Fishfiles

Retirement

oh there's a blue million ways to fix it... i forgot some call for sweet peas..... baked pulled chicken.... etc etc... she turn all the screws on that dish she wishes to... lol.... some even use home made biscuits as crust... even pie crust. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Dinner last night wasn't too bad , wife did a pot roast in the oven inside a dutch oven pot , stuck some garlic toes in it , onions , celery and potatoes , the recipe she was working off of , said to take the pot out the oven and let the meat soak up the natural gravy , which it did a good job doing , got some of the dash seasonings flavors , no salt , but a least there is some taste 

Tonight she says we going to have chicken Pincatta  , what ever that is , have to let you know later on 

Chicken Piccata is one of my favorites 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

No , never had a chicken pot pie , will forward that info on ---  had Sheppard Pie and crayfish pie 

it was pretty good , whole grain pasta , chicken breast , zucchini , mushrooms , lemon juice , etc ---  I got to like it , or might not get nothing tomorrow , LOL  really was too bad  

It’s better with capers and butter, but kinda throws healthy WAY out the window made that way. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shadetree said:

rofl. when i first seen this ?, i thought..oh crap..fish got into my carport !!..lol.

Remember what my shop looked like?

Dad is 100x’s worse......

• Haha 2

jeep.....  you figured who i was talking about ? but it was fishes fault for posting the pic..... i just couldn't pass it up ......i think it was a setup.. lol! he's been known to do that before, and now he has more time on his hands.... sigh..

• Like 1

I took control of lunch and dinner yesterday , boneless , skinless chicken breast and thighs , on a baking pan , garlic powder , chili powder , Dash seasoning , black pepper and Chaoula Sauce , olive oil infused with garlic , little bit of lime juice , baked it for an hour on 350 ( I like it well done , so does the wife ) flipped them once , for lunch it was the thighs with baked sweet potato and dinner was breast with baked Bush low fat beans and a salad , might be the best things I ate since the diet change ----  I cheated and used Ketchup on the chicken , not sure how that plays out 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

sounds good,  the sodium in the ketchup,  i reckon is what your talking about ? 

yep , Ketchup has sodium 

This thread had convicted me to lower my sodium intake. Reading online about salt substitutes I learned tha MSG has an incorrect bias that we have been taught for decades. I learned that a small percentage of people really have an allergy to it. If one uses it wisely there is almost no chance of any health concerns. The article went on to say that it is wise to eat carbs or protein at the same time to be safe. I'm doing this now.......Just started about a week ago. 

• Like 3

I've swopped over to chicken.... like fish has.... no fried foods, only baked / air cooked and much more greens, and fruits, orange juice, and > super beets mix < no coffee , no salt that i can help,  i just need to toss the cigs... which isn't going to be simple, but a pack last me about 3 or 4 days, I've started chewing gum .....which helps, but the urge to dip and, or chew tobacco .... is still there.

• Like 1

Just went to the grocery and got some sirloin steak which he had to cut , wife going to do stir fry tomorrow night , and my boy the butcher hooked me up with some ribeye mark downs , two ribeyes for $5.27 for 1.3 pounds , he didn't know I was on a diet and seasoned them up , but I told him that was OK , I'd wash them off for that deal ---   sirloin  was no deal $15 for 1.5 pounds 

fullsizeoutput_ecb.jpeg

• Like 2

i think they use sodium as a preservative,or a flavor inchancer.. either way its in near every product. sodium is a metal. the body needs a little, not what is packaged. sodium-chloride is salt, not sodium..  then ya come into refined products, they are supposedly not good for ya, an white flour is bleached. another no no. kinda depressing, aint it..

just the spear tip.. more exists...

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

i don't see any honda atv's parked anywhere ??..rofl.

10 minutes ago, shadetree said:

i don't see any honda atv's parked anywhere ??..rofl.

They parked in the barn !!!! 

• Haha 1

i like grape fruits myself, i wander what I've been missing lol! used to eat half of one with old fashion Quaker oats every morning (or mixed fruits) ... and the the grape fruit / orange juice was the best part..... oats s--k! and  i flat more dont like pineapple unless it's in that trail mix kit, but i have read grape friut can have effects (bad and good) on certain medications, whether this is true or not i couldn't say. 

• Like 1

This stuff is about the best cereal that is healthy for  you , that I have come across yet ,  a teaspoon of sugar helps , LOL 

fullsizeoutput_ed3.jpeg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

save that one for Ted, he speeks of squirrels .... so he could kill two birds with one stone :D I'm just messing with you, Ted. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

This stuff is about the best cereal that is healthy for  you , that I have come across yet ,  a teaspoon of sugar helps , LOL 

fullsizeoutput_ed3.jpeg

oh with some fruit, banana slices for one, raisins also, maybe even some strawberries, you could sure turn the screws on that cereal. 

On 7/25/2021 at 10:05 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

I've swopped over to chicken.... like fish has.... no fried foods, only baked / air cooked and much more greens, and fruits, orange juice, and > super beets mix < no coffee , no salt that i can help,  i just need to toss the cigs... which isn't going to be simple, but a pack last me about 3 or 4 days, I've started chewing gum .....which helps, but the urge to dip and, or chew tobacco .... is still there.

the gum or lozenges, leave a scratchy feeling in my throat, gotta cough all the time, plus it  has an ashtray taste/smell. the 14mG patches, dont stop no cravings.

Gonna be hard to stop this habit... i been thinking about getting hypnotized. 😀

10 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

been thinking about getting hypnotized.

ive heard that works...... my older sister said she was, (i dont know if she did or not)  and was able to stop for a while, but she always loved to smoke, so that may have played a part in why it didnt work.