superrman77

Shop Tools And Setup

Ive had Purdy good results mixing brake fluid and ATF 1/2-1/2 never tried ATF and acetone .... Just have to be careful whrn using  it around painted surfaces... My old friend Gus used 3 parts diesel ATF, and brake fluid ... Seemed to werk Purdy good....personaly I'm a areo kroil guy... But the price (last i checked) was unreal...have to use the none aerosol type, least thats what my black smith friend (steve) uses... He won't use the aerosol 

• Like 3

I've been using the ATF/ acetone mix for a few years now and although really can't do any sort of scientific test it *seems* to work better.  It could be that I'm not busting older bolts as much as I used to or even starting to remove fasteners that I've applied anti-seize years before.  I do have a habit of taking a proactive approach to lubing fasteners when I buy something new.  Automatic transmission pan bolts are one example. 

• Like 3

On 4/14/2023 at 6:50 AM, Fishfiles said:

image.png

Can you imagine if that was used on today's vehicles?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

KMart / JCPenney 

l3JTqDEWRiWJh7H%d0cDeQ.jpg

Never run across a k-mart or penny's branded wrench... Those would be a collectors dream, I'd think ? 

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

fullsizeoutput_1127.jpeg

that, two cresent wrenches and a BFH was about what I had for a tool set before 21

39 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Never run across a k-mart or penny's branded wrench... Those would be a collectors dream, I'd think ? 

That was a first for me also , seen those  KMart and JCPenney wrenches ^^^^^ at the flea market , never know what you might find , bet he would have taken a dollar a piece  >>>> could have put them in my collection !!!!  LOL 

You know in that box of Craftsman I scored ^^^^  , there is a Sears wrench that looks really old , I have never seen one like it before >>>>  going to have to post a pic of it , think it is the one on the bottom of the pile of wrenched  in the pic above 

• Like 1

You had a chance to snatch them up ?! Oh man..... Sigh... Been there as I'm sure you have too....lol....would have been a nice score! 

We were at a close out auction .... We got a open station massy 1130 ... And i had spotted the trailer that had all the tools so after closing on the massy .... I made a bee line to the tools... Saw one set of posi lock pullers.. Listed for $25... I had used a set from kings transmission in columbia from my buddy Allen ... I new right after i started pulling a Purdy good size cog (worn teeth) the cog started to fold coming off... I still have that same set.. One bad a-- type of pullers (3 jaw manual) for $25 a man couldn't beat that price by far...same set i have i think now... Cost around $200-300... I very rarely let anyone use them.... So when something had to be pulled they got me and the pullers.. Lol! 

https://www.posilock.com/

?? Not too sure on these two.... But i think not, and I'm a big believer in the vise grip brand. Visecrest ? Hm...... Sounds like a ED med...... Rofl! 

image.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

?? Not too sure on these two.... But i think not, and I'm a big believer in the vise grip brand. Visecrest ? Hm...... Sounds like a ED med...... Rofl! 

image.jpg

Some where around here is a Vise-a-Crescent wrench like that ---- don't think I ever really used  it in a work related maneuver , LOL 

I don't have any compound leverage pliers , have had them in my hand before at the store , but ....  <<<<< does it give extra leverage ?  

• Like 1

On June 3, 2023 at 6:52 AM, Fishfiles said:

I don't have any compound leverage pliers , have had them in my hand before at the store , but ....  <<<<< does it give extra leverage ?  

Me nether... Never even seen a set in person, knuckle buster comes to mind, heck i can't even think of. Any wrenching I've done that would require a set....... Extre long, ya, compound ? Nope, most likely a tool very seldom used... 

Found these at the flea market.   Don’t know what they are.  Would guess a rivit or an electrical connector. Guy said he was told it is for fences. 

CFCD389C-7F92-4885-8037-1001364C3852.jpeg

D57AF082-7FDF-4D78-A040-45A4AE196590.jpeg

The gray one has something to do with coax cable.  RG6 and 59 are types of coax cables.

• Like 1