retro

Filling out your Profile & Notifications

For those that are new with this software, you can edit your profile by clicking on your username in the upper-right corner of any page. Here are a few shortcuts to assist ya:

Account Settings

Notification Settings

Signature

We have a maximum number of Sig lines permitted. Long Signatures can be contained inside a Spoiler box, just click on the eyeball icon in the editor and enter your sig inside. A spoiler looks like this:

Spoiler

This is a spoiler. Users can click on spoilers in posts and in Signatures to reveal long texts or anything that you choose to use them for. See @SlammedRanger's Sig for a very long Sig example. 🙂

Profile photos are kind of tricky to get right... once you upload your profile pic click next, then drag the cropping tool bars so your photo is centered in the view. Then click save.

If you have any questions hollar.

Thanks the ratings option  doesnt show up at all but if i search around bottom right hand corner, sometimes i get lucky. Also.... If you get anything other then a like from me, just know it's suppose to be a like! 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 3:48 PM, retro said:

For those that are new with this software, you can edit your profile by clicking on your username in the upper-right corner of any page. Here are a few shortcuts to assist ya:

Account Settings

Notification Settings

Signature

We have a maximum number of Sig lines permitted. Long Signatures can be contained inside a Spoiler box, just click on the eyeball icon in the editor and enter your sig inside. A spoiler looks like this:

Reveal hidden contents

This is a spoiler. Users can click on spoilers in posts and in Signatures to reveal long texts or anything that you choose to use them for. See @SlammedRanger's Sig for a very long Sig example. 🙂

Profile photos are kind of tricky to get right... once you upload your profile pic click next, then drag the cropping tool bars so your photo is centered in the view. Then click save.

If you have any questions hollar.

I found when i was adding a profile picture it was super easy, not tricky at all! I clicked browse photos, choose the one I wanted and hit enter. It automatically cropped it to fit. I didn't have to drag anything... Just a little FYI...

• Like 1

Thanks, Im familure. but I dont have that site editor option, just wanted to check. I thought i could find away around this hiccup. 

13 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Thanks, Im familure. but I dont have that site editor option, just wanted to check. I thought i could find away around this hiccup. 

This doesn't show on your tablet?

signature.jpg

This is a page break, Below the page break is a screenshot showing the editor page break icon tooltip (keep clicking next):

page-break.thumb.png.f00d1ebb76ffe9e727b6722a9abefd0b.png

This is red text with grey background color.

Desktops display every standard editor icon. Tablets display a few less. And phones display fewer editor options than tablets. There are many more buttons that can be added by plugins as well.

We can add more toolbars for tablets and phones too, if ya don't mind the extra bloat? But then just one person might be pleased... while everyone else suffers.

Testing

Edit: it's issues on my end, thanks for the help! 

Edited by _Wilson_™

We can add more toolbars for tablets and phones too, if ya don't mind the extra bloat? But then just one person might be pleased... while everyone else suffers.

nah..... It those changes could make problems for other users.... It's not worth it, but thanks. 

Just One more test

test test test  

honda

honda

Okay.... I can make this junk ipad work for now 

It took a while for the edit option tool bar to load .... 

Edited by _Wilson_™

Lol my signature font comes up as comic sans on the Mac but something completely different on my iPhone not sure what happened there.

5 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Okay.... I can make this junk ipad work for now 

It took a while for the edit option tool bar to load

A 4G connection is slow compared to DSL & Cable. If you close all running programs, then open your browser on just one site you'll see a loading speed increase. A fresh reboot might help ya too. I think your iPad is infected with malware though... one of your background apps is still trying to download images from the Dev site (shows up in server firewall logs) and thats been shut down for a couple days now... there might be several programs running in the background that you cannot see or control. You might even be root-kitted by someone who uses your machine on their botnet to attack others. You'd be keylogged at the minimum if compromised... more'n likely RDP'd by now tho.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mac102004 said:

Lol my signature font comes up as comic sans on the Mac but something completely different on my iPhone not sure what happened there.

We use two Google fonts in our frontend here. Open Sans and Roboto. But device browsers commonly over-ride defined web fonts and replace them with the manufacturers font choices. Sometimes they'll let ya turn font over rides off in the settings, sometimes not.

fonts.png

• Like 1

@_Wilson_™, on the Dev site I added an extra toolbar row and buttons to each of the three editor sizes, small (phones), medium (tablets), and large (desktops). We tested and decided that adding a 2nd row of buttons wasn't overloading the small device screens. When this site was setup I duplicated those editor setups. So stock editors originally had one row of buttons. Now they each have two rows of buttons.

We can add a 3rd row of buttons, or even a 4th row to the smallest editors... but then on phones half of the screen might be taken up just to display the editor buttons? That didn't make any sense... screen size is just too small on phones to load every option. Desktop view is the only editor that we could load up.

EDIT: Here are screenshots of two smallest editor setups we are running. This first one is phones.

editor-sm.thumb.png.c54bb4901afada2f286d2d678be0efda.png

Here are the buttons that we didn't add to the phone editor.

editor-sm1.thumb.png.4cad601780330157a3318a606ba2fbff.png

Here is the current tablet setup.

editor-med.thumb.png.093be340602a198e464f5694d9a6771e.png

And these are the buttons that we didn't add to the tablet editor.

editor-med1.thumb.png.e3d1f46878035b688667cae0aca30ba8.png

As I mentioned the desktop view is loaded up with every possible option because there is plenty of space for them to be displayed.

If y'all want to modify those smaller two editor button options, get together and decide exactly what you want and we'll make those changes for ya.

3 hours ago, retro said:

We use two Google fonts in our frontend here. Open Sans and Roboto. But device browsers commonly over-ride defined web fonts and replace them with the manufacturers font choices. Sometimes they'll let ya turn font over rides off in the settings, sometimes not.

fonts.png

Yeah I just found it odd. I run a Mac with Chrome browser, and an iPhone with Chrome browser. So I'd assume they'd be the same.

• Like 1

Maybe the iPhone doesn't have the Comic Sans font installed? Here is what your Sig looks like on Linux w/Firefox browser

font.thumb.png.8063453ae277f5f5839c6ae064c23ce3.png

I tried to mark my location on the member map ,  either way that is presented to me to mark my spot  is not close to where I live , and the boundary line of Lacombe is wrong on the map by a long ways ----- one cool thing about the map is it shows 4 dotted line roads where my trails hit the roads  , and I have never seen them marked on any other map , even though the one out of my street is wrong , the other 3 are close , it's crazy ----- was trying to figure how to place the mark manually and gave myself a hangover headache trying to figure it out 

I zoomed in then right-clicked on the location where I want my marker to move to and chose "Edit Location". A popup asked if I'm sure then moved the marker. I am using a laptop so it might work differently on a phone.

EDIT: Mine is accurate to within a few miles. 🙂