Hz_350

Carby rich after rebuild

Hi guys ive come from honda atv forums. 

I have just rebuilt the carby on my trx350fe and its running rich as ! at idle/wont idle carby is getting wet on filter side but bowl is not overflowing. Its running worse now than before the kit. Ive tried everything even put all old stuff back in except the jet needle as it was worn. The only time it runs nice is when you turn the fuel off and its about to run out of fuel. Maybe i need to put the old float valve back in ? Any ideas.

I also got a new choke cable i noticed that the plunger is missing the oring but it was missing before and ran fine

Help please im going shooting next weekend and need it sorted 

20210722_174033.jpg

Welcome aboard! What kind of rebuild kit did you use? I have found alot of the cheaper kits are good to use everything but the float. And it certainly sounds like a float level issue to me. My .02

12 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

Welcome aboard! What kind of rebuild kit did you use? I have found alot of the cheaper kits are good to use everything but the float. And it certainly sounds like a float level issue to me. My .02

It was an all balls kit we are very limited to about 2 kits in Australia or very expensive genuine parts. Ill swap the float valve back in the morning its currently 11pm. I had assumed that wasnt the issue as it wasnt overflowing out the bowl overflow but ill be happy if thats the issue thanks

Oh gotcha. Yeah thats what i would do for sure. All balls is a china kit and they are well known for cutting corners in manufacturing. There seals and jets i would think will be close enough to work fine. But the float and anything else i would avoid for sure! Float level can effect alot of things. And doesnt always run out the carb or the overflow tube. Just a very minor adjustment can result in very rich or very lean condition.

• Like 2

buy a shindy carb kit, take that all balls kit, toss it in the trash..best place for it !. welcome to the forum !. down load the service manual for your year/make/model for our site here, have a read on the air fuel mixture. you will need to set the air fuel mixture correcttley. YES THAT O-RING ON THE CHOKE VALVE IS IMPORTANT !.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, shadetree said:

buy a shindy carb kit, take that all balls kit, toss it in the trash..best place for it !. welcome to the forum !. down load the service manual for your year/make/model for our site here, have a read on the air fuel mixture. you will need to set the air fuel mixture correcttley. YES THAT O-RING ON THE CHOKE VALVE IS IMPORTANT !.

Thanks mate. I was looking for a shindy for ages but they are hard to find online and harder to get to aus. Postage from the us has sky-rocketed in the last year. Ie i priced a 1way clutch bearing from partzilla yesterday they wanted $40 postage. 

It took me ages to find the forum you guys went to the honda facebook page is useless for actual help

• Like 1

Ive put the old float valve back in no change. Would having the oring off the choke do this? It was fine before hand. The float valve slides into the float before fitting correct?

3 hours ago, Hz_350 said:

Ive put the old float valve back in no change. Would having the oring off the choke do this? It was fine before hand. The float valve slides into the float before fitting correct?

carb is dirty. its not pulling fuel through the idle jet, i watched this video, and from seeing the main slide jet bounce up and down ?, tells me its not getting fuel through the idle jet. no good thing comes from anything '' all balls '' related !.

I think ive just had a light bulb moment i dont think my carb has a needle jet in it

Screenshot_20210725-125706_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

20210725_125904.jpg

20210725_125813.jpg

20210725_125828.jpg

When i get this part is it easy to work out what way it goes in ect? Hopefully i can get 1 quick. Im not sure if mine got blasted across the floor or if it was gone before

goes in from bottom side, it's tapered, flat side will be on very bottom as you install it, you will notice one side is shaped like a funnel, it is on the top inside, main jet needle slides up and down from the slider inside. just remember the flat side is facing you as you drop it down inside from the bottom. 

• Like 2

So ive got my part ordered its $70 though , guy at honda reckons it dosnt include the needle but all the ones online come as a set with the needle and the little washer . Will be 2 days even paying express

Okay OEM is the best way but Honda doesn’t sell complete carb kits. Makes it a PITA. Needle jet kit should contain the jet, the needle, the washer and the clip.

16012-HN5-M41 Is part for the 04 TRX350

do a fleabay search on the part number 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Goober said:

Okay OEM is the best way but Honda doesn’t sell complete carb kits. Makes it a PITA. Needle jet kit should contain the jet, the needle, the washer and the clip.

16012-HN5-M41 Is part for the 04 TRX350

do a fleabay search on the part number 

I mean ive ordered it from honda, im assuming because the part diagram only shows the needle jet he thinks thats all there is

21 hours ago, Hz_350 said:

So ive got my part ordered its $70 though , guy at honda reckons it dosnt include the needle but all the ones online come as a set with the needle and the little washer . Will be 2 days even paying express

honda does not sell carb parts as a kit, you have to purchase each carb part seperate. online kits from shindy..all come as a complete kit, you do not get the choke parts though...just the main carb parts.

12 minutes ago, shadetree said:

honda does not sell carb parts as a kit, you have to purchase each carb part seperate. online kits from shindy..all come as a complete kit, you do not get the choke parts though...just the main carb parts.

Im talking about this part/parts 

Or have partzilla put the 3 components together or do they just show the 3 for the ! of it?

Screenshot_20210727-091656_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210727-091706_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 hour ago, Hz_350 said:

Or have partzilla put the 3 components together or do they just show the 3 for the ! of it?

partzilla sells each part seperate..same as if you walked into a dealership, no oem carb parts come in a kit, but if you purchased a shindy carb rebuild kit from say..ebay ?, then you would get the complete carb rebuild kit, just will not get the choke parts. honda does not sell a full carb rebuild kit..you have to buy each single part seperate !...lol.

45 minutes ago, shadetree said:

partzilla sells each part seperate..same as if you walked into a dealership, no oem carb parts come in a kit, but if you purchased a shindy carb rebuild kit from say..ebay ?, then you would get the complete carb rebuild kit, just will not get the choke parts. honda does not sell a full carb rebuild kit..you have to buy each single part seperate !...lol.

Mate your not understanding what im saying ill just leave it at that

13 hours ago, Hz_350 said:

Mate your not understanding what im saying ill just leave it at that

i understand perfectly, you are not explaining it correctly..but yeah, i will drop it, please let us know when you get the main jet needle seat.

17 hours ago, Hz_350 said:

Number 3 comes with all 4 pieces marked #3 in  this pic 

image.png

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Number 3 comes with all 4 pieces marked #3 in  this pic 

image.png

Yes thats what i was assuming. As all the genuine pics of that part online show the 3 pictures. It was just the part guy from honda said it was only the single part. Probably only going off what he could see in the diagram. Part should arrive today. Nothing comes over night in australia even when you pay express post 😑 and the state it came from just came out of its 5th Lockdown last night

Getting back to the SE (choke) valve, it requires replacement. You cannot replace the oring (generally) as they are not separately available. Conically shaped.

1 hour ago, Goober said:

Getting back to the SE (choke) valve, it requires replacement. You cannot replace the oring (generally) as they are not separately available. Conically shaped.

Ive got somthing sorted for now ill get a new 1 when i get back from shooting this weekend.