SparkyMark

Cleaning up the 2004 Honda TRX450FM Foreman S

Thought I would post some pics of the cleaned up Foreman. Plastics came up like new after refinishing them. Mechanically and electrically it's perfect and running smooth. Seat has been replaced since these were taken.

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 6.46.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 8.58.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 8.58.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 8.59.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 9.02.37 PM.png

• Like 3

nice !!, but your front center caps for the rims is missing on right side, not sure if left front side is same way ?, no pics of left side :-).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow sparky I would not want to take that out of the garage to ride!!  I feel the same when I wash and wax one of my cars, why get it all dirty again.  Very nice looking machine good job.....

• Like 2

How did you refinish? Are those new marks, too?

BTW why is this under electronics?

Edited by Goober

3 hours ago, Goober said:

his display for what he thought gear position switch was missing ?, come find out, that model does not have this feature on them, only the es models have it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shadetree said:

nice !!, but your front center caps for the rims is missing on right side, not sure if left front side is same way ?, no pics of left side :-).

ReInstalled on rear wheels but had not put them back on front wheels at the point 🙂. Good powers of observation! Also replaced the seat since these photos were taken.

Edited by SparkyMark

10 minutes ago, shadetree said:

his display for what he thought gear position switch was missing ?, come find out, that model does not have this feature on them, only the es models have it.

Indeed - we were chatting about electronics. LCD meter and gear position switch / indicator.  Transpires (despite Honda dealer) that the FM model does not show the gear indicator in the meter thanks to @AKATV

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, shadetree said:

Removed the old tattered damaged marks. Sanded down with 230, 400, 800, 1000,1500, 2000 wet n dry paper. Then polished. Added new marks. Finished with a fine spray of SC1.  

Edited by SparkyMark

4 hours ago, Melatv said:

Hi: Big Welcome Here -- nice bikes

Thank you.  It's been a restoration journey.

23 minutes ago, shadetree said:

Got carried away with such a welcoming engaging community talking about electronics....my bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SparkyMark said:

ReInstalled on rear wheels but had not put them back on front wheels at the point 🙂. Good powers of observation! Also replaced the seat since these photos were taken.

i have an eye for details..lol. when you restore them like i do ?, you tend to make them look correct !..lol.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bcsman said:

Wow sparky I would not want to take that out of the garage to ride!!  I feel the same when I wash and wax one of my cars, why get it all dirty again.  Very nice looking machine good job.....

Bought for utilitarian purposes - so it's going to get dirty and worked hard - which is what these machines were designed to do. Snow blade attachment is in the side room out of view. Just had a new bottom plate and receiver for the blade manufactured by a local welding company out of 1/4" steel plate. 

Edited by SparkyMark
  • Like 2