Fishfiles

Retirement

Hey Fish, what are your plans for the hurricane. We have  some friends that live around lake Ponchetrain (spelling?) and they left at 5am this morning for Conroe. We may host them a few days.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Misterclean said:

Hey Fish, what are your plans for the hurricane. We have  some friends that live around lake Ponchetrain (spelling?) and they left at 5am this morning for Conroe. We may host them a few days.

The spelling is Ponchartrain , cool  , you got to tell me where your guest are  from , it is a very big Lake 24 miles wide and about 40 miles long , think it is the second biggest Lake in the World  , I am on the North Shore , Bayou Lacombe ----------------  we are  hunkering down for the hurricane , it is  12.5 ft to the concrete slab and 3 miles inland , they got hitting the coast as a Cat 4 with 140 winds , we might luck out as we might get the edge , if so they have  us getting  10-15 inches of rain , 4-7 foot tide surge and winds 80 - 100 mph  -------    we just got back from getting supplies , cooking up some stir fried chicken breast and veggies as we speak -----  I seen Houston is a green light to evacuate to , last I seen it was heading to Baton Rouge 

• Like 2

Fish, they live on the south shore........can't remember the name of the small town. I just saw on the weather that it shifted to the east which increased your surge about one foot

Hang tight bro.

• Like 2

They saying it is a Cat 5 now at 157MPH winds with gust to 185mph ,  930MB , most powerful  hurricane to every hit Louisiana 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Prayers sent your way fish and to all in the path of this very potent storm....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

They saying it is a Cat 5 now at 157MPH winds with gust to 185mph ,  930MB , most powerful  hurricane to every hit Louisiana 

Cat 5!!!!!!. I'm at church right now so I missed that info. Your storm surge may be 10 feet now?

• Like 1

Cell phone mobile service went out , can still text a bit  -----   electricity went out at 4:45 this morning ,  curfew went into effect at 12:00 noon till ???  not a clue when  ---- at least it is cool , 75 degrees in the house with no a/c and  celling fans going ---- we just had some grilled hamburgers for lunch on the pit  and the beer is on ice , about to hit a couple of them up  ----- the center of the eye is almost at landfall , that is when the officially call land fall , middle of the eye Port Fouchon 

This isn't on the news yet ,  Shell Mars a deep water production platform in the Gulf,  broke loose from it's moorings and is taking on water in 60 foot seas and 185 mph winds 

• Sad 1

Buddy working in the oil field , he just texted me that several ships have drop off AIS in the Grand Isle /Fouchon area , AIS is Marine tracking global ship intelligence , apparently they sunk  

Today is the day Katrina hit like 16 years ago and 1,800 people lost their life's 

18 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Ida has two eye walls , outer eye wall and an inner eye wall 

fullsizeoutput_f04.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_f06.jpeg

Two eye walls? The only other time that happened was in the late 80's! Hit the unpopulated area in South Texas. About 180 mph winds if memory serves me right. 

• Like 1

How are things this morning? If the roads allow travel in your area I can bring you some supplies. Do you need help? I have barrels of gas, chain saws, generator, supplies are plentiful here. Also the owner of Gallery Furniture here in Houston is loading trucks right now to deliver to your area. Supposedly you just ask them and they will help. Call Gallery Furniture I guess and take it from there. Fish,  I'm just six hours away?  Me and my 16 foot flat bed can be headed your way....just ask.

• Like 5

What a fine group of people on this site. I wasn't a honda fan when I bought my Foreman, I bought it because it was cheap and honda has a decent reputation. But the Honda community is unreal. Hey Fish, I hope you are doing well. 

• Like 3

yep....we come for information on hondas, we return cause we love to talk about our toys, we stay cause we enjoy the feeling of friends n family...thanks All

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I got a new hobby / passion , well it really is an old hobby rekindled  ------    cleaning up after  hurricanes , actually kind of experienced on  that  ,  not my first rodeo  , in fact getting to be a hand  at it , LOL 

• Like 6

Preventive tree felling a few days ago.  This Pignut Hickory started producing a fungus at the root flair and the leaves showing stress.  Either drop it where I wanted to let Mother Nature drop it where she wanted.   About a one in four chance of it hitting the house are odds I didn't like.

Got it all cleaned up that day.

20210904_092607.jpg

• Like 5