breaking the law !. i also just checked the ebay store as to where i bought it, it said CO, BUT IT WAS SHIPPED FROM FL ?!..hmmm..wounder what that is all about ??. moral of story, yes..if i wanted a cheap china product ?, i could have done what fish tried to get me to do, and this was just buy super atv !, but, as i've done over the years, i always was under the impression that this product was all built in usa, which now i know..IT IS NOT !. SO FAIR WARNING TO ANYONE THAT IS THINKING OF BUYING A HIGH LIFTER FRONT BRAKE KIT FOR THEIR ATV, SAVE YOUR CASH..JUST BUY A SUPER ATV FRONT BRAKE KIT !.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

update number two: i did have issues with the rotor having a slight wobble, i did manage to solve this problem with re-doing the hub studs, not sure what i did different ?, but it rotates alot smoother now. second, i did not like the brake lever pressure ?, comparing it to my 450 lever pressure, it seemed to be lacking ?, yes i did bleed the brakes, I KNOW FULLY WELL HOW TO BLEED BRAKES !..LOL. so i made a trip out to my buds place, picked up a master cylinder off of a trx420, reason: the trx420 uses the same master cylinder as the trx450 i believe ?, brought it home, took it apart, cleaned it all up, installed it, bled the bakes, now i have full lever pressure !. so, if you are doing this conversion/mod ?, your old master cylinder ( oem ) will not fully work like it should ?..IT WILL WORK !, but just not like it should. still waiting on tires, rims, center caps to come in, i will update later when i get them in, mounted on rims, and mounted on the atv, stay tuned outlaws !. 

• Like 4