CamKnouff

Dash Camera

After a couple of scares I feel the need to protect myself with facts, not "he said, you said" thus a need for the "a picture is worth a 1,000 words" defence.  The last issue - twice in the same block, second one I braked hard, swerved, dog smashed into the dash, I lost it.  Their response it was just an accident- No- you were driving with undo care and attention, changing lanes lanes when unsafe to do so! Not an accident, would have been the cause of one.  So any suggestions of a reasonable priced dash camera, with good optics and memory card?  Surprisingly I find this is not as great a problem when driving the big Square Body, but in the VW I seem to be fair game.  Thanks

• Like 2

On 5/30/2021 at 12:48 PM, CamKnouff said:

After a couple of scares I feel the need to protect myself with facts, not "he said, you said" thus a need for the "a picture is worth a 1,000 words" defence.  The last issue - twice in the same block, second one I braked hard, swerved, dog smashed into the dash, I lost it.  Their response it was just an accident- No- you were driving with undo care and attention, changing lanes lanes when unsafe to do so! Not an accident, would have been the cause of one.  So any suggestions of a reasonable priced dash camera, with good optics and memory card?  Surprisingly I find this is not as great a problem when driving the big Square Body, but in the VW I seem to be fair game.  Thanks

I do not have any good recommendations unfortunately, but your post had me thinking about how long it might be before dash cams are just a standard feature in cars? I'm surprised the government hasn't mandated that just like the requirement to have a back up camera on all vehicles. Then they could be watching every vehicle on the road.

• Like 1