superrman77

Shop Tools And Setup

@shadetree I do have air tools but the mobility of a cordless be sweet! Maybe Santa will come early?!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

@shadetree I do have air tools but the mobility of a cordless be sweet! Maybe Santa will come early?!

same, when you are away from home , such as i was ?, dragging my air compressor with me was out of the question...lol.

• Like 1

look what followed me home just now !. it was time to invest in a new mig/flux core welder. 115v-230v, read until i was blue in the face, it was either this welder model, or the hobart 140 model, i went with this one !.

IMG_1707.JPG

• Like 3

On 12/17/2021 at 7:54 AM, Fishfiles said:

image.png

You laugh all you want but in 1974 while wrenching at the Honda motorcycle dealers some guy came around the back asking for a metric crescent wrench he could borrow for a few minutes.   The other mechanic was much faster on his feet and told the guy, Nope only have American crescents.  The doofus dude shook his head and left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Really stupid mistake yesterday.  Luckily I was off to the side.

In my nightmare of a shop I’ve misplaced the new intake boot I ordered for my buddy’s 450.  Got frustrated and was looking in the drawers of one of my big stackable tool chests (probably 48” long and about 5.5 feet high, top unit sitting on bottom cabinet).

When you open several drawers at once bad things happen; weight goes to the front and the whole thing tipped over and dumped.  

Just took me a couple of hours to get my tools put back where the belong.  Had I been in front of it it could have been ugly….

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I know someone got hurt really bad by the tool box flipping over onto them 

43 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I know someone got hurt really bad by the tool box flipping over onto them 

Kind of something that should be common sense but I’d never really thought about it.

Won’t make that mistake again!

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Tool King's Throne 

image.png

now i know where i left my wrenches !!!.

I consider this a tool :

And the price went  thru the roof cause of biden'omics  , a large can is up to $50.00 with taxes at the private owned NAPA 

fullsizeoutput_fc9.jpeg

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I consider this a tool :

And the price went  thru the roof cause of biden'omics  , a large can is up to $50.00 with taxes at the private owned NAPA 

fullsizeoutput_fc9.jpeg

Great stuff but it’s gotten pricey?

Yesterday I went to Walmart to get a can of CRC cleaner.  $4.97 on their website.  $6.97 in store!  

Huge % increase!

Wouldn’t price match their own website, so I had to order it online and have someone bring out to my car.  

I’m glad I’m a bit of a hoader because as this continues, I won’t be buying anything 

EDC4D9DB-8C26-4E1A-814C-7BD954A5B4BB.jpeg