my5sons

Coolant into crankcase

On my 2007 Suzuki King Quad, I think I found where coolant is leaking into my crankcase.  At first I thought it was the water pump seals, I replaced the water pump and then I put water in my radiator and it immediately began leaking out of the oil drain. I've run oil through 6x now trying to get all the water out, but the ATV sat (I am not sure how long) and some of the gears are showing rust.  Can I spray shop air and then follow it up with PB Blaster before closing it up and doing another couple of oil changes? 

stator_cover.jpg

Stator cover 2.jpg

water_gasket_broken.jpg

Edited by my5sons

So here is the water pump, and the short water passage into the block, as you can see, the coolant, when poured directly into the water pump, should not be able to flow into the crankcase, but it does...

water pump.jpg

water passage.jpg

2 minutes ago, my5sons said:

Thanks man, I'll let you know when I get the new gasket on...

ok :-).

I always use brake parts cleaner on motor internals. Gears and case halves and things. It will evaporate 100%. And if i plan to let any of it sit i will hit it with a light coat of wd40 to keep the surface rust monster away. Always works good for me.

• Like 2

I'm still waiting on parts! 😞 I ordered the gaskets and when I got ready to put the magneto side cover back on, I tried removing the locator pin to get it cleaned up and ended up mauling it.  Those pins fit nearly every Suzuki Quad all the way back to the 90s I believe, but nobody in Denver Metro had them in stock!  They told me another 10 days! 

Edited by my5sons
  • Like 1

Today is the 28th and still no phone call about parts.  Hopefully I'll be able to button her up this weekend! 

I picked up the parts yesterday, got her all buttoned up and ready to go and well... shadetree was right... head gasket.  😞   I never knew it could leak like this bad, you pour water in the radiator and it comes right back out....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, my5sons said:

I picked up the parts yesterday, got her all buttoned up and ready to go and well... shadetree was right... head gasket.  😞   I never knew it could leak like this bad, you pour water in the radiator and it comes right back out....

sometimes it pay's to listen to me...lol. thanks for the update !.

• Haha 1