Fishfiles

Super Natural / Ghost / Spirits / Haunted Places

Super natural , we were conversing in chat the other night and the subject came up , personally I have seen , heard and felt some unexplainable things throughout my life , so I  will say I believe in spirts and ghost  ---- I am sure some of you'll have some stories , would love to hear them 

I lived in New Orleans which is one of the oldest cities in the USA being over 300 years old now , I was married to a woman that was into VooDoo , card readers , fortune tellers and anything super natural , never really knew it before we were married , knew something was freaky about her , have many stories about her , but something that freaked me out yesterday 

De'Ja'Vue always intrigued me , it is when you walk into some where and feel that you have been there before , that you lived or viewed that scene before ----  My  Dad requested that when he pasted , I have him cremated and his ashes  poured into Bayou St John at the Our Lady of the Holy Rosary Bridge  , the bayou runs thru the city of New Orleans and was once the way into the city from Lake Ponchartrain , it is a very historic place that runs along City Park , this  old swinging  bridge is between Dumaine and Esplande , 3 blocks from where I grew up and lived  till I was 10 , same place my mother ,father and  grand parents lived  , it is right across from the church and school I went to as kid , this bridge is 100 years old and there were ones there before that , it did have vehicle traffic way back in the model A  Ford times , just wide enough for one vehicle at a time , but became foot traffic only thru time and is  a historic site  now days , my great grandfather parked his oyster boat once every few  years in the bayou to do maintenance as there was ship yard right close to that bridge where they pulled the boats out the water on skids , this was right at 1899 , had some pics from the 20s that Katrina flooded ---  well the wife , 2nd wife , and I poured the ashes at dusk one evening , my Dad's nickname was Duck as his name was Donald , from people feeding the ducks at the bridge for years , when someone walks out on the bridge they will all swim to the bridge looking for a hand out , so when the ashes were dumped all the ducks came to the bridge , when I go to the bridge there is always at least  one duck that comes to visit me and I  always bring some popcorn or bread to feed them 

Well BCS and I were talking VooDoo and Marie La'vue  last night in chat , was telling him my VooDoo princess ex was into going to the Marie La'Vue  shop on Bourbon Street , La'Vue  was a VooDoo lady from a long time ago , VooDoo is a hard to explain , it is kind of Catholic religion wrapped in up black magic ,  yesterday I was working in the yard and took a break , turned on the TV and the fans  on the patio and sat down with a drink , the channel was set to the History channel and as soon as the picture comes on and there is the bridge on Bayou St John , I checked the guide and the program and found it  was Haunted Mysteries or something like that , it was a long segment , don't know how much of it I missed , need to see it again in it's entirety ,   well they were saying that bridge is considered the most haunted place in all of New Orleans , I  lived in New Orleans till I was 52 years old  and never knew that , know there are tours of the city for haunted places and have been on them and they never went there ,  had no clue that bridge was part of the haunted culture , they went on to say that Marie La'Vue would have a ritual at that bridge  every weekend , to talk about it last night and hours later turn on the TV at just the right time and right channel was a de'ja'vu moment , now I wonder if my dad knew the history of that bridge , he told me they swam there as kids , and jumped off the top , he was born in 1934 

• Like 2

i already told this once, guess there is no harm in telling it again. i hitched down to Ocala, to get a job riding racehorses. i got out in Ocala from a trucker. some bum was following me around, so i took off walking. i had called the Hobeau Farm, an had a job. long story short, after walking a while, the bum gave up, an an quit following me.

{i walked a mile to school], so i had more staying power.. i was tired so, i prayed for help. not long after, i was picked up, by a lady, she was looking for a rider, that rode arabian horses. she took me to the bank, where she draw-ed some money out, i fussed at her for doing this, no telling who ya pick up, then she dropped me off at the gate, of the hobeau farm. she were looking for a rider named ED, an i am. what made her pull over, an pick me up, just a thought, that she needed to an she told me so.. not a spirit story, that your looking for.

i have felt some spirits, or something, the presence, in the room, that ya cant see, when playing the git-fiddle. once i was playing, my mom come down stairs, i didnt see her, till she militarized, in front of me. i was deep in playing, an i never seen anything since. to compare, a storm comes,  the reception is weak, the screen shows little squares, instead of a picture, is close..    

• Like 1

that's out there fish.... but you always think out side the lines, i reckon that's why i like reading your post so much, i myself, well, i don't have anything much to compare, with ghost stories, i reckon my mind is mechanical in nature, I've never really seen felt or heard anything that can't be explained, or, maybe I'm just missing out, but my house is about mid 250 +'years old, one of the oldest houses left around, spooky to some, but a home to me, now my sister claims she's seen some very odd things happen here ,one is an antique clock, soon as i talk to her again, I'll get the best of the story as i can. 

