Chevymec

Thermal scope recommendations

We have a real bad yote problem here and very rarely see them during the day. I have been looking at the ATN THOR 4 series. Anyone have any insite on these of any model or make? 

Mark your territory. fire off some shots. even bottle rockets. lucky, i gotta take a leak all the time, comes with old age or something. even when i dont drink bud,, its like ever 1/2 to .75 times an hour...3/4..

no need to waste the skill.

the Yotes, dont like bottle rockets. ya dont have to spend a lot of money there. the ones that whistle, before they bang, are the best.. 🙂 been there...

On 5/31/2021 at 9:36 AM, Chevymec said:

We have a real bad yote problem here and very rarely see them during the day. I have been looking at the ATN THOR 4 series. Anyone have any insite on these of any model or make? 

A couple of ways to get rid of coyotes without firing a shot , get a few $1 car wash sponges , cut them with a scissors to 2x2 inch squares , soak them in bacon or hamburger grease , leave them in a container on a coyote trail , they will eat them and then can't ! them out and die from blockage , sounds cruel , but it is one of the secret ways the Wildlife and Fisheries was doing  it 

take a five gallon plastic bucket , cut a 2 inch hole in the middle of the bottom , then cut pie slices from the hole to the sides of the bucket and stop about 1 1/2 inches from edge , drill a hole in the top of the bucket and run a wire thru and tie a piece of chicken or such for bait , then reattach the top , throw the bucket out but " don't " tie it to a tree , they will stick their head into the hole to get the bait and it will stick around their neck , they will wonder till they die from lack of water and food 

14 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

A couple of ways to get rid of coyotes without firing a shot , get a few $1 car wash sponges , cut them with a scissors to 2x2 inch squares , soak them in bacon or hamburger grease , leave them in a container on a coyote trail , they will eat them and then can't ! them out and die from blockage , sounds cruel , but it is one of the secret ways the Wildlife and Fisheries was doing  it 

take a five gallon plastic bucket , cut a 2 inch hole in the middle of the bottom , then cut pie slices from the hole to the sides of the bucket and stop about 1 1/2 inches from edge , drill a hole in the top of the bucket and run a wire thru and tie a piece of chicken or such for bait , then reattach the top , throw the bucket out but " don't " tie it to a tree , they will stick their head into the hole to get the bait and it will stick around their neck , they will wonder till they die from lack of water and food 

Just make sure there aren't any dogs around.

5 hours ago, PROV said:

Just make sure there aren't any dogs around.

I don't advise those methods ^^^^ as they are cruel ------  my coyote disposal method is surprise , when I would see them on the surveillance cams I would try and sneak out the back door , that doesn't work on a coyote , you are not going to sneak them --- so what you do is , have the gun loaded , off safety , hand on the front door knob , I live on a dead end street and it is about 200 ft from my front door to the wood line , when you pop out on them it scares  them , they freeze up for a second and look up ,  which adds another second to the time it takes them to run to the wood line , so that gives you about 3 seconds ,  12 gauge 3 inch mag 000 buck ---- then from watching the cams I learned that they must smell and must understand death , as they will go to the spot where the last one was killed days after and check it out and then not come back 

For a while I was trying to call them with a wounded animal call and a loud speaker set up , never was successful with that and realized I have a Pomeranian and I was calling them in for dinner , so quit that 

When I first moved here I bought chickens , guinne hens , ducks , goats , rabbits , was going to be a rancher ,  built a coral and they were getting knocked off every night , put an electric fence around , cameras , baby monitors ---- I had to give up on that , they were destroying me , bobcats , foxes , coyotes , feral cats , harks , owls all ate here , set up foot traps , live bait traps and as quick as you take one out ,  another would show up ----  it has been under control for a while , till  recently my neighbor dog got taken by this cat below , not really sure what it is , maybe a very large feral cat or possibly a juvenile panther , then right after that a black bobcat started showing up , the wife and I have seem him in the daylight and he is black , read the black is very rare , he is going to look good mounted , lol , only suppose to shot the bobcats during big game season , that pic is right off my back patio right before daylight 

Ynlqn8vhQJGHln3J52Gn8g.jpg

fullsizeoutput_ea9.jpeg

• Like 2

I have read a lot on the Thor 4's and I believe that is the route I am going to go.  Had a good size one walk by yesterday in daylight on camera.