Jaredmacneill

Hi I’m Jared

1 hour ago, Wheeler said:

i can’t kick mine over at ALL unless the decompression lever engaged.. just saying.. haha

Let me share a little secret with you , if your out in the woods with your 300 and the battery goes low and won't turn the engine over , some times instead of kicking it ,  you engage the decompression lever and hit the start button and if your bike starts easily ,  the little bit of battery voltage will turn the engine over it will fire right up , you only get a quick try at it , then have to engage the lever again 

• Like 4

I've used that trick myself ^^^^ had to when my battery went low, and my back was out, i couldn't kick start it at all.... 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 3

Yup me too! I’ve done that before. Last fall while out hunting & battery was half dead!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Let me share a little secret with you , if your out in the woods with your 300 and the battery goes low and won't turn the engine over , some times instead of kicking it ,  you engage the decompression lever and hit the start button and if your bike starts easily ,  the little bit of battery voltage will turn the engine over it will fire right up , you only get a quick try at it , then have to engage the lever again 

Cool

• Like 1

not sure if that will work on your bike.... with a 300 you reach down and flip that little lever up, on yours the kick starter cable linkage engages the decomp lever when you go to kick it over. 

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

not sure if that will work on your bike.... with a 300 you reach down and flip that little lever up, on yours the kick starter cable linkage engages the decomp lever when you go to kick it over. 

No the engine and my bike are both 350 350cc 

Edited by Jaredmacneill

yes bro, i know yours it's a 350....by the pics and details in the post ... i have one myself. it should be listed in my sig. 86 trx350 fourtrax, in other words .... i have never tried that low battery start decomp trick on a 350 MINE, so i don't know if it would work on any of them, but it will work on a 300, i know because i have two 300 fwd bikes, your decompression assist is kick starter operated, a 300 is not. 

24 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

yes bro, i know yours it's a 350....by the pics and details in the post ... i have one myself. it should be listed in my sig. 86 trx350 fourtrax, in other words .... i have never tried that low battery start decomp trick on a 350 MINE, so i don't know if it would work on any of them, but it will work on a 300, i know because i have two 300 fwd bikes, your decompression assist is kick starter operated, a 300 is not. 

Oh im sorry I misunderstood 

and this engine was the one hard to crank over ? and it's not locked up correct ? if you look here pic  the decomp isn't hooked up, so if it's not locked up, this would be the reason it's hard to crank over.... raise that spring loaded lever just below the cable stay (hook) and try it again, just make sure, that rag in the intake doesn't get sucked in.

image.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

and this engine was the one hard to crank over ? and it's not locked up correct ? if you look here pic  the decomp isn't hooked up, so if it's not locked up, this would be the reason it's hard to crank over.... raise that spring loaded lever just below the cable stay (hook) and try it again, just make sure, that rag in the intake doesn't get sucked in.

image.jpg

16 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

yes this is it . I was wondering what that was .and it’s definitely not locked up 

Hey Jared

post up a pic of the left side case of your blown engine if you have one.

want to see the starter gear cover.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Goober said:

Hey Jared

post up a pic of the left side case of your blown engine if you have one.

want to see the starter gear cover.

I don’t have a picture. The new engine is dropped off and he said it’s definitely the correct engine. And I have an 2 up seat now for it .

moving this to the utility section OP, seeing how this has turned into a build.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

moving this to the utility section OP, seeing how this has turned into a build.

Cool 

• Like 1

For those who haven’t been on the chat so the engine I bought had a decent top end but the transmission was bad. After being really discouraged I asked the mechanic if he thought the Honda was even worth fixing and he asked about the transmission so I told him it was fine when I last drove it so he told yes . He told me to have  a little more patience but trust me that’s really hard at the moment. He’s going to get some new ring and gaskets so we don’t have to worry about it that

Hey Jared hopefully he can make one good engine out of the two bad ones if there are no further problems.  

4 minutes ago, bcsman said:

Hey Jared hopefully he can make one good engine out of the two bad ones if there are no further problems.  

Yeah , me too

• Like 2