NB Floyd

Foreman Oil Capacity

I am really impressed with this forum.  Especially after reading Bossdaddy’s shifting issues. 

Question:

Is 2.2 quarts the correct amount of oil to use for an oil and filter change on a 2004 Honda Foreman ES?

I have been using 15w rotella T synthetic blend.    

• Like 2

Yes I believe that’s true according to this clip from service manual.

here link to service manual 

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1GcqS65GYd3yFmEAGsI7LP-eZp2jMRVJU/1eqVb5JW5em4PBbDrgHsRbhFKH5rFr75l/1vG2Up48bgvpVgopy-jLg5p1AKUWQnypf/15eWwngQ5SdlsIfbgpm5ZJWJYBYx3vJ7s?usp=sharing&sort=13&direction=a

members here a great people and quite knowledgeable. We got diehard stockers, modders and mudders. Toss is some food, flags and fun you got a country song right there.

DF4C7B96-C2DE-40FD-9AEA-178A4D34DCFF.png

Edited by Goober
  • Like 2

Somewhat depends on how well you drained the oil.  I usually warm the engine, pull the drain plug and get most of the oil drained.  Then take the cover off and pull the filter, cleaning the area inside where the filter sits.  That area does spit oil for a little also after pulling the filter so also leave that for a few minutes.  By the time that is done the engine oil should be down to a drip but I leave it for another 10-15 minutes.  After the filter is installed, making sure it isn't backwards, and the oil plug is put back I will add 2 quarts of oil and check.  At that time you should need to add the other smaller amount.  So if you made sure the oil was drained completely it should take the 2.2 quarts, if in a hurry maybe not.  Best bet is checking after the 2 quarts and go from there, overfilling is never a good idea....

• Like 2

normally around 2 1/2 quarts is what it takes to fill it. pour 2 qrts in, lay the dip stick in the filler hole, DO NOT SCREW IT IN !. pull it back out, check the level.

• Like 1