Jemmons467

Help with random wire

So I was cleaning under my wheeler, 2000 Foreman 450 ES, I noticed this random wire hanging by the rear on the engine and it appears to go up to the right rear tire. I did not get a chance to chase it, dinner, kids and all, so I figured I'd post it up real quick. Thanks in advance.20210603_170846.jpg

Looks like the wire that should connect to the oil temp sensor.

• Like 2

do you have another pic , I just was working on my 2000 450 temp sensor , wire in the same general area , but something just don't look right for the temp wire 

Oil temp sensor wire that came unplugged. About straight in from the foot pegs in the middle of the motor (general area) you'll find the sensor to plug it back in so your fan will work. You might want to squeeze the connector a little since it looks like it spread a little.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

do you have another pic , I just was working on my 2000 450 temp sensor , wire in the same general area , but something just don't look right for the temp wire 

I do not but I plan on fixing it tomorrow so I'll grab another picture.

On 6/3/2021 at 10:49 PM, Fishfiles said:

Fish I think it does'nt look quite right because there is electrical tape in place of the original rubber boot at the end of the wire.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, THH said:

Fish I think it does'nt look quite right because there is electrical tape in place of the original rubber boot at the end of the wire.

I still have the belly pan off mine from  changing out the temp sensor that Retro sent me in his Temp controller monitor / Gizmo kit  and I looked at that wire day before yesterday after this thread came up , that's why I asked to see another pic , now I am looking at a 2000 S and not a ES , but don't think that would be any different 

• Like 1

@THH @Fishfiles I think you are right, the boot is gone and there is only electrical tape on it now.

Once I get under there I might try either heat shrink or high temp silicone in it to keep it on and covered.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jemmons467 said:

the boot was still on the oil temp sensor so I re-taped it

A little bit of silicone gasket maker will seal that connection and remain removable for service.

• Like 3