Fishfiles

Retirement

13 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

no no, my bad fish, i was quoting wheeler.... but i also recall one of yours.... where they said you were gone for for about 5 minutes ? (i believe ?) might that be the same one when your jaws were wired up ? 

Oh , ok --  Seems quite a few of us had bad bike accidents 

Never did smoke, have my father to thank for that, explained that smoking would be very bad for my health and well being, if I was caught smoking it would not be the cigarettes that caused the health issues.  Now my father was not that smart of a man, as a youth I never heard him being able to count past 7.  

• Like 5

@_Wilson_™ yes I had a bad bike accident. 2 weeks in Trauma Unit.. my lungs aren’t the same since then if u ask me.. 1 was collapsed & punctured from my 5 broken ribs..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

@_Wilson_™ yes I had a bad bike accident. 2 weeks in Trauma Unit.. my lungs aren’t the same since then if u ask me.. 1 was collapsed & punctured from my 5 broken ribs..

I remember hearing that story , WOW !!! 

• Like 2

yep that's the one, for some odd reason thought there was more that happened health was, but glad it wasn't as bad as i was thinking, but sure sounds bad enough, you know something we all can relate to being bike / atv riders ? it's a wander we all haven't been hurt even worse!! but wheeler, i worry about you, you had that accident, then that tree ordeal, and then the painting mishap.... and im not sure what else..... lol, I'm sorry brother, i know it's not funny, but...... one things sure true, your one tough guy, and surely have more then nine lives :-) 

• Like 2

Wow Fish, I just got caught up on this thread! I'm very sad to hear about you're stroke but very happy it was a 1. I will miss you and your great humor and perspective on things. I understand all aspects of the political and religious subject. I am a conservative Christian and a conservative on politics. A friend of mine that had a bar said I shouldn't talk religion or politics in his bar forty years ago. LOL I rubbed me wrong at the time but as I grew older I see the wisdom. It is a proven fact that the things that are most important to us are also the most volatile. I personally wish you would reconsider your decision ......at least stay here as a contributor. I would like to confess to everyone that I took a long vacation from this forum because of the Covid subject. Frankly it was hyperbolic in some ways because many if not all of the extreme predictions just didn't happen. I got angry but came back. I would probably leave again if something similar happened again. Fish, again, I really like your contributions ect.......please stay, please. sniff sniff

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Misterclean said:

Wow Fish, I just got caught up on this thread! I'm very sad to hear about you're stroke but very happy it was a 1. I will miss you and your great humor and perspective on things. I understand all aspects of the political and religious subject. I am a conservative Christian and a conservative on politics. A friend of mine that had a bar said I shouldn't talk religion or politics in his bar forty years ago. LOL I rubbed me wrong at the time but as I grew older I see the wisdom. It is a proven fact that the things that are most important to us are also the most volatile. I personally wish you would reconsider your decision ......at least stay here as a contributor. I would like to confess to everyone that I took a long vacation from this forum because of the Covid subject. Frankly it was hyperbolic in some ways because many if not all of the extreme predictions just didn't happen. I got angry but came back. I would probably leave again if something similar happened again. Fish, again, I really like your contributions ect.......please stay, please. sniff sniff

he's not going anywhere..unless his wife has him arrested for breaking her trx300fw ?..lol. it's all good...offer him a 30 pack..bet he'll reconsider !..rofl,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, shadetree said:

he's not going anywhere..unless his wife has him arrested for breaking her trx300fw ?..lol. it's all good...offer him a 30 pack..bet he'll reconsider !..rofl,

I could hand deliver the 30 pack in about 5 hours.......hmmmmmm?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Misterclean said:

I could hand deliver the 30 pack in about 5 hours.......hmmmmmm?

Appreciate the thought ----  It has been right about 23 days  since I last had a beer , new record !!!   Going to wait till after all the test and procedures are over with before indulging !!!

• Like 8

On 7/16/2021 at 1:52 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

with your strokes, Ted, might not be a bad deal to give smoking and drinking up, you'd be amaised at how better you'd feel after not drinking for a while, but that's just my thinking ..... 

your right, an probable the same with smoking. the trainer that taught me to ride, said smoking takes away 10% of your energy,  when i was younger then. it takes away more than that. the toll, ads up;                                                                                                                                                                  

i'd have to say drinking takes away also.. ya feel it more when ya get older. i get hangovers, no headaches though. lack of energy is the culprit.. a vampire of sorts.., drinking is..🙂

• Like 1

well in the long run drinking kills your liver, and there is no living without a liver, and they don't give those to drinkers, anymore then a lung transplant for smokers.... just they way it is, AND, IMO it should be like this, after all, we choose to do those habits, so we should deal with the price of doing such, i don't expect the medical field to come to my rescue, then i would for an idiot to abuse drugs, and expect the medical field to come along and try to help them, unless they change there ways, that includes me, with smoking. 

