Jaredmacneill

Vintage Honda’s

our big chevy dealer in town used to have at least 30 silverados in various flavors on the lot...they have 2 plain white trucks right now...and anytime I take my 2011 duramax in for any service, it's an immediate  "hey..you want to sell?"

used to be they'd try to get me to trade in..now they just want to buy...cause they've got nothing to trade me up to.

but that was the last new truck I planned to buy when I did.. I'm coming up on 65...debt free from here out...so...new car shortages are not a part of my watchlist.

• Like 3

Drove past my grandfather's Buick/GMC dealership (he sold it in 1990) this morning.  Not a single car on the lot other than employee vehicles. 

• Like 1

hard to believe whats going on...... i reckon one thing positive.... is the price of our bikes / equitment is going to go up, on negative side theft will surely get worse, i took a trip to ace hardware, and it's same not a single chainsaw, there were a few mowers but not anywhere close to what they used to stock, same deal with weedeaters hedgers .... etc etc ... the car lots seem to be stocked up, and the only atv dealership in columbia is closed down.... it was Kawasaki, and Polaris ... so... IMO they will not be missed, but LJ is still rocking, heard 6 Harley's pass by my home today..... i have no idea what bikes/ atvs / utvs he's got stashed away. 

Polaris shop in the nearby town closed up here too.  Farmers won't buy them anymore.  They don't hold up.  They buy Honda or Can Am, and both of those are at the other dealership in that town.

Prices are great if you're selling.  If you're trying to buy it's an awful time.

My buddy just sold his 7 month old Jeep Gladiator for 4K more than he paid for it , he knows somebody at the dealership cause he got another brand new one already , this one is loaded to the hilt 

My neighbor across the street bought a Jeep Willis one year old , with 20K miles about 3 months ago , it broke down after 1 month , they keep the Jeep for 1 1/2 months , waiting on some engine sensors , two days after getting it back  the engine light came on and the truck won't start , same thing as the first time ,  they had to pick it up with a wrecker last Saturday 

16 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

My buddy just sold his 7 month old Jeep Gladiator for 4K more than he paid for it , he knows somebody at the dealership cause he got another brand new one already , this one is loaded to the hilt 

My neighbor across the street bought a Jeep Willis one year old , with 20K miles about 3 months ago , it broke down after 1 month , they keep the Jeep for 1 1/2 months , waiting on some engine sensors , two days after getting it back  the engine light came on and the truck won't start , same thing as the first time ,  they had to pick it up with a wrecker last Saturday 

Just

Empty

Every

Pocket

I'm not a fan of the brand anymore.  Jeep died to me in 1986.

Just now, jeepwm69 said:

Just

Empty

Every

Pocket

I'm not a fan of the brand anymore.  Jeep died to me in 1986.

Got to admit them Gladiators are good looking trucks , but rather pricey ---- I'd try my luck with the new Bronco Outlander first 

image.png

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Got to admit them Gladiators are good looking trucks , but rather pricey ---- I'd try my luck with the new Bronco Outlander first 

image.png

Hard pass.  Mine's better.  Cheaper too.

scram2.jpg

paperwork.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Polaris shop in the nearby town closed up here too.  Farmers won't buy them anymore.  They don't hold up.  They buy Honda or Can Am, and both of those are at the other dealership in that town.

Prices are great if you're selling.  If you're trying to buy it's an awful time.

we haven't had a honda dealership here in over 30 years.... the rest just seem to fold up... now it's small time owner operated shops that people head to, or Facebook, or a friend, i was offered 3700 for that 97 300 and i know she's not worth that, i only payed 1200.... i understand about making money, but shafting someone ???? heck no! same deal with farmers here, now most are trying to get there hands on kubota utvs .... my pop has one Dennis has one LJ has a Kawasaki mule 2510 toombs brothers dairy also has a Kubota moser farms also a utv Kubota all of those kubotas are diesel. 

• Like 1

Tomorrow I am going to be going by Honda of Slidell , which is also a Polaris dealer , will try to snap a pic , last weekend they had about  100 Polaris in the yard , side by sides and Atvs , seems no body wants them ---- maybe with the Honda shortages , they will sell a few ----  

85. Runs good, no smoke. Rear swingarm is broken on both crossmembers so rear end is trying to come out from under it. Going to have to find another swingarm. 

I swapped a 250 SX rear end into this for the previous owner two or three years ago. He said he clocked it at 60 on the GPS after I swapped that rear end in.

400 bucks. Hopefully I can find a cheap swingarm and won’t have much in it

D6FFA703-BB85-4249-9E21-30FEC16CFA77.jpeg

• Like 3

looks like my old 85, i still miss that bike..... talk about fun to ride on a farm, i even had the same rear tires, i believe those are wooly booger tires ? man, i made a big mistake selling mine....... and, she would dust a 300 fourtax..... lol. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

Yep, woolly buggers. 

