GeorgeT

01 foreman 500 rear brakes

Ok now that I got the shifting trouble fixed it's time to start on the rear brakes. My brake drum is rusted to the axle so I know it's going to take some doing to get it off. and I am thinking about changing the Honda shoe set up to a disk brake set up. What do you all think about SuperATV set ups. Any good, junk, Ok, Give me some info on them 

• Like 1

Sounds good Fishfiles that is what I wanted to know before I throw 250 bucks at it. 

• Like 1

Call  SuperATV directly , tell them your a member of this site and they will give you 10% off 

• Like 3

well this stinks. I was looking at there website and it says they will not work with Factory alum wheels. And mine has factory alum wheels on it. Just my luck. So I guess I am sticking to the old drum and shoe brakes. 

10 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Call  SuperATV directly , tell them your a member of this site and they will give you 10% off 

Yep, they gave me a discount when I bought mine!

I will say, I am not happy with the way my rear disc works. This is my link from when I replaced mine.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 8:44 AM, GeorgeT said:

well this stinks. I was looking at there website and it says they will not work with Factory alum wheels. And mine has factory alum wheels on it. Just my luck. So I guess I am sticking to the old drum and shoe brakes. 

They say the same thing about their front disc conversion, but most people who have tried it have had no issues.  The few that did have rubbing were able to grind a hair off the caliper and have it work ok.

I'd call them and ask why they say it won't work with aluminum wheels. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 8:44 AM, GeorgeT said:

George , I have quite a few sets of SuperATV disc kits and have aluminum rims on my ATVs , back before SuperATV started with recommending the grinding of the caliper for clearance , I starting using wheel spacers with the aluminum rims , 1 inch is all it takes and you won't have to grind 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 9:49 AM, Chevymec said:

Yep, they gave me a discount when I bought mine!

I will say, I am not happy with the way my rear disc works. This is my link from when I replaced mine.

So Chevymec what did you end up doing about a return spring on yours