retro

Memorial Day Weekend

Y'all have a safe, fun and unproductive weekend!!! 😎

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Starting my Memorial Day weekend off building a fire in the wood furnace.  Gee whiz come on!!  Hi of 45 today windy and raining, not what is expected the end of May, but glad I have the dry wood to keep Mrs bcs happy.....lol

• Like 3

Supposed to be sunny and 70 here tomorrow, which will be a huge relief from the low 90's we've had all week

Plan to blow a beaver dam up tomorrow, do some grilling Sunday, and maybe trim back the trails a bit where little stuff has grown in from the sides.  Other than that, no plans, which is a welcome relief.

• Like 2

Family visiting from Florida and Denver.... We're playing hosts. Might play on the "escape vehicle".... I mean ATV.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Fore ya do that breathalyzer, just say ya got tested positive for covid. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

thought I had the long weekend off..yard work, etc...but got a last minute call to roll my PA out for a band I know..so tomorrow will be hoofin it a bit..make a couple bucks and then enjoy the balance of the weekend..here...no traffic, no craziness on the lake..just my back yard.

• Like 3

16th anniversary was yesterday. Last Saturday my wife noticed her diamond was missing in her ring. I told her it is mighty suspicious this happened right before #16 lol. Probably run by a jeweler and have her take a look at a few rocks.    Headed out with the family to eat lunch as early as we can. Living in a military town on a payday weekend gets crazy... and a holiday is crazier come chow time. Supposed to have real bad storms later today so we will be right here at home. Gotta make sure I grab a case of beer for later.... 

• Like 3

53f today. glad i didnt go camping/boating. only remember 1 good weekend, out of many trips. where it was warm or not raining. was up in the high 70s, just before the weekend, par for course. must be global warming that causes this cold. Al Gore said so.. you can depends on him. he also said he invented the internet. a good person, no doubt, the tells sooo obvious truths. he aint told us yet that he spawned the human race.. guess he dont like to brag..

should be warmer tomorrow. projected to be 76f, with a low of 55., or is that monday. anyway tues is to be near 80s. the next weekend is the time to hit the lakes. all the party people, an the city slickers are spent..

i found a diamond, once, hvac, at a customers house, he said it was costume. but kept it, easy enough. was his house. i dont think so.  probable been looking for a while. the face said so..

usually the face dont lie. he was relived. just to tight, to give a reward, not that i would take one, anyway...

the face has over 5000, expressions, and i dont know how many the voice has.

sorry, went off on a tangent, got a tendency to do that.. 🙂

• Like 3

@LedFTed, I have one of those faces that speaks for itself at times lol. Mama always said if you don't have anything nice, stay quiet.... never said anything about facial expressions!

Its pretty cool here today. Oldest niece has her graduation party today. We got some nice rain last night for about an hour.

• Thanks 1

Many thanks to all veterans who made the ultimate sacrifice to preserve our freedoms!!

• Like 4

20210531_153148.jpg

15 hours ago, THH said:

Many thanks to all veterans who made the ultimate sacrifice to preserve our freedoms!!

THH, Thank you! My dad being one of them in WWll.

My wife and I decided to take a Memorial Day jaunt to get out of the house and valley. Went up over The Beartooth Highway,  and from there down into Wyoming and up over the Chief Joeseph Scenic Byway. Unbelievable beauty and more or less out our back door. Reached an altitude of nearly 11,000 ft snow alongside the road 20+ ft deep, they just opened up the Bear Tooth on Friday. We drove 534 miles for day was absolutely stunning. 

20210531_105020.jpg

20210531_111532.jpg

20210531_113829.jpg

qc6I1nPz-448650047.jpeg

20210531_123051.jpg

20210531_152634.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Memorial celebrations across the nation were targeted by government by stopping of the permits -----The Memorial Day water parade in Jupiter , Fla.  was targeted to be stopped , but it went off for the most part 

• Like 4

The members of the present administration really have no respect for our Armed Force members or our military protection , every  budget has been increased except the military which has been cut 

I really don't get it , cut the military , defund the police , take away your rights to defend yourself , let criminals out of jail , let illegals in to country , let protesters  destroy businesses across the country --- I think the narrative is easy to see coming , it is going to be said a new military and federal police force is needed as the present ones don't work 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

The members of the present administration really have no respect for our Armed Force members or our military protection , every  budget has been increased except the military which has been cut 

I really don't get it , cut the military , defund the police , take away your rights to defend yourself , let criminals out of jail , let illegals in to country , let protesters  destroy businesses across the country --- I think the narrative is easy to see coming , it is going to be said a new military and federal police force is needed as the present ones don't work 

It is very sad but I think you have it correct fish.  Let's hope somehow before this all gets put in place there are enough so called politicians to stop it...

Also I see our vice president wanted us to enjoy our "long weekend".  Gee maybe explain why we are having a "long weekend" ....lol

• Like 3

thanks for the Beartooth pics...amazing country!!

While I have many family members that have passed on, none of them fell in battle, but of course I still make time to set myself apart from the world, even if it's on the back deck or deep in my woods (did both yesterday) and just reflect.

weather was cooler parked just under 80.

for over 15 years, Memorial weekend was our heaviest concert time. Used to refer to it as the near death experience  weekend. And more than once, I did try to kill myself in the heat, no sleep for 4 days, etc. 

I would have so many stages and bands that I would have to bring in 2 other shops from out of state.

these days, after selling the biz, my semi-retirement years include small town USA festivals and weddings etc.

So this past Saturday was covering just one band at a town carnival /festival.

Pulled about half my normal PA rig into service and about half normal pay, but I know the band and the promoter and the small business owners are just doing what they can to reboot their economy. So I was happy to be a part of it all.

sunday was some property chores and yesterday was quiet downtime and a few laps out on the property on my 93 Fourtrax. Funny how new toys have come and gone, but the old ones seem to just fit and feel best.

• Like 4

Had a good weekend here.  Finally got over the strep crud that dragged me down last week.

Went out on the farm Saturday (chilly, didn't make it out of the upper 50's) and blew some beaver dams with my neighbor.  He was using dam busters, I had Tannerite.  Had the kid with me for a bit, took her back to the house for a nap, and then the oldest and her boyfriend went back out with me.  We got the dam blown on my duck hole, and it let enough water out to uncover what I want uncovered.  Now I just need to watch it and make sure that it stays dry until it's time to plant.

Sunday went to church and then had my family over to eat. 

Yesterday I had to have the two teens at the church at 5AM to head to camp for the week, so I stayed up and got some work done.  My roads on the farm have branches growing in from both sides so took my loppers out and got the roads around one former field (now in trees) cut back.  Got back to the house about 8AM, and put the front brakes and tie rods on the 07 I've been working on.  Waiting on a used M/C from powersportsnation for that one, will bleed the brakes and then start putting the fenders on.

Thought I was going to be able to take it easy yesterday afternoon, but the in-laws came by with our new dog.  2 year old Labradoodle.  They just moved and couldn't take the dog with them, so we have a dag now.  Pretty all black giant of a dog.  He's friendly and played well with the little one, so think he'll be good to have around.  Father-in-law had been fishing all weekend down south, so he brought fish and we ended up frying fish late yesterday afternoon.  

Busy weekend, but got a lot done and got to spend some time with the family.

• Like 4