The guy I bought it from looked like the big black guy in the green mile. He said he had had it for 15 or 20 years. That’s probably what happened to the swing arm lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

85. Runs good, no smoke. Rear swingarm is broken on both crossmembers so rear end is trying to come out from under it. Going to have to find another swingarm. 

I swapped a 250 SX rear end into this for the previous owner two or three years ago. He said he clocked it at 60 on the GPS after I swapped that rear end in.

400 bucks. Hopefully I can find a cheap swingarm and won’t have much in it

D6FFA703-BB85-4249-9E21-30FEC16CFA77.jpeg

I don't know how many of those 250A swing arms I gave to the scrap iron collector when I cleaned up the yard , 10 or more ---- I have one left and it was in the back of my truck to get thrown away , but I have not been going to work 

This is off a 1985 I do believe , even though if you look at the parts break down on partzilla it shows the newer style , these were how the 250A and 250ES 1st gens were made ,   till  mid 86 , 86-1/2 up is different --------   if it is the same as what you need  , it's yours free 

fullsizeoutput_ee5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_ee6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I was coming here to post a WTB ad!  I will definitely take you up on that swingarm but I expect to at least pay you something and cover the shipping.  

Both those tubes are broken on this one. Could be welded back but would rather just replace it.  Really weird setup the way the swingarm bearings are in there. 

I had time to pull the rear fender off today. Bolts were still shiny gold color when removed. No seized bolts either. I’ll get some pics tomorrow 

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I was coming here to post a WTB ad!  I will definitely take you up on that swingarm but I expect to at least pay you something and cover the shipping.  

Both those tubes are broken on this one. Could be welded back but would rather just replace it.  Really weird setup the way the swingarm bearings are in there. 

I had time to pull the rear fender off today. Bolts were still shiny gold color when removed. No seized bolts either. I’ll get some pics tomorrow 

Sure it's your , check to see if yours is made the same way --------  I said it wrong about the year , I think this one is a 86 up -------  

I had just stuck an add last week for some other 250 stuff , a complete running engine , the complete wiring harness , all the electrical parts and carb  ----- sold 2 - 250 rear ends last week  to a famous builder , got a couple of more 250 rear ends I am going to sell , they are listing for $400 each 

fullsizeoutput_ed0.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks right. I’ll PM you my address.Only difference I could see in the early and the later would be that front tube looks like it’s round on the early models and square tube on the later ones. That’s going off of internet pics so might not be right

• Like 1

On August 7, 2021 at 8:08 AM, jeepwm69 said:

Yep, woolly buggers. 

The guy I bought it from looked like the big black guy in the green mile. He said he had had it for 15 or 20 years. That’s probably what happened to the swing arm lol

uh hu, now i see what your talking about....lol! 

I know there are a ton of old Hondas and other products out in the fields of our nation. It just feels weird to think that the ages of abundant  supply surplus might be over for the balance of my functional lifespan.

I sit with Mom (90yrs old) and listen as she tells me of days when she was a girl.. she showed me some leftover ration stamp books etc.  But my generation and my kids, have never experienced anything like this....so yeah, gonna be some stormy weather coming for the generations who take it for granted that they can get anything, on line, shipped for next day arrival.

makes my old, reliable, hondas even more valuable to me.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bighanded said:

I know there are a ton of old Hondas and other products out in the fields of our nation. It just feels weird to think that the ages of abundant  supply surplus might be over for the balance of my functional lifespan.

I sit with Mom (90yrs old) and listen as she tells me of days when she was a girl.. she showed me some leftover ration stamp books etc.  But my generation and my kids, have never experienced anything like this....so yeah, gonna be some stormy weather coming for the generations who take it for granted that they can get anything, on line, shipped for next day arrival.

makes my old, reliable, hondas even more valuable to me.

And while people look down on old stuff because it's not as nice/comfortable/flashy, the old stuff is what is easily kept going, while all the new computerized crap is impossible to fix without access to new parts.

• Like 3

This just showed up on market Place ,  from Kiln , Miss, for $1,700 , add says it smokes , but as clean as it is , if your into 87 350Ds it might be worth that , shoot the rear end is worth $400 if it is tight 

image.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

This just showed up on market Place ,  from Kiln , Miss, for $1,700 , add says it smokes , but as clean as it is , if your into 87 350Ds it might be worth that , shoot the rear end is worth $400 if it is tight 

image.png

Dang that's a clean one for sure. 

On August 7, 2021 at 8:08 AM, jeepwm69 said:

Yep, woolly buggers. 

ive been thinking isn't his last name Duncan ? (the big guy in th green mile) i think he passed away a while back, i always liked that movie.