• Like 3

I am getting by with the no smoking and drinking I could live without , but the bland , tasteless food is killing me , I told the wife yesterday , I think I am going to go back to eating regular food and let what ever happens happen , she not too happy with that 

• Like 3

i figured you would get tired of that bland food.... hang in there fish, i miss chewing tobacco, but i won't go back. 

• Like 1

Drinking a little (especially wine) is supposed to be good for you.

Now their idea of "a little" is different than mine, but nonetheless, a glass of wine every day is supposed to improve heart health. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Drinking a little (especially wine) is supposed to be good for you.

Now their idea of "a little" is different than mine, but nonetheless, a glass of wine every day is supposed to improve heart health. 

You think the wine will make the food taste any better , LOL 

The wife keeps trying to push Oat Meal on me , Cinnamon, Apple , etc , keeps saying it's good for you , I tell her , then you eat it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wife has been cooking some pretty good stuff lately.  Not diet food by any means, but better than the usual crap I eat.

If you play around with stuff you can eat healthy-er and still have good stuff.

For example, the black bean and rice stuff I make is good even if you use the "healthy" sausage in it., and other than the sausage, everything else in it is pretty healthy. 

Guess you're having to watch your sodium intake though, aren't you?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Wife has been cooking some pretty good stuff lately.  Not diet food by any means, but better than the usual crap I eat.

If you play around with stuff you can eat healthy-er and still have good stuff.

For example, the black bean and rice stuff I make is good even if you use the "healthy" sausage in it., and other than the sausage, everything else in it is pretty healthy. 

Guess you're having to watch your sodium intake though, aren't you?

Yes , sodium intake is primary    and then  butter , white bread , mayo , ham , sausage , cheese ,  diary products , grease , fat , all the good stuff ---- pretty much if it taste good , it's bad for you 

Wife has been trying hard , but man ,  it's been lacking taste 

Good grief fish you might as well become a vegan.....lol  I'm with you food doesn't have much taste without most of those ingredients...some people eat to live, I live to eat....

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bcsman said:

Good grief fish you might as well become a vegan.....lol  I'm with you food doesn't have much taste without most of those ingredients...some people eat to live, I live to eat....

I can't see me lasting long of  this AMA diet   !!!! 

white bread ? i would have never thunk it...... i reckon I'll be switching to whole wheat bread..... I've been eating my chicken, like grilled chicken tenders, with beans and rice, quiet abit of stir fry, with all kinds of veggies ..... only cooked with extra virgin olive oil, and for cold cuts chicken, or turkey .... no ham, no pork.... I'm going to miss that home made sausage Dennis makes, but i never ate much, just mainly Sunday mornings for breakfast .... thank you eep, i had for gotten about red whine...... i use Reese red whine cooking sauce, and as for oatmeal.... old fashion Quaker oats, and it bites.... lol so i docter it up with cinnamon, brown sugar, and fruit... but it still bites. lol! 

12 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

white bread ? i would have never thunk it...... i reckon I'll be switching to whole wheat bread..... I've been eating my chicken, like grilled chicken tenders, with beans and rice, quiet abit of stir fry, with all kinds of veggies ..... only cooked with extra virgin olive oil, and for cold cuts chicken, or turkey .... no ham, no pork.... I'm going to miss that home made sausage Dennis makes, but i never ate much, just mainly Sunday mornings for breakfast .... thank you eep, i had for gotten about red whine...... i use Reese red whine cooking sauce, and as for oatmeal.... old fashion Quaker oats, and it bites.... lol so i docter it up with cinnamon, brown sugar, and fruit... but it still bites. lol! 

Roman Meal bread is like chewing sand , feel like a goat eating it -----   the chicken has to be skinless and all the fat cut off and not fried in vegetable  oil ,  it's needs to be olive oil or canola oil , the rice needs to be brown rice , which bites 

oh yeah.... skinless chicken Brest, i don't like any kind of whole wheat bread, because your right it's a grainy texture, i kind of like the brown rice, i forget right off hand what type i have buts it's on the spicey side, mexican brown rice i think, with red beans, and some other good ingreedants ... i only use olive oil.... but i have both, i use canola oil when making cornbread, which.... i reckon with milk, and an egg, and sugar, isn't healthy. but it sure is good! 

• Like 1

I grill chicken for my sister's catering biz.  She cuts them into strips and puts them on salads.

Anyhow, it's olive oil, garlic, worstershire, and a few other odds and ends.  I'll get the recipe from her.  It's healthy and isn't bad for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

oh yeah.... skinless chicken Brest, i don't like any kind of whole wheat bread, because your right it's a grainy texture, i kind of like the brown rice, i forget right off hand what type i have buts it's on the spicey side, mexican brown rice i think, with red beans, and some other good ingreedants ... i only use olive oil.... but i have both, i use canola oil when making cornbread, which.... i reckon with milk, and an egg, and sugar, isn't healthy. but it sure is good! 

I have one kind of  brown rice and it was ok , then another kind  that was chewy ----neither  are as good as good old white rice 

I get one scrambled egg a day , dried out with  no cheese and grits with nothing on them with a piece of sand toast , yum  !!!