Hz_350

350 rancher head light upgrade

Hi guys has anyone use these on their ranchers they are alot brighter than  the stock candles thinking i might make up a better mount for them though 

20210725_175438.jpg

20210725_175456.jpg

20210725_175555.jpg

You really need to make a backing plate , if not they will have the plastic all cracked up in no time 

mGN+aRxnTBG+YJCSBu6bGA.jpg

IMG_9024.JPG

• Like 1

I was talking to my mate about them he said they were ok short distance but lacked on the long distance. Is there any other globe available for the 350 for better light. Maybe i should just fit a light bar to the front rack. Aslong as the stator can keep up with a light bar and a hand held spot light

57 minutes ago, Hz_350 said:

I was talking to my mate about them he said they were ok short distance but lacked on the long distance. Is there any other globe available for the 350 for better light. Maybe i should just fit a light bar to the front rack. Aslong as the stator can keep up with a light bar and a hand held spot light

Hand held spot light  , sounds like you'll maybe hog hunting at night ?  ------   run a second battery and make that  hand held  an  LED bulb light if you feel it won't keep up 

• Like 1

on the bulb type , those flood pods come in two versions , one is a flood light and the other a spot light , some of the bars come mixed , out side and inside lights are different ---  personally , I stay away from the changing the stock bulbs , but people do that 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Hand held spot light  , sounds like you'll maybe hog hunting at night ?  ------   run a second battery and make that  hand held  an  LED bulb light if you feel it won't keep up 

Ive just bought myself a 12inch 60w bar that can mount on the front rack instead.

Yes i have a 100w handheld spot light for hunting at night fingers crossed pigs. But foxes, rabbits, hares and roos are usually on the list

I'm guilty of going to a 50 watt halogen bulbs on my 300 but i don't use those lights much....(just the steering stem gator clamp ram light which is wired straight to the battery) .it's just nice to have those long distance lights when i need them. 

12 minutes ago, Hz_350 said:

Ive just bought myself a 12inch 60w bar that can mount on the front rack instead.

Yes i have a 100w handheld spot light for hunting at night fingers crossed pigs. But foxes, rabbits, hares and roos are usually on the list

Shining is becoming a thing of the past , we can't shine deer or rabbits , in fact if your caught shining a light at a deer , they can charge your with harassment of wildlife even if you don't have a weapon , we can still shine hogs , coyotes ,  nutrias , frogs  and coons ,  but no foxes , bobcats , alligators , deer or rabbits

Are roos any good to eat ?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

Shining is becoming a thing of the past , we can't shine deer or rabbits , in fact if your caught shining a light at a deer , they can charge your with harassment of wildlife even if you don't have a weapon , we can still shine hogs , coyotes ,  nutrias , frogs  and coons ,  but no foxes , bobcats , alligators , deer or rabbits

Are roos any good to eat ?  

Roo goes ok. You can buy it in the supermarket. Its all wild shot as no farming of them. Deer we can spotlight on private property in my state and no seasons or bag limits tags ect. As they are all introduced they are basically classed as pests. But shooting any of our natives is not allowed unless you have mitigation permit.. it wont be long till they start baiting deer with 1080 here they already do chopper culls in the national parks but won't let hunters in to shoot.

• Like 1

Shining is becoming a thing of the past , we can't shine deer or rabbits , in fact if your caught shining a light at a deer , they can charge your with harassment of wildlife even if you don't have a weapon , we can still shine hogs , coyotes

its about the same here, they can take your truck, atv, utv, gun fine you, even jail time for those who are repeat offenders, etc... not saying all of it's legal, but is does happen, but it's always open season on wild hogs. 

42 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

its about the same here, they can take your truck, atv, utv, gun fine you, even jail time for those who are repeat offenders, etc... not saying all of it's legal, but is does happen, but it's always open season on wild hogs. 

Here now , they can take anything used in the illegal taking of game , including your truck , trailer , boat , guns , fishing poles , commercial fishing gear , whatever  ,  and they don't have to give it back if your found guilty  ----- a lot of the boats they use in law enforcement are forfeited from poachers 

We got a new TV show called Louisiana Law , it is pretty good , Wildlife and Fishery show across the state , seen a few people I know already 

• Like 1

yep.... sounds just like whats going here ..... I've seen that show, it's a good one, it wouldnt shock me if a land owner couldn't even hunt on his own farm land soon, i can't even recall the last time i heard a shot fired. 

Another  thing that is happening down here now , is the land owners are being allowed to block off canals that were dug by oil companies and then deny access to fishing , there are a few boat launches that had been there for years that had to close cause the waterways are now  all blocked off ----    ,