IanF

Hi from the SW in England!

Folks,

Kind of like Christmas, on Wednesday I get to collect a couple TRX350D - both are in pieces, so a full restore and assembly required.

I have played on various other old quads, but will be sure to come back and beg advice if I encounter problems.

All going well, there will need to be a decision regarding my 'keeper' atv...........Kawasaki KLF400......or a Honda Foreman! 😀

Ian

• Like 3

Welcome Ian , have a cousin named Ian , and ride a Honda , we practically  brothers  from anther Mother !!! 

• Like 1

Just now, Fishfiles said:

Welcome Ian , have a cousin named Ian , and ride a Honda , we practically  brothers  from anther Mother !!! 

Noooo!

Is he also incredibly good looking, sophisticated and charming, immensely practical - yet strangely modest? 😃

What are the chances?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, IanF said:

Noooo!

Is he also incredibly good looking, sophisticated and charming, immensely practical - yet strangely modest? 😃

What are the chances?

He is a movie actor and stared in quite a few series and movies !! 

• Like 1

Hey Ian glad you found us.  There are a number of 350D riders around here so not like nobody will know about them.  If @shadetree  shows up around here he has one and entirely tore it down and rebuilt.  He has also done a few others along with a ton of the older Hondas.  There shade did I earn my monthly dividend......lol

• Like 2

Welcome! Shadetree has restored countless of Hondas including many of these models. He and other members have lent their expertise to restorations by others, including me. Hopefully and with the atvhonda crewe, you’ll bring back both of these quads. Just be patient and don’t break anything! You may need three or four more donor machines!

spray every bolt and screw head with penetrating oil. Several times. Buy a bit driver and a few cross point bits—an old screwdriver will strip the screws heads.

make sure to use 6 point sockets on bolt heads. Get a 1/4” and 3/8” breaker bar to GRADUALLY detorque those old bolts. You’ll ruin your ratchet handles and some bolts using a ratchet handle to detorque.

only buy OEM parts.

Download the service manual from this site

Edited by Goober
  • Like 3

On 6/27/2021 at 7:13 PM, bcsman said:

Hey Ian glad you found us.  There are a number of 350D riders around here so not like nobody will know about them.  If @shadetree  shows up around here he has one and entirely tore it down and rebuilt.  He has also done a few others along with a ton of the older Hondas.  There shade did I earn my monthly dividend......lol

ummm..i did not see 20 bucks in paypal ?..sooo..no..you failed..lol.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Goober said:

Welcome! Shadetree has restored countless of Hondas including many of these models. He and other members have lent their expertise to restorations by others, including me. Hopefully and with the atvhonda crewe, you’ll bring back both of these quads. Just be patient and don’t break anything! You may need three or four more donor machines!

spray every bolt and screw head with penetrating oil. Several times. Buy a bit driver and a few cross point bits—an old screwdriver will strip the screws heads.

make sure to use 6 point sockets on bolt heads. Get a 1/4” and 3/8” breaker bar to GRADUALLY detorque those old bolts. You’ll ruin your ratchet handles and some bolts using a ratchet handle to detorque.

only buy OEM parts.

Download the service manual from this site

i can tell you right now, buying oem parts for these old girls is unheard of right now !. honda has done away with the oem c.d.i.'s even for my '89 trx350D !.

• Like 2