Looking for a speedometer for a 2003 Honda Foreman TRX 450 FM. I found a few on eBay but I feel $200+ is way too much for this part. My wife would cut me! If anyone has way for a great great price, I would really appreciate it. 

I have it, but when taking it apart to rebuild the whole quad, I noticed it had severe water damage and does not look salvageable. Will the quad still start without it. 

i couldn't say whether the quad would start without it, my guess it would, after the engine is repaired, (i have limited dealings with those bikes) but i would most defenently check with AKATV.... about that meter, he's fixed a number of them here, with not a single complaint, and IMO does an excellent job, I'm sure some other members will attest to this. 

Welcome to the site ! 

AKATV can likely help you clear up the screen if it bothers you not knowing how fast your going --- 

both my 2000 and 2002 450 FMs  have clouded out screens , I have heard you don't need it to run , doesn't have any effect on mine 

• Like 1

Hi 

Let me see what you have going on with your speedometer

If it’s water damaged, your ATV might have been sunk - something to think about. 
 Open up the speedometer and show me a few pictures of the circuit card assembly

I can better judge what’s salvageable from there

• Like 1

wait !!. you need to make sure you know what model you have !! ?, the pics you posted in your intro show a trx450ES model, and you said you bought a trx450fm ?, big difference !. from the pics you posted in intro, i see a trx450ES , this is a electric shift model, is not a manual shift model !.

38 minutes ago, DLBeltran74 said:

It’s a FM with ES plastics. I checked the VIN. Thanks though.

ty, you were right, i was wrong, i seen that es on the palstics..and went with that..lol..sorry :-).

If its fogged over with haze its reparable. I used a 3m headlight polishing kit. Makes it look brand new.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DLBeltran74 said:

Just a little fogged over!!!! Lol!!!

4CF15B6F-45D9-4981-973B-A78165F318DA.jpeg

it'll buff out...no worries...yeah...not !..lol.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, AKATV said:

No worries, I got this...

you forgot to say '' here..hold my beer..i got this ! ''..rofl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1