fatcat

Air filter

Hi guys, wondering if anyone out there has or knows of a place where I could find a air cleaner housing for my 88 trx300fw? It’s thd tube that goes inside the foam filter. Thanks, Pat 

and right after he post this ^^ , I find him one on ebay..lol. but still, one of you great members might have an extra laying around for him ?.

88-92 ( 1st gen ) are the same , then 93-2000 ( 2nd and 3rd gen ) all the same , the length is the difference ----I have a 92 300 but it has a K+N and no inner screen , a lot of people don't like the K+N , the rep told me a story about them , they say people clean then with a hose and nozzle and that is too much pressure , all you need is running water , you need to get all the cleaning solution off or the oil with get diluted by the cleaner and then it has to be completely dry before applying the oil 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

88-92 ( 1st gen ) are the same , then 93-2000 ( 2nd and 3rd gen ) all the same , the length is the difference ----I have a 92 300 but it has a K+N and no inner screen , a lot of people don't like the K+N , the rep told me a story about them , they say people clean then with a hose and nozzle and that is too much pressure , all you need is running water , you need to get all the cleaning solution off or the oil with get diluted by the cleaner and then it has to be completely dry before applying the oil 

i've never noticed any difference in the element length ?, guess I need to check the part numbers !. 

well kiss my grits, the '88 only goes to '92 !. I know..i know..time out corner !..lol.

• Like 2

I have one but I have to remember where I put it. Do you need the works (inner housing, 2 clamps, end piece and screw)?

Edit. Ah, I misread. Posted the entire housing, not just the tube. 

Edited by Akunin
Oops misread

25 minutes ago, toodeep said:

I have one but I have to remember where I put it. Do you need the works (inner housing, 2 clamps, end piece and screw)?

Holy cow, I may be in luck. Looking mainly for the inner part. I believe I can make the back bracket if I can’t find it. What would you need for it if you have one? Thanks, Pat 

7 minutes ago, Akunin said:

Partzilla has it at $65.45. New OEM, set a bad base price

Screenshot_20191210-173304_Chrome.jpg

Part #2 is unavailable. Thanks for looking though. Pat 

Just now, fatcat said:

Part #2 is unavailable. Thanks for looking though. Pat 

Yeah, had to edit. Misread, thought the entire housing was needed. My bad!

I'll look in the morning @fatcat and let you know what I find. I know I have one at home here but it's hard telling what I did with it. I think I have a couple 1st gens at the shop though so they will be easier to find. I'm guessing around $20 should cover everything if i have one.

• Like 2

That would be great. Shadetree has helped me big time on this project so far. You guys all chipped in while I was struggling with spark. So glad I found this forum!! I will be sure to post pictures/video when I get her finished up enough to pull my daughters on the sled. I’m racing the snowfall here in north west Indiana. It’ll be here before I know it and the kiddos are patiently waiting for Dad to get the new toy going. Again, thanks for everyone’s help!! Pat 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, fatcat said:

That would be great. Shadetree has helped me big time on this project so far. You guys all chipped in while I was struggling with spark. So glad I found this forum!! I will be sure to post pictures/video when I get her finished up enough to pull my daughters on the sled. I’m racing the snowfall here in north west Indiana. It’ll be here before I know it and the kiddos are patiently waiting for Dad to get the new toy going. Again, thanks for everyone’s help!! Pat 

like I have been telling ya, there are some great members here !!!!!, some i've known for 10 years, others not so much ?, but the one thing I can count on ?..IS ONE OF THEM WILL ALWAYS STEP UP, AND HELP ANOTHER MEMBER OUT HERE !!!!, I never can thank these members enough ! :-).

• Like 1

What makes it all good , is people from all over the country and world , with different lifestyles and goals ,  getting together to help one another out with a common goal , having fun on atv's 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

What makes it all good , is people from all over the country and world , with different lifestyles and goals ,  getting together to help one another out with a common goal , having fun on atv's 

and most of us here have been together for a very long time !.

@fatcat I struck out at the shop today (just some 2nd gen) so I'll dig through my boxes at home and see if I can find one. If that fails I will go over to the farm and look through our private parts lineup if they aren't too deep in snow. I know I have one over there but that might be a day or so.

Toodeep, I appreciate all the help. No rush, let me know. You’ll have to raise the price due to all that driving back and forth! Thanks, Pat 

@fatcat I struck out again. Mice got into it and the metal cage is rusted really bad. It would work in a last resort situation but that's about it.