dirtslinger24

2003 Rubicon HondaMatic is locked up

Hello,
I purchased an 03 Rubicon with a running engine but transmission issues. I'm new to this fourwheeler and not sure where to start.

When in Nuetral is pushes back and forth easily- as it should

If i am to go into Drive or Reverse the transmission locks the wheels up and is immovable. the engine cant even get it to budge.

I have not checked oil pressure etc. When i turn the fourwheeler off it sounds as if something is spinning but not engaging to something.

Any clues I appreciate any help!

14 hours ago, dirtslinger24 said:

Hello,
I purchased an 03 Rubicon with a running engine but transmission issues. I'm new to this fourwheeler and not sure where to start.

When in Nuetral is pushes back and forth easily- as it should

If i am to go into Drive or Reverse the transmission locks the wheels up and is immovable. the engine cant even get it to budge.

I have not checked oil pressure etc. When i turn the fourwheeler off it sounds as if something is spinning but not engaging to something.

Any clues I appreciate any help!

some say these models have a habit of the oil pump chain coming off ?, from what little i know, this chain is behind the front engine cover.

• Like 1

Many things it could be. Check oil level to start with. Remember, it needs to be checked warm. Does your engine rev up when you have it in Drive? 

Go to the service manuals menu on top of the forum page and download your manual. Look for fault codes described in chapter 23.

• Like 1