Orvis25

How I Installed the Cheap StreetRays 2" lift kit - TRX300FW

Hope this helps someone. 

I had issued getting the rear one installed, so I wanted to share my solution to that.
In addition, wanted to share how to keep the front above-engine mud splash guards in place (directions want you to remove them). 

I am somewhat skeptical on the durability of this kit, but i will use it until failure most likely so, I will update ya'll if anything happens. 

• Like 3

@Orvis25 i located my old thread about that lift kit i mentioned in your magnets and diffs, plus pics, I'll be sending you a PM soon, what i wanted was not a 2 inch lift, which is what i think this kit i have is, it had no instructions at all, but was cheep, ha! so i might have been burned on this deal, my main goal was to keep my oem shocks springs etc ... and add just an inch lift ( close to as stock as i can keep this bikes drive train height wise ) and bigger tires are not an option, what I'd like to have is a set of itp wheels like these, or what fish has, credit for this pic goes to @Z7What 

image.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

@Orvis25 i located my old thread about that lift kit i mentioned in your magnets and diffs, plus pics, I'll be sending you a PM soon, what i wanted was not a 2 inch lift, which is what i think this kit i have is, it had no instructions at all, but was cheep, ha! so i might have been burned on this deal, my main goal was to keep my oem shocks springs etc ... and add just an inch lift ( close to as stock as i can keep this bikes drive train height wise ) and bigger tires are not an option, what I'd like to have is a set of itp wheels like these, or what fish has, credit for this pic goes to @Z7What 

image.jpg

Well the 2" kit i got allows everything stock to be used. 
Follow my vid, and hopefully yours assembles the same. 

• Thanks 1

I have bought quite a few 2 inch lifts for 300s 2wd and 4wd over the years , there are quite a few different configurations out there , so watch what you order , shock bushings , angles of a-arms  and such make it where they don't all work on one another , with some kits you have to compress and pry the shocks into place -----  I find the best set up for the front end of the 4wd 300s are first generation 420 shocks , as far as length goes , they fit perfect , align up with the holes when the arms are  fully extended  --- made a couple of lift kits out of heavier wall square tubing 

something that I'd bet a lot of people don't do is , when you install the lift kit , you should jack the front up and loose all the a-arm bolt and let the spring load of the arm bushing hang down , after the kit is all installed lower the atv to the ground and let the weight on it , then tight up the a-arm bolts , I'd call it a preload of the rubber bushings inside the a-arms , hope my description makes sense 

• Like 1

thank you  that's what i want, but did you not have to reline the front tires ? i was told in the old thread i would need to, and  i do some pavement riding. here's the lift kit. it sure looks like the one you installed, but came with no instructions at all, if you would like to see the old thread let me know. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

5 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

thank you  that's what i want, but did you not have to reline the front tires ? i was told in the old thread i would need to, and  i do some pavement riding. here's the lift kit. it sure looks like the one you installed, but came with no instructions at all, if you would like to see the old thread let me know. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yes, youra looks identicle to mine with the exception of those huge washers. The video will explain how to install the kit. 

I did not re-anign my steering, but I need to anyway just due to age and OP lack of maintanance. 

Edited by Orvis25

one more question, i looked high and low for a kit where i wouldn't to take any of the oem parts off to make it work, that kit is the only one i could locate, but i didn't won't much lift at all, just a tad, say an inch, or inch an a 1/2 is there any other kit with less lift where one could leave all the oem parts on, or is this one the limit ? the bike has a great comfortable ride the way i have my tire pressure just right  just needs a tad more lift. 

7 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

one more question, i looked high and low for a kit where i wouldn't to take any of the oem parts off to make it work, that kit is the only one i could locate, but i didn't won't much lift at all, just a tad, say an inch, or inch an a 1/2 is there any other kit with less lift where one could leave all the oem parts on, or is this one the limit ? the bike has a great comfortable ride the way i have my tire pressure just right  just needs a tad more lift. 

I'd say anything under 2 inches would be a no go for a kit like this. 

You'd run into issues of the bolts not having enough clearance without drilling out or modifying the oem frame. 

It's a 2" kit like this to keep original parts, or you'd be doing shock mods tonget the height you desire. 

I highly reccomend watching the video, it will show you better than I can explain in words. 

Edited by Orvis25

okay thank you, yes i watched your video the same day you posted it, that's when i realize we both might have the same (or) close kits, very helpful video too, i had looked for the longest time to find out how this kit went on, but as i stated that bike was the only one i had, so there was no (very little) down time for it, she pulled the trailer i haul my fire off this place with, so i couldn't take a chance on her being down, lol! 

26 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

okay thank you, yes i watched your video the same day you posted it, that's when i realize we both might have the same (or) close kits, very helpful video too, i had looked for the longest time to find out how this kit went on, but as i stated that bike was the only one i had, so there was no (very little) down time for it, she pulled the trailer i haul my fire off this place with, so i couldn't take a chance on her being down, lol! 

Gl. The rear is a b_i__ch, hope the longer bolt reccomendation w/ washers helps, but the front is easy. 

• Thanks 1