superrman77

Shop Tools And Setup

If it was pulsating you probably had dirt in a valve of your pump was sucking air.

• Like 1

image.png

Product review : Been pressure washing the patios for spring cleaning , so while at Home Depot I seen this surface cleaner , got it and hooked it up , and it was doing a fine job , now it does say 3,300 psi max on it  , I did over do it just a bit as my washer is rated  3,500 psi , but it is a 13 HP Honda and I think it is a lot more than 3,500 , well it lasted 15 minutes and self destructed , wife heard it inside and came out to see if everything was ok , sound like a jet engine failure and took about 10 seconds to wind down , took it back for a refund ---- 

• Haha 1

You should be able to adjust your unloader to drop your pressure to be able to use it, you just can't adjust the flow,GPM of the pump.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TBRider said:

You should be able to adjust your unloader to drop your pressure to be able to use it, you just can't adjust the flow,GPM of the pump.

I just looked up the specs on my pressure washer pump and I did over do it worst than I thought , the attachment was rated for 2,400-3,300 psi and 3 GPM 

• Direct Drive pump , horizontal shaft engine 10hp-14hp
  • Operates at 4,000 PSI and produces 4 GPM
  • Like 1

This is the one I need , 21inch , 4000 psi and 3 nozzles , but $329 --- need to be looking for a used one 

image.png

• Like 1

fish never mind my PM there both showing up now, interesting looking power washers, i have a hard wood flood polisher / buffer that looks kind of like the last pic. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

fish never mind my PM there both showing up now, interesting looking power washers, i have a hard wood flood polisher / buffer that looks kind of like the last pic. 

Good deal , Thesurface attachments  do a great job of cleaning the floor and fast , we use to use them at the shop ---- if you use the wand with a tip you are getting like 4 inches per pass , that second pic I posted gets 21 inches per sweep , like cutting grass --- but as we can see from my last fiasco , they need to be matched to your pressure washer's specs 

• Like 1

I made this recently to break tire beads with shop press.

I have the HF tire changer and the bead breaker on that tends to bend on the tough beads.

I got the idea from watching a YouTube video where a guy made one similar.

The holes drilled in it are to put screws in the sidewall to keep it from slipping, if you are throwing the tire out.

Bead breaker.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, THH said:

I have the HF tire changer and the bead breaker on that tends to bend on the tough beads.

The holes drilled in it are to put screws in the sidewall to keep it from slipping, if you are throwing the tire out.

Bead breaker.jpg

Wow , THH , that is a good idea !!! never seen that one before ------  So you stole it from a guy off you-tube ,eh , LOL  , Copy Right infringement , the word is mum  !!!! 

• Haha 1

You Tube is great for learning how to do things !!!   last week I changed my side mirror on my Dodge 4500 , never had the door panel off  on either of my Dodge trucks before , was prying with a screw driver and seen bad things coming ,  went inside , looked at a video  , when back outside and pop , it was off , just had to learn the trick 

• Like 1

is this foot only for a certain size rim ? most are made short, once the bead breaks at one point, the rest should be easy, unless the rim is rusted really bad. 

I agree with all that have stated a shop press is real helpful and the fact you can never have enough tools!!

The recessed atv lift @oldmxrider has is a great idea!!! Hmmmmm

This is where I make repairs.

Shop 1.jpg

Shop 2.jpg

Shop 3.jpg

Shop 4.jpg

Shop 5.jpg

Shop 6.jpg

Shop 7.jpg

Shop 8.jpg

• Like 3

@_Wilson_™ the one I made is longer than the one i saw, his was probably 2" wide.

I made a cardboard template off my honda rim and traced it to the steel to cut it out.

2" id pipe fits on press with no slop and holds it in place real good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THH said:

Bead breaker.jpg

might grind a tad more on the face to make (more of a angled wedge) it easier to get the foot between the tire, and rim. 

wow, looks like the press bed, has had some pressure. 

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™

1 hour ago, THH said:

I agree with all that have stated a shop press is real helpful and the fact you can never have enough tools!!

The recessed atv lift @oldmxrider has is a great idea!!! Hmmmmm

This is where I make repairs.

Shop 1.jpg

Shop 2.jpg

Shop 3.jpg

Shop 4.jpg

Shop 5.jpg

Shop 6.jpg

Shop 7.jpg

Shop 8.jpg

I need to come in there and randomly set some stuff here and there....you know, make the place "lived in" looking....like my shop.  LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

after working for 3 hrs out in the pick-n-pull car/truck salvage pulling a trailer receiver off by hand tools, mess up my right hand ( sigh ), i decided right then and there it was time to add another tool to my collection, so here she is, brand new dewalt 1/2 inch drive, brushless , battery operated impact driver !. i also picked up a 2-pack batteries so i could keep one charged, while still working :-).

IMG_1626.JPG

IMG_1627.JPG

• Like 6

Nice , should be able to ring bolts off with that one !!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Nice , should be able to ring bolts off with that one !!! 

oh yeah !..lol. i installed the hitch on my sisters truck, start to finish, about an hour, give or take ?, this thing is bad to the bone !.

• Like 4

Did you check the torque of them hitch bolts with a torque wrench ?  Did you use it on  #1, #2 or #3 power setting ?  Might have over tightened them  !!!  Just saying ,  asking for a friend  !!! LOL 

• Haha 1

I've discovered impacts are great for disassembly.  I tend to start snapping stuff when I try to use them assembling anything other than lug nuts

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Did you check the torque of them hitch bolts with a torque wrench ?  Did you use it on  #1, #2 or #3 power setting ?  Might have over tightened them  !!!  Just saying ,  asking for a friend  !!! LOL 

no i did not use a torque wrench, yes i used setting #3, hammered the crap outta them !..lol. tell you're friend it's on there !..rofl.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

I've discovered impacts are great for disassembly.  I tend to start snapping stuff when I try to use them assembling anything other than lug nuts

these bolts were 3/4, grad # 8 bolts, they are tight !..lol

• Like 1

Something I really WANT/NEED to add to my collection… Exactly what u have shade.. Dewalt cordless impact!! 

9 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Something I really WANT/NEED to add to my collection… Exactly what u have shade.. Dewalt cordless impact!! 

oh man, yu'll be kicking yer butt for not getting one yrs ago !..rofl. i had my sisters hitch installed on her truck in about an hour , start to finish. love this tool !.

• Like 3