• Like 1

See the light : it was around 1978 when I was riding my 2 stroke triple 500 Kawasaki down Chef Mentuer highway in New Orleans and a guy pulled out in front of me , hit the brakes for a second maybe two and hit the front fender going around 60 mph , I flew over the hood  , the bike stood there with the car and I hit the street with the top of my Bell full coverage helmet which was scrapped up from the concrete street , I was knocked unconscious , it was right in front of the Reb Bean restaurant , the wife of a contractor Dudley Majors who was a nurse was eating there and seen the whole thing out the front window  ,  story goes she ran out and said I never had a heart beat or pulse and started administering CPR till the ambulance arrived , when I woke up I was looking at the EMS guy wheeling me into the ambulance , never had a broken bone , cut or road rash no where on my body , just a concussion , I tried to get up and they made me stay down and took me to the hospital , where they ran every test imaginable on me and found nothing wrong , don't know how long I was out , long enough for the ambulance to arrive , people talk about going towards the light in a near death experience  , I can say I seen I seen that light  , things have never been quite the same since , not in a bad way by any means , I found myself much more in touch with the world , people and what is going on a around me --- there was an guardian -angel  watching over me that day 

• Like 3

i recall this one from the old forums, now that's an eye opener, i came close to having a near death, and as odd as it may sound, I'd like to, but under normal circumstances, I've always been curious as to what it would be like on the other side, not warped, nuts, crazy, or, but if you read what it says, no pain, no suffering, everlasting, kind of hard to beat that, compaired to what we have here on earth, but the idea of running into those who have wronged me, well.... i reckon, all is forgiven, which is the way it should be, it's too bad i don't have that quality, which when I'm judged, I'll have to answer for among other sins. 

No one can give a no doubt answer to what and where we go after it is all over here , you just have to live life to the fullest and be  righteous along the way ,  cause St Peter might very well be there at the Pearly Gates with the book of all your doing and judge you by them !! 

Reminds me of a joke :  Three guys got killed in a truck wreck on the way to go fishing , while meeting with St Peter , he told them that Heaven was a big place and every one was awarded transportation by the way they treated people on Earth , so he asked the first guy , How many times did you cheat on your wife , the guy says not once , he looked at the book and said that is true , I have a 2021 Bronco Outlander fully loaded for you , he asked the second guy and he said maybe twice , he told him after looking to the book that is was really 4 times , he was awarded a 1987 Chevy , runs good ,  radio but no A/C , the last guy said I am not going to lie , it was a lot  maybe a hundred times , after looking at the book  St Peter said it was 215 times , he said I seen worst , I have a 64 VW , no radio , no A/C --- so a week goes by and the three meet up and start shooting the bull , two of them are happy and loving Heaven , they ask the third guy why is he so depressed , they say you got the best truck up here , he says , I just seen my wife she is on roller skates and missing one wheel 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

When my Dad passed , after the funnel we had a gathering of family and friends at his house , my Mom had passed about 8 years before my Dad ,  the wife and I were the first to arrive at the house and walking up to the house two doves flew onto the roof right above  the front door , just three feet from the gutter can and were very vocal , doing their calls , they were not scared of us at all , this had never happened just like that before , my Dad feed the birds as he was a bird lover for sure , let my wife be my witness , we both never said a word and looked at one another in amazement till someone else arrived and they flew off --- I truly believe there is after life , there are signs along the way , you just need to pay attention --- that is something that motorcycle accident did to me , it made me much more aware of what is going on around me , I looked at things with much more detail after that , things slowed down for say , in fact I will never forget what the doctor told me in the hospital , he said " you need to slow down  and smell the roses " , which I thought was kind of corny at the time , but it is words of wisdom  

• Like 3

very interesting fish, i couldn't get my sister on the phone, and i can't lieve here.... etc (sigh) but the short of it is there WAS an antique clock, wind up brass closure with a glass face over the dial, and it was sitting on a mantel here in the south upstars bed room, where my niece slep, when my older sister devorsed they had no place to go, so they moved up here, and from what i recall, the clock would start chiming, at night ONLY, now this was years ago, i wasn't even a member in the old forums, so it was way back, anyways it frightened Karen (niece) to death, and she would go into her mothers room, but Mary blew it off, and thought karen had wound the clock up, but Karen claimed she never did, now this went on for a couple days, it didnt matter what the temperature was, or humidity, so we moved the clock, and it stopped chiming, and Mary wanted back on the mantel, so after a few days we took the clock back, placed where is was, and it started chiming all over again, well, bless her heart, Karen had HAD enough, so she swopped rooms with he older sister kristy, and it never chimed again, well Mary wanted to get it checked out so she took it helms in columbia, and they checked it (according to her) and it have never been wound and was perfect working condition, we never did find out what happened, but years later the clock just disappeared, no one knows what happened to it, or i haven't been told, i know Mary nor her kids wanted anything to do with it, lol,  Mary still brings that clock up, she claims it was possessed .... (sigh) 

