superrman77

Shop Tools And Setup

20 minutes ago, Turbo Twister said:

Shade, what's the box on the far right of your workbench? Is it a sand blasting box?

Nice shed btw!

yep..sand blaster, i've taken it out for the time being, moved my 20 ton shop press in its place.

• Like 1

My buddy at the flea market was there today and I stop by , he let me cherry pick a box , cause I didn't want the whole box , got all these tools on the table  for $50 , Matco , Mac , Snap on , Craftsman , SK ----  the real score was 5 - 10mm wrenches , 2 are ratchet wrenches and one of them a flex head ratchet wrench 

fullsizeoutput_c42.jpeg

• Like 5

But Fish got some hand sanitizer!!

I'm a sucker for tools.  I have a 60 gallon 5hp compressor, 20 ton press, bench grinder, parts washer, 2 Cornwell tool boxes, a Cornwell 8 drawer cart... I could go on!! My problem is organization. . My shop is 40x21 and no matter how much I throw away,  something takes its place. 

• Like 2

My buddy gave me a arbor press yesterday , he said he needs space in his shop and never uses it , so I don't know if I can really use it , but couldn't pass it up , might work for pressing bearings into hubs 

mRg%4ht5Tv2ft7oVKA+vMA.jpg

HzTMxr1fSnGJafGO+7D4Xg.jpg

• Like 4

I gave that arbor press a quick paint job , going to stick it on craig's list and sell it , I tried to press a ball joint and wheel bearings in my buddy's 300 and neither one went , maybe if the press was bolt to a heavy steel table and I would have used a 8 ft cheater pipe it may have worked , but I doubt it , thinking about asking $200 for it 

NgOU59ljRTqXKFcZayfshA.jpg

vzodKSuVQEmbVo9Q+zFNkg.jpg

• Like 3

I see we have not had any post on this thread in a while , I sold that arbor press in the pic above for $160  had it listed for $200 on Craig's List , I got it for nothing , cleaned it and a couple of cans of paint  ---- I tried to press a bearings  into a hub of my buddies 300 2wd disc kit and it wouldn't do it , it was rated as 5 tons ,  it was pretty much useless to me 

I just got a new test tank , I leant my old one out and buddy said it was brittle and cracked up , it was $39.99 from Powersports , nice to have so you can run your atv with the tank off during tuning and adjustments 

fullsizeoutput_ce2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_ce4.jpeg

• Like 2

I just ordered one of these Ryobi 18volt , 320 psi pressure washers , I could have used it today on a job , mud all packed in a tower of a Cat dozer , had to dig the mud out with a bar and air compressor ----night be enough power for that quick clean up job , was $87 with shipping , just tool    

image.png

• Like 2

Just got another  Ryobi 18 volt water tool , a 320 psi  pressure washer wand , about to go and try it out 

fullsizeoutput_e0f.jpeg

• Like 3

Got a call from the wife and cut  my test run short  , so I did some spots on the patio where there was a spillage by the bbq and it will do it , wouldn't want to do the entire patio with it ---- did a window with the screen in place and it is awesome at windows  , also cleaned an  ice chest and it is good for that ---- the tip has 3 rotary settings , turbo  , 15 degrees and rinse ---- first impression , ok ,very  light weight ,  wish it was 750psi instead of 320psi , but if it was 750psi , I'd wish it was 1,500 psi 

5 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Got a call from the wife and cut  my test run short  , so I did some spots on the patio where there was a spillage by the bbq and it will do it , wouldn't want to do the entire patio with it ---- did a window with the screen in place and it is awesome at windows  , also cleaned an  ice chest and it is good for that ---- the tip has 3 rotary settings , turbo  , 15 degrees and rinse ---- first impression , ok ,very  light weight ,  wish it was 750psi instead of 320psi , but if it was 750psi , I'd wish it was 1,500 psi 

the $ 64.000.00 question is..how long will/does the battery last before ya have to swap it out ?..lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, shadetree said:

the $ 64.000.00 question is..how long will/does the battery last before ya have to swap it out ?..lol. 

Don't know that yet , was a full charged extra life battery to start , got 15 minutes in , then my wife called and distracted me  , then "YOU" , LOL 

• Like 1

The other day I gave my 11 year old Rigid 3000psi 6hp Subaru motor some love. Replaced all the fittings on the stainless steel hose, disassembled the wand, greased the trigger, & changed the fitting in the end. Changed the oil, cleaned the air filter & plug which is original! I pulled the pump & am going to replace it this winter. I seem to get about 6 years out of them before they crap out. This one is on verge now.. so I’m just gonna get a new one. They are around $200 for an RMV 2.5G30. 

im not sure what I think of a batter powered one.. just not the same lol!

• Like 2

I have a Honda powered washer that my father in law gave up on after the pump died.  It's a Karcher, and I put a cheap ebay pump on it that lasted about 2 hours for crapping the bed. 

Haven't decided if I want to put another pump on it or give up on it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I have a Honda powered washer that my father in law gave up on after the pump died.  It's a Karcher, and I put a cheap ebay pump on it that lasted about 2 hours for crapping the bed. 

Haven't decided if I want to put another pump on it or give up on it.

If the Honda motor is good find a half decent pump! That’s the key! I use mine A LOT. once a year she washes my house, do vehicles/quad/trailer like weekly. So I figure 6years for a pump is ok.. I don’t know if I’d do eBay pump, but a Honda motor be a waste to get rid of..

• Like 1

I have an electric one that works ok, but that gas powered one has a lot more power.  I need to find a better pump.  The chinese POS I tried didn't last long at all. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I have an electric one that works ok, but that gas powered one has a lot more power.  I need to find a better pump.  The chinese POS I tried didn't last long at all. 

post the model number & maybe I can help ya find a good pump.?

If you change the oil in the pump regulary , it might extend the life  , the good synthetic pump oil is very expensive , but it doesn't take much oil  , well worth changing 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

If you change the oil in the pump regulary , it might extend the life  , the good synthetic pump oil is very expensive , but it doesn't take much oil  , well worth changing 

I’m not gonna lie.. I had NO idea about that until i pulled my pump the other day. However mines a sealed unit that has a label marked 75w90 on it. I googled it & u have to pull the unloader assembly off to change fluid. So ya that’s maybe why my pumps fail. Never replaced any oil! EVER lol

• Like 2

Karcher sells synthetic pump oil by the pint & quart at a pretty decent price.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

I’m not gonna lie.. I had NO idea about that until i pulled my pump the other day. However mines a sealed unit that has a label marked 75w90 on it. I googled it & u have to pull the unloader assembly off to change fluid. So ya that’s maybe why my pumps fail. Never replaced any oil! EVER lol

Many pumps have a sight glass to check the oil , some have  a dip stick ----- something you need to watch you there in the Great White Morth is leaving water in the pump and it freeze and crack the housing , I had that happen to me down here were it seldom freezes 

• Like 4

Also have seen pumps  with oil level plugs , you fill to the level  then put the plug back in 

• Like 1

Majority of pressure washer pumps use SAE 30w non detergent oil

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wheeler said:

post the model number & maybe I can help ya find a good pump.?

It's a Karcher G2600.  I first replaced the unloader valve thinking that was the problem (it was pulsing).  That didn't work.

Then I put an ebay pump on it, worked for a short time.  It was not exactly the same, and the hose inlet was in a wonky spot, but it worked.  Something like this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pressure-Washer-Water-Pump-Fits-Honda-Excell-A01801-D28744-A14292-XR2500-XR2600/301829260243?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649