Fluke

New from Eastern North Carolina

Just joined and look forward to hearing some positive ideas!  Thanks for the invite Jeepwm69!

• Like 2

Welcome to ATVHonda Fluke!

• Like 1

Riding an old Honda 2002 Rancher I bought new.  I was 50 at the time and had no idea It would last this long or me either!!  That's what has brought me to this site for a little help and advice occasionally.  Never had any trouble at all I couldn't take care of until recently and closest dealer told me they don't work on any ATV's older than 7 years old.  I couldn't believe my ears!  What can you do except fix it yourself even if its major......so here I am!  Next closest dealer said they would work on it and they are 65 miles away and have a 1+ month waiting list.  

• Like 1

Fluke , you came to the right spot , we got a bunch of old timers , riding old school Honda round here , that like to try and help a brother out !!! 

• Like 1

I'm working on a fix for the stock Keihin carburetor that has an impossible leak coming from the bowl overflow when the gas is left on and the engine is stopped.  You can throw all the aftermarket and OEM parts at it your bank account can stand and not fix the problem.  Why I had no leaking problems for 19 years nobody, from Sudco International, Keihin's distributor, can explain to me.  They have not admitted a problem or offered a solution so far, but the float stop is the only thing I have found so far that fixes the leak.  I have adjusted the stop on the original carb as well as the new carb.  I'm not sure if it is the thing to do for a long term solution but it works short term and has stopped the leak.  Interested at this point if Honda has anything to say because Keihin says casting and float stop is built to Honda design specs and that's all they can discuss.  

Maybe I'll hear something next week I can pass along to the group because I know there are other folks that have this frustrating problem too.

welcome FLUKE, there is people here that can help you, don't buy anything yet..just give us a couple of days to get the word out. DERF40

• Like 3

I had the same leaky float valve problem with my 2000 Rancher three years ago. I fixed mine with a small diameter tapered dremel grinding stone that I twisted by hand inside the brass float valve seat to cut a new seat angle profile. After lightly grinding the brass by hand I polished the brass seat taper with a cotton Q-tip and some buffing compound. The float valve has sealed perfectly ever since.

• Like 3

Hey Fluke you got an invite from one of our bestest members....Glad you took the time to join.  And yes a large % of members here have the older Hondas, still driving and fixing.  I see retro has give you and idea for stopping the fuel leak maybe there will be more advice.   

• Like 2

welcome, im not an old timer, just being 66. this is a good site. the best..

• Like 1

welcome to the forums. the older trx350 ranchers were, AND STILL ARE !, one of the worse ones to leak from a defective float needle seat !.