• Like 2

My dad passed at the shelbyville hospital. was in ky. he was on the 3rd floor. my sister an me was on the 1st floor, at the time, waiting for the elevator.

then the floor or something, shook,  a moment of feeling off balance, then the glass door opened an shut at the end of the hall, yet nobody was there.

when the elevator finally came, we went up to the 3rd floor, and to my dads room. he had just crossed over a seconds/minutes ago..

Edited by LedFTed
structure of thought
  • Like 3

Wow , another very freaky thing happened yesterday morning at 6:19 , right before sunrise I was going to the kitchen to refill my coffee cup , and the biggest of our wind chimes went off violently , we have 20+ wind chines on the patio , it was only this one making any noise , it wasn't windy and I knew which one it was immediately , as it is very deep unique sound , as the tubes are 5 foot long , so I walked to the back door and turned on the light and peeked thru the blinds and the chime was still moving around , it rang for a good 20 seconds total , the motion light was not activated , which is right on top that wind chime ,  the tubes were banging against the aluminum column that holds the patio up , it was very loud and violent as I keeping saying , so I never seen any thing out there -----

I went to the cameras and set up play back and found the spot where the patio light came on and went back from there a few seconds , what I seen I can't explain and have shown the pics and video I got to friends , what ever this thing was in these pics got tangled up in the wind chime , it was more than just hitting it as it just kept going on and on 

if you look at the time on the video and watch the timer  , that whole  video is less than 1 second as it films like 10 frames per second 

Mg+vBSxpRiGfe7pOTa2b0A.jpg

ZIMLfhcXTEe6MGcidgJJTg.jpg

EKFq1vmeR4GZapt2WXFmeQ.jpg

pVJkOdxwT6+ZXO6xs8I5LA.jpg

mJHf7gEKQr+Chsp5hsOlIg.jpg

XT2CJmhaQ0ubhoVnAu+50Q.jpg

I seen a show on Travel , it is called Ghosts of Morgan City ------  Morgan City is in southern Louisiana incorporated in 1860 , there is so much Ghost activity in the corridor along Berwick , Franklin and Morgan City that the sheriffs of the area hired paranormal experts  , they made a series on it , first time  I ever seen it was today 

We lost a son a few years ago. On a Sunday evening my wife was talking to my sister and I about him and was saying how if something happened to him she would have him cremated. The next morning we found out that he was dead and apparently had died that Sunday morning. We talked about that conversation afterwards and felt how weird it was. Also, after my dad died I had a hawk that flew and sat on a limb right above my truck with me standing by the bed. It didn’t act scared and I took several pics of it before it left. Was kind of  a “sign” for me.

6E486C00-A00B-4531-8D03-804E27750F2C.jpeg

F5565F4D-013F-4BB3-BC88-4367B3D15D55.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kevron said:

We lost a son a few years ago. On a Sunday evening my wife was talking to my sister and I about him and was saying how if something happened to him she would have him cremated. The next morning we found out that he was dead and apparently had died that Sunday morning. We talked about that conversation afterwards and felt how weird it was. Also, after my dad died I had a hawk that flew and sat on a limb right above my truck with me standing by the bed. It didn’t act scared and I took several pics of it before it left. Was kind of  a “sign” for me.

6E486C00-A00B-4531-8D03-804E27750F2C.jpeg

I can related to the hark --- Sorry to hear of your lost --- no parent should have to go thru  burying  their children before they pass away 

I wonder sometimes if some  are reincarnated as birds and animals ---- I wonder about incarnation in general , many times in my  life I walked into Deja Vu situations from a previous life >>>>>>  creating and playing  jazz blues is one of them and what is crazy is , I like just about all music , except ,  I don't really like jazz blues , but I could put a song together for you 

Something going on right now for some time , we have a blue jay that lives in the trees of our backyard , when I play music on the patio , this bird will cut up , he will come on the branch of the oak that is closest to the patio ( 20ft )  and it is like he is almost singing along , or I wonder if he is telling me to turn that crap down , LOL 

I believe in signs , the week my Dad had a heart attack and died , he told me he seen my Mom ,  she passed 8 years before him , he never did say anything like that before 

• Like 1