Fishfiles

Retirement

12 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I grill chicken for my sister's catering biz.  She cuts them into strips and puts them on salads.

Anyhow, it's olive oil, garlic, worstershire, and a few other odds and ends.  I'll get the recipe from her.  It's healthy and isn't bad for you.

Never thought of Worcestersire , I like that stuff 

add some fruit juice to the menu, like orange  juice, maybe grapefruit juice, low sudium v-8 juice etc ... if i recall, you drink quiet a bit of orange juice ? i gather you can't have coffee ? 

Edited by _Wilson_™

I am only suppose to have one cup of coffee per day , been having 2-3 per day ----  got some juices  going on and lots of fruits , watermelon is the best , then black berries and grapes 

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

You think the wine will make the food taste any better , LOL 

The wife keeps trying to push Oat Meal on me , Cinnamon, Apple , etc , keeps saying it's good for you , I tell her , then you eat it 

if ya get oats steel-cut is the best, followed by Quaker old fashioned oats. cinnamon lowers the blood pressure, i use pumpkin spice instead.  honey is a natural sugar. i like garlic powder on my over easy eggs, instead of so much salt. i think lard is better for us then any refined soy oil, Crisco in a can or bottle. since i got a sodium deficiency, salt is not a problem for me. i dont like to much salt. i used to drink sodas, all the time, thing i started only drinking them with ice, over time i would add water first with the ice,, then slowly increase it. now they are way to sweet to drink straight, mixers are ok. sorta.

• Like 2

low sodium Wilson's marinade isn't bad, and low sodium Johnny fleemons... both taste good, on chicken stir fry, at least to me they do.

• Like 1

Watermelon juice i think is a diuretic; it might help reduce edema. I am not a medical person and am unsure about that but hope it works for you

25 minutes ago, CamKnouff said:

Is low sodium soy sauce like dry water?

It is!

26 minutes ago, Goober said:

Watermelon juice i think is a diuretic; it might help reduce edema. I am not a medical person and am unsure about that but hope it works for you

Dudes , you'll hitting me with all these new  words , LOL 

diuretic
[ˌdīyəˈredik]

ADJECTIVE
  1. (chiefly of drugs) causing increased passing of urine.

edema
    [əˈdēmə]

NOUN
    1. a condition characterized by an excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body.Also called dropsy.

I know more than the doctor nows !!! 
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

It is!

Hmmmm !! 

Dry water was first patented in 1968 and was immediately snatched up by cosmetic companies as it appeared to have potential applications in the cosmetics field.[2] It was rediscovered in 2006 by the University of Hull, UK, and has since been evaluated and studied for its potential use in other fields.[2] The dry water itself is easy enough to manufacture. The hydrophobic silica nanoparticles and water are blended together using a motor with a stirring rod and impeller that spins at 19,000 rpm for 90 seconds, which coats the water droplets completely.[3]

Applications[edit]

Certain gases, when mixed with dry water, combine with the water, which then traps them in a solid clathrate hydrate cage. This presents the possibility that explosive gases could be easily transported with a reduced risk of accidental detonation.[3] Dry water is currently being considered for use as a carbon sequestration agent to capture and seal away greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.[4] Scientists consider that dry water will prove useful in the future to help fight global warming as it was found that it could store as much as three times more carbon dioxide than ordinary water over a similar length of time.[3] Dry water also has applications for the transportation and storage of many dangerous materials. It can be used as a medium for volatile compounds, as materials stored within the dry water can be reduced to powder and stabilized – reducing not only the volatility of the substance, but also its weight for transport.[5] It has also been theorized that dry water could have potential uses in the construction of fuel cells for automobiles due to its ability to store and stabilize very large amounts of volatile gases and materials without permanently binding them.[5] Due to its nature, dry water is classified as an adsorbent material. It has many potential uses in fields where emulsions are required or used.[5] Recent studies have also found dry water to help jumpstart reactions or to work as a catalyst.[6]

Have you heard of the man who couldn’t get a job because he had dropsy and heart trouble?

He would drop down on his ! and didn’t have the heart to get back up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

Watch Tom and Jerry all the time with the little one.  Still on Boomerang all the time.

They've gotten rid of a lot of them over the years, so the same ones are on over and over again.

Still lots of Looney Tunes on there too.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

nope nope nope, not going to type a word.... but I'm looking west to Arkansas ...

• Haha 2

Dinner last night wasn't too bad , wife did a pot roast in the oven inside a dutch oven pot , stuck some garlic toes in it , onions , celery and potatoes , the recipe she was working off of , said to take the pot out the oven and let the meat soak up the natural gravy , which it did a good job doing , got some of the dash seasonings flavors , no salt , but a least there is some taste 

Tonight she says we going to have chicken Pincatta  , what ever that is , have to let you know later on 

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

nope nope nope, not going to type a word.... but I'm looking west to Arkansas ...

rofl. when i first seen this ?, i thought..oh crap..fish got into my carport !!..lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

sounds like she may have plans for a baked chicken broccoli cassarol, with rice, and some sorta sauce ? 

chicken piccata

a0itVfQoSb+%cezcWr4nPQ.jpg

ah pasta instead of rice gotcha..... sounds good! almost sounds close to a chicken pot pie .... have you ever had that ? baked chicken potatoes carrots, with a sauce, and a crust ontop... I've never made one myself..... 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, shadetree said:

rofl. when i first seen this ?, i thought..oh crap..fish got into my carport !!..lol.

shade..... think.... whos father want let his son use certain items, and has no telling what stashed away... lol.... i think he's just a tad north of you.... I'm sure ill pay for this later on.... but i get a kick out of him talking about his father..... 

Retirement is hard  work , the lady and daughter where we have been taking the dog to be groomed for 10 years now ,  is always got something going on , her or her daughter is sick , they got to go some where,  got in a wreck , car broke , raining to much and always have an excuse why they can't groom the dog , so we went to another groomer in Slidell that a friend uses , when we dropped her off  , the wife said that places sticks , so when we picked her up , the dog stank like dog  so bad , that I had to give her a bath 3 times in the outside sink  , before she got to go in the house ,  then  take off my clothes and throw them into the washer and take a shower  , as she sat on my lap on the way home  , she wont be going back there 

d%TehAd8S8SCtuCtSj9p1g.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

ah pasta instead of rice gotcha..... sounds good! almost sounds close to a chicken pot pie .... have you ever had that ? baked chicken potatoes carrots, with a sauce, and a crust ontop... I've never made one myself..... 

No , never had a chicken pot pie , will forward that info on ---  had Sheppard Pie and crayfish pie 

it was pretty good , whole grain pasta , chicken breast , zucchini , mushrooms , lemon juice , etc ---  I got to like it , or might not get nothing tomorrow , LOL  really was too bad