BigYella500

ESP/D1/D2 blinks 5 times

Hey guys, I have a 2006 Rubicon and while riding it started feeling really sluggish in drive low like I was losing power but when I put it in reverse it turned the tires like normal. It felt like it wasn’t going into first gear when in drive. Then about 10 minutes later it started acting like it had a rev limiter in reverse and that’s when I noticed the ESP/D1/D2 flashing five times. Any ideas what my problem might be? Thanks

4D040B22-1F99-4EE5-AD68-21F3CAC0D21A.jpeg

i'm not to smart on your machine bro, but we got some members here that are !, just give them time to get off work, and log in, some one will be around to help you ! :-).

Problem code 5 is for the angle sensor system (control motor lock). I would start with checking the connector and wiring going to the angle sensor (left side under the plastic cover just below the exhaust). If that looks good I would then remove and clean the shift motor (I can posts pics on that process if needed) and reinitialize it. Make sure the gear the shift motor turns, turns freely. If it still is giving issues then you can start testing but it's probably a bad angle sensor. If it comes down to that don't cheap out with the aftermarket ones, OEM costs more but they work.

• Like 3