Fishfiles

Retirement

I would like to pass along to you’ll my retirement from ATVHonda. As some of you may know I am still in the hospital from a mild stroke and don’t need any stress.  the deleting of the threads which some deemded polical. Made me come to the decide it is time to quit.  It is rough times the country is in and if you can’t talk about it that  than this is no place for me. Had a great time.  Happy trails. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I'm with you Fish,I'm gone too getting to Commie for me when censorship of speech is the rule.I have retired from other sites for that reason..Sorry to hear about your stroke brother time to  give the cigarettes up.Not easy but can be done.Will miss you here liked talking Politics with you and Wilson.

• Like 4

I hear you riverc , censorship ruins anything it touches. The country is so messed up right now. To not talk about makes the other side a winner 

• Like 2

Very much understand. Get well soon. Will you still be around the forum in a more casual way?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, 01RUBY500 said:

Very much understand. Get well soon. Will you still be around the forum in a more casual way?

No not perticipating no more.  Censorship has driven me off.  There will be no country left unless some one has the balls to say something 

• Like 3

Hate to see you go because I always enjoyed reading your posts and looking at the pictures that you posted.  I guess the bottom line is that your health comes first.  I didn't know any thing about your stroke and I hope you get back to 100% soon.

I agree with you about the shape our country is in and it's continually getting worse by the hour.  I also agree with most all and maybe even all of the things you have said. 

I hate cancel culture. 

• Like 2

i dont what to say, at the moment, sept i hate to hear what happened, hang in there take time, do what the doctors advise,  you have changed my way of thinking over the years,  and i will always respect that fact, when i was thinking of going you and Bcs talked me out of it, and i thank you both for that, but i also understand the stress, I'm not going to bother you about your choice too much because i understand you have much more important things to deal with, but i will say this, YOU will be missed, and Riverc, you WILL too, just a thought, take some time off ?? 

• Like 5

Hi Fish: Will miss you my friend -- Look after yourself 

thanks

Mel

• Like 2

Jeez Fish, I hope and pray for your speedy recovery.   You're on my list of people I want to meet and share a beer with.  Get yourself heathy so we can make that happen someday.

• Like 3

Ya fish very sorry to hear about your stroke. Couple years ago I had one myself. Came out of it 100% 

before u go, shoot me ur cell. Love to talk sometime, or if u want mine I can shoot that to u saw well! 

I totally respect ones decision. 

take care buddy. 

• Like 2

We had a long discussion when we started the board, even discussed having a "Political Forum" so things wouldn't get into the tech/general discussion boards, but ultimately decided that discussion politics tends to turn people against one another, and felt like it would be detrimental to the forum community to have members start hating each other over their political beliefs.

There are a few liberal members here.  It's funny that I got along fine with them, but once we stated political beliefs, a perception of a person becomes jaded a bit. It isn't right, but that's usually how it happens, and that's why we didn't want to bring politics onto this board.  We're here primarily to talk ATV's, and if a liberal shows up, am I not to help him because he's a liberal?  Would I like it were the situation reversed, and someone didn't want to help me because I'm a gun loving, tax hating, big government despising free market capitalist?

There are lots of things in this world that divide us as a people.  The idea of not bringing politics onto this board was a decision made to try to keep the members here from becoming divided. 

I say all of that as someone who has strayed into political posting a little more and a little more.  I'm as guilty of it as anyone here.  Honestly, our politics are part of who we are, so it is very difficult to NOT talk about it, but as my grandmother said "Don't talk politics or religion with people if you want to continue to get along with them."

Most of us here lean conservative.  I am dismayed at the direction our country is moving in now, but I also understand and have seen people who otherwise got along, end up hating one another over politics, so if I want to delve into those discussions, there are other boards that are better suited for that.  For the conservatives, hit up General Discussion on AR15.com.  For the commies...er, progressives, Democratic Underground. 

The way this was brought about was not handled well at all, so hopefully permanent damage has not been done to this board, but more importantly, to long-term friendships.

I think what we all need to be doing now is praying for Fish to recover quickly.  Like politics, religion is another thing that people tend to argue, and like politics, it's part of who we are as individuals.  I'm a Christian, and I'll be praying for Fish to recover quickly.  I hope all of you will pray to whomever you pray to, or if nothing else just close your eyes and hope hard that Don gets better quickly. 

Fish, you are an asset to this board and it won't be the same without you, so I sure hope you'll reconsider leaving us.  I hope you'll recover quickly, and once you're better, we can argue about what we can and can't post here, but right now you don't need to be arguing with anyone, you just need to be working on getting better. 

• Like 14

for my part in stirring the pot, apologies.

My thanks, one last time, to Fish for his great advice on keeping me healthy through the past year.

Plenty of forums to wax long on politics, etc...so I'm happy to stay on topic on ATVs here with this great group of guys.

now, if i can just make time to change that flat tire on the front of my '79 CT90 (grin)..got some ridin to do !!

