1 hour ago, shadetree said:

that barrel boy doesn't even own a shop that i know of ?, and he's never working on anything, why in the world is he worried about our messy shops ???..ROFL. i've been in yer shop, looks just like catfishes...NO PLACE TO STEP WITHOUT BREAKING A LEG !..

I judge from afar, and frequently.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, WonderMonkey said:

I judge from afar, and frequently.

My shop has its own security. If you step in the wrong place you’re likely to get buried in junk

• Like 1

Just now, jeepwm69 said:

My shop has its own security. If you step in the wrong place you’re likely to get buried in junk

what...a motor might fall on him ?..rofl.

Motor, old radiator (both the old cast iron OR a Jeep radiator), 1985 John Deere mower bagging attachment, outboards, etc etc.

It’s like a box of chocolates......

Just now, jeepwm69 said:

Motor, old radiator (both the old cast iron OR a Jeep radiator), 1985 John Deere mower bagging attachment, outboards, etc etc.

It’s like a box of chocolates......

rofl..yep..no need for a security system or dog..not when you got a loaded shop !..rofl.

Them 450 head lights  looked exactly like a 300 to me , so I looked to the interchange and they don't show the same part number as a 300 but do show the same part number as a 200 , 250 , 400 and 450  , I think they are the same light assembly as a 300 , the 450 headlight does  take the same bulb as a 300  

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Them 450 head lights  looked exactly like a 300 to me , so I looked to the interchange and they don't show the same part number as a 300 but do show the same part number as a 200 , 250 , 400 and 450  , I think they are the same light assembly as a 300 , the 450 headlight does  take the same bulb as a 300  

300 headlights are all metal, 400,450 headlights are plastic. only sub-headlight that comes close to either of these 400 and 450 are the trx350 ranchers, which they too are plastic, but !!. where the bulb goes in, they twist in to attach the harness, where is on the 400 and 450 ( spec the later yr 450 ) the bulbs screw into the housing instead of twist in.

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

300 headlights are all metal, 400,450 headlights are plastic. only sub-headlight that comes close to either of these 400 and 450 are the trx350 ranchers, which they too are plastic, but !!. where the bulb goes in, they twist in to attach the harness, where is on the 400 and 450 ( spec the later yr 450 ) the bulbs screw into the housing instead of twist in.

It doesn't do you any good , the first gen 450s is what I was talking about , they are metal frame and glass 

JmC3XwZqRWmtlWzGBrIhrg.jpg

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

So metal or plastic, the real question is, are they interchangeable? 

no, they wont. the buckets attach different on the later model 450's, from '98 to 2001, the buckets attach to the front fender with 10mm bolts. from 2002 to 2004 the buckets attach to the front fender with 4 screws that have tabs that hang down off the underside of the fender. all headlights for the trx300fw's will swap out to every model for them, but they will not work with direct fit for the trx450's. some one drilled and bolted those trx300fw headlights, and attached them to trx450fm/es plastic buckets, i'll bank on this !.

• Like 1

update: just got back from my local honda dealership, bought a brand new honda battery for this 1991 trx300fw, will get it installed, and get the carb back in, then i will post this atv on cl's, show room floor at my local dealership do not have one atv on it !!!, hunting season is here, pretty sure it will sell very fast. gonna start the bidding @ $ 2,895.00.  may not get it ?, but it leaves me room to get my cash back to cover the brand new c.d.i. , new engine oil, and now a new honda battery, rest goes back to catfish ( this is his atv, not mine ). i'll post some final pic's soon !.

• Like 2

Yeah my father in law keeps making noises about getting some kind of "made in Taiwan" SxS that the local Western Auto has in stock.

I told him to buy a Honda or a Yamaha.  None on the floor.  Told him to put a down payment on one and wait.  He said ok.

Then he says "So you don't think those at Western Auto will be any good"

NO! 

Can lead a horse to water.......

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Yeah my father in law keeps making noises about getting some kind of "made in Taiwan" SxS that the local Western Auto has in stock.

I told him to buy a Honda or a Yamaha.  None on the floor.  Told him to put a down payment on one and wait.  He said ok.

Then he says "So you don't think those at Western Auto will be any good"

NO! 

Can lead a horse to water.......

let him find out the hard way !..rofl. just think how hard it will be to get parts for that junk ?, we can't even get parts for modern atvs today !. lol.

11 minutes ago, shadetree said:

let him find out the hard way !..rofl. just think how hard it will be to get parts for that junk ?, we can't even get parts for modern atvs today !. lol.

No, cause then when it breaks he's gonna want me to fix it, and his daughter (my wife) will have the same expectation.

He's bound and determined to find one on the lot to buy, and there's nothing good left on the lots!

33 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

No, cause then when it breaks he's gonna want me to fix it, and his daughter (my wife) will have the same expectation.

He's bound and determined to find one on the lot to buy, and there's nothing good left on the lots!

you are 100% correct !. my dealer's floor is EMPTY !!.

final update: not doing anything else to this, want to buy it ?, contact me, we'll work on a price that suits me..lol. i'm listing it at $ 2,895.00 cash, anyone from the forums here can get it cheaper.

IMG_1744.JPG

IMG_1745.JPG

IMG_1747.JPG

IMG_1746.JPG

IMG_1748.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, shadetree said:

you are 100% correct !. my dealer's floor is EMPTY !!.

Well the father in law just sent me a pic of a Can Am Defender he just bought.  2019.  Got it used at Honda of Forrest City.

Hope it will hold up.  At least it wasn't a China/Taiwan special.

300 looks great (as they always do when you build them). 

But I thought this one you were building for your neighbor?   He not getting it now?

• Like 2

Nice job!!

Looks a ! sight better than the pictures you posted on July 12th.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Well the father in law just sent me a pic of a Can Am Defender he just bought.  2019.  Got it used at Honda of Forrest City.

Hope it will hold up.  At least it wasn't a China/Taiwan special.

300 looks great (as they always do when you build them). 

But I thought this one you were building for your neighbor?   He not getting it now?

he would not bring me a battery ?, i told him by monday, or else it was going on cl's..sure enough, he never showed up with it..i dont  have time for talkers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 87Iroc said:

Looks good Shade

THANKS !. got one interested local buyer that '' claims '' he's interested in buying it ?, we'll see if he pans out ?, just listed it on cl's yesterday morning, already have interest in it in less than one day ?, haha, i know deer season is here in arkansas, and the show room floors at dealers are empty !, hopefully i get this sold, and make another person happy with my work :-).

• Like 4

Definitely a seller's market at the moment, and we all know your stuff is built to last. 

• Like 2

update: have a guy coming to look at this project build, i'll update this post on how it goes later on ?!.

7 hours ago, bcsman said:

Here's hoping for success......

500 down, wants the 450, and one of the 350's !..lol. will be back tomorrow or tuesday to pick up the 300fw.

• Like 2