Fishfiles

Retirement

I assume you won't be working on any heavy equipment for awhile?  More time on your hands to mod the heck out of your Hondas....

• Like 2

yeah, i agree, after my father had his heart attack, his doctors advised him to go back to work, but take it easy, Dennis's doctor told him the same, my pop has a defect (hole) in his heart, which caused his stroke, later in years, is when he had the heart attack, he went back to work, (lite) gave up smoking cigs, and started smoking his pipe, Dennis never slowed up at all, but he did give up smoking, i called him a few days afterwards, and he was weed eating.....

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your stroke. Take care and thanks for all your time and work on the forum.

• Like 1

Glad you are doing better Fish! take it easy and follow the Doc's words. I smoked back in my parting days. I saw the only way to quit was to change my ways. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chevymec said:

Glad you are doing better Fish! take it easy and follow the Doc's words. I smoked back in my parting days. I saw the only way to quit was to change my ways. 

Thanks , Doing good on no smoking , it has been 9 days now , wearing a patch at the moment , feeling better already , wife is already counting up how much money is being saved from not smoking 

• Like 8

Not sure prices down there fish but here a carton of Marlboro gold packs is $75....congrats and keep up the good work...

• Like 3

On 7/11/2021 at 7:58 PM, bcsman said:

Not sure prices down there fish but here a carton of Marlboro gold packs is $75....congrats and keep up the good work...

i'm still smoking, though im supposed to quit. Berley 100s. take a puff, then put in out. cost 35 a carton. a pack last me three days most times.

least i drink a beer or so. once i start, its mostly so..

Edited by LedFTed
spacing

7 hours ago, LedFTed said:

i'm still smoking, though im supposed to quit. Berley 100s. take a puff, then put in out. cost 35 a carton. a pack last me three days most times.

least i drink a beer or so. once i start, its mostly so..

'Ted , I smoked from when I was 13 years old and I am 63 this month , I quit one time for about 3 years when I was 40 and started back up , wish I wouldn't have started back , likely would be in the situation I am now , I know today is like 13 days since quitting and amazing how much better I feel , just hope it wasn't too little too late 

• Like 8

My problem when quitting smoking is after an extended time I feel quitting was easy so I start back up again.  I smoke Richwood filtered cigars which are only about 12 bucks a carton.  

• Like 2

I recommend nobody starts chewing tobacco. I've been hooked for 43 years. Try to quit but get owly, tired and have trouble concentrating without it. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Supposedly after quitting your body will purge all that crap and damage done will heal for most people. 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317956#timeline

Stick with it man!  Bonus is you can buy all kinds of cool stuff with the money you're saving!

i believe this to be true! fish your already feeling better, so to a point this ^^^ has to be true, just stick with it, when i stopped, i went to chewing gum, lol, and mint dip,( not that wintergreen mess) pure mint, no tobbacco! but like everything good, it up and disappeared. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 3

I quit in 2002 I think. I was smoking a pack a day & more on weekends. My motivation was the doc told me I HAD TO as I had a heart issue. I did quit, & did end up having heart surgery Sept 29tg, 2005. Best thing health wise I ever did.. they have told me to quit drinking as well.. I struggle with that one. I myself had a mini stroke few years back.. had to do with the Warfarin I take the rest of my life.. I came outta that one ok, & try to regulate my INR levels a lot better so that I don’t have to get into that situation ever again. With all that being said fish, I can understand what u are going thru.. all I can say my friend is keep strong Mentally & dedicated to do so. U can do it!!!

• Like 4

Fish!!! holy crap I just saw this thread... Scary times my friend. Take it easy and I hope for a speedy recovery.

I respect whatever decision you follow through with in regards to forum participation (even though it looks like you're only "semi-retired").

Godspeed either way!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

where did you find this pic with me in it ?, dang..i forgot i was driving that day..too many cold ones i guess ?!..lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Wheeler said:

I quit in 2002 I think. I was smoking a pack a day & more on weekends. My motivation was the doc told me I HAD TO as I had a heart issue. I did quit, & did end up having heart surgery Sept 29tg, 2005. Best thing health wise I ever did.. they have told me to quit drinking as well.. I struggle with that one. I myself had a mini stroke few years back.. had to do with the Warfarin I take the rest of my life.. I came outta that one ok, & try to regulate my INR levels a lot better so that I don’t have to get into that situation ever again. With all that being said fish, I can understand what u are going thru.. all I can say my friend is keep strong Mentally & dedicated to do so. U can do it!!!

weren't  you also in a pretty bad bike accident ? that complecated things ? I'm kind of drawing a blank on what happened. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

Looks like one of my old rides. even with the driver me....

Edited by LedFTed
  • Haha 2

I'm convinced i should stop smoking now, but besides coffee that's my only vise, i started back when i was a teen, some may recall when you could get Marlboro lights 25 to a pack..... frankly, I'm tired of smoking, when i did stop a few years back, i could smell a cig being smoked from along ways off, and could stand the smell of smoke on people's cloths, I'm glad it's bann in some public places, but i don't smoke all the time, just when i have coffee, and soon, after a meal, when i was drinking, well that habit went hand and hand with drinking beer,  but smoking never took my breathing away (never got winded) my older sister is not so lucky. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 6:13 AM, Fishfiles said:

'Ted , I smoked from when I was 13 years old and I am 63 this month , I quit one time for about 3 years when I was 40 and started back up , wish I wouldn't have started back , likely would be in the situation I am now , I know today is like 13 days since quitting and amazing how much better I feel , just hope it wasn't too little too late 

August, i  get to 67, never did smoke that much, a pack last three day's or more.. Bud nights, are more, gotta have a cig, some with coffee, in the mornings, 2 or 3 cups amount to 1/3 a smoke. 1 cigarette., i most, never made over a pack a day. i dont think i'm addicted to the nicotine., but seeing the smoke. kinda like the smell, of black powder. i just know this, i wouldn't smoke, if i couldnt see.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

with your strokes, Ted, might not be a bad deal to give smoking and drinking up, you'd be amaised at how better you'd feel after not drinking for a while, but that's just my thinking ..... 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

weren't  you also in a pretty bad bike accident ? that complecated things ? I'm kind of drawing a blank on what happened. 

two , one on a ATC250es and the other on a Kawasaki 500 ----       complicated things , ?? 

no no, my bad fish, i was quoting wheeler.... but i also recall one of yours.... where they said you were gone for for about 5 minutes ? (i believe ?) might that be the same one when your jaws were wired up ?