Jaredmacneill

Hi I’m Jared

12 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Say it isn't so !!!!   Lifted  !!!!  WOW !!! ---   LOL 

i wouldn't know how to lift it ! but yeah say it aint so

2 minutes ago, Jaredmacneill said:

i wouldn't know how to lift it ! but yeah say it aint so

You don't see too many lifted 350A or Ds , in fact I can only think of one , Bill Byrd -------   heard Shade was working on lifting  his 350D 6 inches , guess don't believe everything you hear !!!! LOL 

i can't really tell.... could be lifted, but those (some) have adjustable shocks, at least mine does, (they all might be adjustable ? )  do you still have the oem tool kit ? 

@shadetree are all the oem shocks adjustable ? 

Jared, a little late but welcome, glad you found chat already, good job....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bcsman said:

Jared, a little late but welcome, glad you found chat already, good job....

I like the chat . I left Facebook due to mental health issues so my social life is fairly well nonexistent 😂. And I get bored sitting at home waiting for the atv to be home , my parents live on a big farm so I have it out there and I can go for a 2-3 drive just on the service trails windmill paths . They also have a pilot program where you can use them on low traffic roads and that’s great because we’re 15-20 minutes from the nearest town . A two minute drive leads you to a good old dirt road then there’s about 30 minutes stretch that you are lucky to see a single car . 

• Like 1

Thats super @Jaredmacneill, I also live in rural areas and can just head out on the dirt side roads with no problems.  Don't be shy coming back to chat, some are usually there most evenings....

3 minutes ago, bcsman said:

Thats super @Jaredmacneill, I also live in rural areas and can just head out on the dirt side roads with no problems.  Don't be shy coming back to chat, some are usually there most evenings....

I probably will join tomorrow. My life here is pretty dull. There’s only a handful I visited and ones never home , another is moving to another town , my uncle and wife are in their summer home and well the last one they are always screaming at each other and my folks are gone visiting family in Nova Scotia. Well dad’s here still but he’s busy farming and doesn’t like to take vacation. He’s normally to he has to take it and ends up working on the farm for his uncle because he can’t stay still

• Like 1

We will try to take away some of your dullness @Jaredmacneill.  Pretty steady here on the forum and chat so visit often....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i can't really tell.... could be lifted, but those (some) have adjustable shocks, at least mine does, (they all might be adjustable ? )  do you still have the oem tool kit ? 

@shadetree are all the oem shocks adjustable ? 

the rear shocks are..or were ?, front shocks are not.

yep, i know mine are.... (the small wrench at the top in this pic) in the oem kit is used to adjust them, and no, the front shocks are not..... 

image.jpg

• Like 1

I couldn’t see your left side case very well but if yours is also an early 86 engine—then your starter should fit on this replacement.

also your blown up engine can be a parts donor. Keep all the parts it’s not junk.

like Shadetree said you can’t buy this stuff anymore 

Edited by Goober
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Goober said:

I couldn’t see your left side case very well but if yours is also an early 86 engine—then your starter should fit on this replacement.

also your blown up engine can be a parts donor. Keep all the parts it’s not junk.

like Shadetree said you can’t buy this stuff anymore 

Yeah I was thinking it would be good for parts . And I decided to leave the engine detail to Rodney who’s working on the Honda . He’s going to check it out and what not

• Like 1

Very good. Knowing how far to go as a DIY is important. Glad u came over to this site.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Goober said:

Very good. Knowing how far to go as a DIY is important. Glad u came over to this site.

it be too easy to buy something thinking its a good thing and end up being junk

46 minutes ago, Jaredmacneill said:

it be too easy to buy something thinking its a good thing and end up being junk

haha. just remember, one man's junk..is another man's treasure '' !. as long as you got parts ?, these old girls can be rebuilt !. its just getting the parts , is what makes these atvs so hard to work on, this is why i love working on them, but dread trying to locate parts..lol.

• Like 1

I tried the engine to see what the compression was like and wow . I really have to put my weight into kicking the engine over.

there’s a cable-actuated and synchronized compression release on this engine 

if cable not hooked up you might experience difficulties kicking it over

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jaredmacneill said:

I tried the engine to see what the compression was like and wow . I really have to put my weight into kicking the engine over.

lol, yeah..these models have a ton of compression, nothing like a trx300fw has.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Goober said:

there’s a cable-actuated and synchronized compression release on this engine 

if cable not hooked up you might experience difficulties kicking it over

My other one you could legit push with your hand on the kick start . So there’s definitely a difference 

7 minutes ago, shadetree said:

Yeah it’s a big difference from the one on my bike

11 minutes ago, shadetree said:

i can’t kick mine over at ALL unless the decompression lever engaged.. just saying.. haha

• Like 1

sounds like maybe it's out adjustment or not hooked up, there's a lever on the top right hand side of the head that should move when you use the kicker. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheeler said:

i can’t kick mine over at ALL unless the decompression lever engaged.. just saying.. haha

don't get me wrong ?..some trx300's have a lot of compression !.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

sounds like maybe it's out adjustment or not hooked up, there's a lever on the top right hand side of the head that should move when you use the kicker. 

if the cable is out of adjustment ?, or not on it ?, the lever wont move.

• Like 1