• Like 4

I have pretty much stayed clear of the threads about politics, not that I don't have opinions.  It's a hard thing to do as everyone has opinions, they are like butts, everybody has one...lol  Hope you are getting your health back fish, good luck with doing everything the docs want you to do and not do.  Please keep us up to date on your recovery....  

• Like 8

Hi Fish

I have been away for a bit and was sorry to hear you were laid up when I checked in

Hope you feel better and are up and around soon, dont worry about all the nonsense stuff, it will sort itself out in the end

Get better soon and get back to doing what you like

Take care and hope to see you around

AKATV

• Like 3

I hope you get to feeling better fish.  I've enjoyed your posts here.  I hate to see you retire from the board.

• Like 2

Hey Fish; i've hat 2 major strokes, an 3 minor ones. you can beat this. early therapy is key. is a battle though, well worth fighting. i couldnt see a clock, newspaper, or tie my shoes for the first 4 months. i also didnt know, what my snap-on's were for.  last mini stroke i lost the ability to whistle. its coming back slowly.  just waiting for the day ya get better an beat this thing. prayers are with you. i been to the catholic church more than once. even rubbed some of the holy water, on my elbow to fix it.

sorry about talking about religion, i know its forbitten, just keep for a couple of days, till fish gets it, then you can erase my word.

• Like 6

Well thanks for all the good wishes !!  The Doctors are saying I am very lucky , came out  of it a 1 on a scale to  10 being the worst as far as severity goes , only problem I had so far was a lost of speak for 24 hours from  my blood pressure reaching 243 .  Something good did come out of all of this  , as if I would have continued smoking and not eating health I would have killed myself for sure --- the Lord works in mysterious ways , but wonder if I can say that ! 

'Ted , you better watch it taking religion !  The reason  I quit participating  in the forums has nothing to do with my health , I just don't want to be involve with unpatriotic atheist , who can't take the truth or a  joke 

• Like 6

good to see you back, and doing better. hey! thats a good enough reason for me to stop smoking, glad to see your better fish, hey! those habits can tuff to break, i should have never started back, cause i can sure tell it, 1st time i stopped was when i was in the hospital for that busted shoulder, and wheeler i didn't know you had a stroke too, i knew Ted had, this thread helps to remind us, you never know what can happen from one day to the next. 

• Like 2

I was never a heavy smoker, and I quit when my oldest kid was born.  I knew I needed to be around for kids, and we all know smoking is bad for you.  Since I didn't smoke a lot, wasn't that big of a deal for me to quit.  Only time I really craved them was when I was drinking, and that slowed down with a baby too.

Wife smoked like a freight train, and she quit and started back quite a few times.  She quit when she found out she was pregnant with the little one, and hasn't started back, although she still says she wants them all the time.

Stick with it Fish.  It sucks at first, but it gets easier with time!

• Like 3

It's easier if nobody else in the house smokes.  I never smoked, Mrs bcs does.  She quit many years ago and we went to a Halloween party, had a few drinks and she asked for a smoke and has kept it going since.  Don't know what it is with alcohol but sure gives you the urge...

• Like 2

Just got back from my first follow up doctor visit of many to come , and the neurologist told me I actually had a heart attack as well as a stroke  , said they could tell from the pulses of the EKG ,  said that there are two kinds of strokes , one comes fro the heart and travels to the brain and the other is in the brain ------ so I think they figured out I got good health care and are going to milk me dry , if I wouldn't have had good insurance they would have told me to take a Bayer baby aspirin and every thing would have been peachy-keen  LOL 

So the wife went with me and the doctor was saying , " I see you already had the EET test " , where the stick the camera down your throat and look at the under side your heart for clogs  , so I agreed with him whole heartedly  , and the wife starts  arguing with him that I never had that one yet , I  was wanting to smack her one  , I told her I am not taking you next time , the doctor got a big laugh out of that one 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Just got back from my first follow up doctor visit of many to come , and the neurologist told me I actually had a heart attack as well as a stroke  , said they could tell from the pulses of the EKG ,  said that there are two kinds of strokes , one comes fro the heart and travels to the brain and the other is in the brain ------ so I think they figured out I got good health care and are going to milk me dry , if I wouldn't have had good insurance they would have told me to take a Bayer baby aspirin and every thing would have been peachy-keen  LOL 

So the wife went with me and the doctor was saying , " I see you already had the EET test " , where the stick the camera down your throat and look at the under side your heart for clogs  , so I agreed with him whole heartedly  , and the wife starts  arguing with him that I never had that one yet , I  was wanting to smack her one  , I told her I am not taking you next time , the doctor got a big laugh out of that one 

never..EVER..take the side kick with you..all they will do is make is worse !..lol.

• Like 1