superrman77

Shop Tools And Setup

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

I don't do it every day.  Just every once and awhile.  With 4 women in the house with me that's the only time I can work uninterrupted for more than 10 minutes.  LOL

I work on my stuff late at night. When all of the girls are asleep aswell. I figured that out early when my daughter was born. No time otherwise. Thank god i function well on 5 hours of sleep. They go to bed at 9-9:30 im up till around midnight to 1ish. Wake up for work at 5:30-6. Rinse and repeat.

If I do that the wife does the "You don't want to spend time with me" so early AM it is.  She's not a morning person so that's when I work.

One thing is certain, you both improvise very well. My giddy-up-go done got up and went. I'm useless and incoherent before 9 AM.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Your organization and cleanliness makes me nauseous. 

Trust Me jeepwm69 it does not look like that all the time !

103_0917.jpg

103_0920.jpg

103_0884.jpg

103_0952.jpg

• Like 5

@Wheeler

Mine actual needs to be tidied up. Too much stuff on the benches, baseboards still out there etc.... But this is where it all happens...

actually.... IMO that's purdy organized ..... Lol

I did some fine tuning too. (Much more to do) got all my wood tools placed out of my way until needed.... Colored up my wedges ..... I've lost them off the trailer before..now they'll stick out like a sore thumb now.... And for my chain saw box ..... I get so tired of digging around in there for certain items.... So earth magnets solved that issue.... Be surprised how much time is lost digging around for tools!! ... It adds up!

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

Believe it or not this is after several hours of work. I have made progress since I took these pictures but still quite a bit to do

031F7C8F-5ABE-48DC-97A5-0A218D7854CB.jpeg

FC22DC9C-94CA-49EA-A4E2-216DE8965972.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Believe it or not this is after several hours of work. I have made progress since I took these pictures but still quite a bit to do

is there a shop somewhere in this pic ????????????..lol.

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

is there a shop somewhere in this pic ????????????..lol.

Lol. I’ve actually gotten a lot done. Most of the crap in the floor is now put up. 

I found the plans from when my grandfather built it back in the 80’s.  It’s 526ish sq feet iirc

10 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

OMG! I couldn't do it... ! that's funny rite there Jeep!

I saw that last night.  I need one of those.  I have a harbor freight job at the farm shop, and it works ok on car and ATV tires, but I had to dismount two front lawnmower tires last week and I ended up cutting them off the rim. 

• Like 1

Yesterday was working on my brakes of the work truck , my 1 3/16 combo wrench disappeared and I only had one 1 3/16 with a box end , socket wouldn't work , and the crescent wrench was starting to slip , went to and called all  the auto parts , Lowes , Napa and no one had it , so went to Harbor Freight , and the only way the sold it was in a set of 4 ICON tools, I never needed any of the other wrenches but had to buy the set for $80 with the taxes as I need this truck running for Monday morning , feel violated 

then I didn't have a E18 1/2 drive socket for the hub to rotor/drum bolts , I used a 9/16 spline socket to get them off and it did do a good job and not strip or damage the heads , but it was 3/8 drive and I broke a Craftsman adaptor getting them off with the impact ,  so Lowes sells Craftsman but only had the E18 in a kit of 28 impact quality  metric and us allen socket wrench up to 3/4"  , torx and E drive sockets , it was $159 without the taxes , WOW $180 to use one socket , but  I can justify the purchase as I use the large size allens and torx all the time at work ---don't have a pic of the set 

31 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Yesterday was working on my brakes of the work truck , my 1 3/16 combo wrench disappeared and I only had one 1 3/16 with a box end , socket wouldn't work , and the crescent wrench was starting to slip , went to and called all  the auto parts , Lowes , Napa and no one had it , so went to Harbor Freight , and the only way the sold it was in a set of 4 ICON tools, I never needed any of the other wrenches but had to buy the set for $80 with the taxes as I need this truck running for Monday morning , feel violated 

then I didn't have a E18 1/2 drive socket for the hub to rotor/drum bolts , I used a 9/16 spline socket to get them off and it did do a good job and not strip or damage the heads , but it was 3/8 drive and I broke a Craftsman adaptor getting them off with the impact ,  so Lowes sells Craftsman but only had the E18 in a kit of 28 impact quality  metric and us allen socket wrench up to 3/4"  , torx and E drive sockets , it was $159 without the taxes , WOW $180 to use one socket , but  I can justify the purchase as I use the large size allens and torx all the time at work ---don't have a pic of the set 

That's a bummer.  Have you used the ICON tools yet?

Used the 1 1/16 combo yesterday and beat it up with a hand mall.  Lol. It dents easy 

Here is a pic of that Craftsman socket set I mentioned ^ ----  I had a metal box that was just the right size , threw in a couple of more sockets to keep them from moving around in the box till I dig up a chunk of foam  --------  wonder how long they are going to stay organized like that 

IPwA0ch+SFiriMUmGeU5vg.jpg

9Myy+XGOTUCrhuWhAi1EJQ.jpg

• Like 2

Dang, those huge Torx bits would come in handy on my old Jeeps.  AMC loved those torx head bolts.  I HATE them.

My next shop project , parts/supplies  storage ----scored on part store building demo , I could have gotten a dump truck load of these trays , I wish I would have as I searched them , Schaffer , they go for about $12 a tray , I was able to fit 34 of the big ones and 41 of the little one in my truck bed , might have lose a few on the ride home ??? , LOL , going to build a shelf about 50 inches wide and 7 ft tall and have rows os storage 

+%s5b8J3Tb2bJdWln3ihog.jpg

• Like 5

Part and supply shelving coming together ---------  still got a bunch of trays to clean yet , then trays on the bottom are just there temporary , when finished it is going to be top to bottom with trays with another two shelves on top  

FzmMkzBETwa54iibYvTNfA.jpg

• Like 4

Looks good.  I've used some smaller plastic trays to sort my metric bolts and nuts that were all over my shop from PSN buys and bike strip downs.

My Briggs 10Hp blew oil all over the truck on it way out , the Briggs engine was discontinued and they wanted to sell me a $850 engine that was going to require some modification to fit  , so I was thinking if I was going to have to modify  , then do a Honda , till I priced Honda  , so it turned in to a Preditor ( Honda ) Clone , wound up getting it for $299 after the $80 Track discount from Harbor Junk  , upgraded to 13 Hp , still got  electric start , had to make a few adjustments here and there , but it is working and kicking the throttle up and down with tank pressure , so far so good 

yLOEItgKS4qQ4VYe0yPjXg.jpg

• Like 3

I think that motor above ^  must be California  emissions , that box with two hoses going into it , under the valve cover ,  which I think is some kind of filter is not even mentioned in any of the paper work or parts break down list that came with the engine 

On 12/13/2019 at 2:49 AM, shadetree said:

nothing fancy ?, but it serves me very well, 12x16 shop I built a few years ago.

alittle more done ! 001.JPG

outside is done for now ! 001.JPG

On 12/13/2019 at 2:49 AM, shadetree said:

nothing fancy ?, but it serves me very well, 12x16 shop I built a few years ago.

alittle more done ! 001.JPG

outside is done for now ! 001.JPG

Shade, what's the box on the far right of your workbench? Is it a sand blasting box?

Nice shed btw!