drhuntr47

2017 Rancher fuel injection codes

My 2017 Rancher fuel injection light is blinking two long and three short blinks.  Is this a code 23 O2 sensor problem?   What is the fix?

Probably need to get a new one, do you take your bike on long runs or is it just short runs? What type of fuel do you use

Yes, that's the famous O2 sensor code. You can try cleaning it and see if it works. Most likely you'll need to replace it, buy a delete or just ride it with the code flashing. The only ones I replaced was under warranty. How long have you had the machine? There is a emission warranty that is 3 years from the date of purchase if I remember correctly (I would have to look at the handbook). No extended warranty needed for that if your in the time frame.

• Like 1

First of all thanks for the help.   I run mostly short runs with cheap gas, lately I have been running ethanol free with higher octane.  When I change out the O2 sensor will I need to reset something?    Thanks again

If I remember right the code is just stored and will go away with a working part. A lot of new machines have this problem from short runs at the dealership and the exhaust not getting hot enough.

• Like 1

I run high test and usually give my bike a bit of a work out, have just over 4500 kms without a problem, you need to give her a good run to burn off the junk in the O2 sensor every once and a while. I'd rather pay a few cents more at the gas pump now and avoid these problems with my quad.

Edited by TBRider

Thanks for letting us know how you fixed it!

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 7:55 PM, toodeep said:

Yes, that's the famous O2 sensor code. You can try cleaning it and see if it works. Most likely you'll need to replace it, buy a delete or just ride it with the code flashing. The only ones I replaced was under warranty. How long have you had the machine? There is a emission warranty that is 3 years from the date of purchase if I remember correctly (I would have to look at the handbook). No extended warranty needed for that if your in the time frame.

What can it mean if the pgm-fi light stays on?

On 2/28/2021 at 11:36 AM, Ftskeeder said:

What can it mean if the pgm-fi light stays on?

Can you give a little more information on what the problem is and what might have been done up to having the problem? Electronics are some of the hardest things to diagnose online and there are a lot of little things in the system that can trip the light. 

On 3/1/2021 at 9:13 PM, toodeep said:

Can you give a little more information on what the problem is and what might have been done up to having the problem? Electronics are some of the hardest things to diagnose online and there are a lot of little things in the system that can trip the light. 

I really don't know what happened to it, I just bought it today and the light is staying lit up.

On 3/1/2021 at 9:13 PM, toodeep said:

On 3/2/2021 at 10:04 PM, Ftskeeder said:

I really don't know what happened to it, I just bought it today and the light is staying lit up.

Hey toodeep,

sorry I missed your question, I changed out the o2 sensor and that was the correct fix.

thank you ,

ftskeeder

• Like 2