oh okay... i gotcha, my bad for misunderstanding... lol.... i have alot of respect for law enforcement, you fellas have a tough job. 

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

oh okay... i gotcha, my bad for misunderstanding... lol.... i have alot of respect for law enforcement, you fellas have a tough job. 

Thanks. It is pretty tough these days. Been doing it a while and this has been the worse last few years in my whole career. But we will get through it. Thank you though. 

• Thanks 2

Sometimes when you’re scrolling to select pix, you’ll mistakenly select one. I’ve done it here and it’s not always easy to delete them but thankfully the mods can dash in

On 7/31/2021 at 9:55 AM, DLBeltran74 said:

4C0FB07B-CFC5-4091-9820-8F49B3EBD33D.jpegIt came like this but without the top end on it. The carb looks like it may need some cleaning too. It was rode very hard and put away super wet. I discovered sand/dirt in every crook and crevice of this thing. The rear diff didn’t have any oil but isn’t rusted up. The rear brakes didn’t  have any movement. They were disconnected and completely frozen up. They didn’t work at all but were not engaged. None of the cables work, those were frozen too. All the boots need replaced and all the rear end bearings had a little play in them. To I started by tearing it down and cleaning up the frame. I knocked off all the surface rust and applied a rust resistant primer and a fresh coat of paint. Now I need to order the bearing and start getting to a rolling chassis. 160257D3-28C7-4125-B0CE-323D58032F37.jpeg

5744792E-647C-47A6-89AA-F3EEC4FD0591.jpeg

It’s coming along!!!

image.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DLBeltran74 said:

It’s coming along!!!

image.jpg

Looking good !!!  ....   I would get rid of them ES stickers on the plastic , even thought it isn't  ES , just the perception really does " De-Value " it  --- LOL 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, DLBeltran74 said:

It’s coming along!!!

image.jpg

looking like some of my work ?!..lol. if it were me at this stage, i would have pulled the steering down, pulled the lower steering bearing out, inspect, grease if still good ?. as well as inspect the rear swing arm bearings. no sense in gong this far, and leave areas out ?!.

• Like 1

I took the rear diff off today. The steering is nice and smooth, so if it feels like that now, I didn’t want to mess with it. The rear diff on the other hand need a total rebuild. That is my plan. It had a bunch of oil, water and sand in there. It smelled terrible! Like sewer water. But I got it cleaned up. Just need all the bearing and o-rings to put it back together. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 2:16 PM, Fishfiles said:

Looking good !!!  ....   I would get rid of them ES stickers on the plastic , even thought it isn't  ES , just the perception really does " De-Value " it  --- LOL 

I will, once I get that far. I have to replace all the bearings and then figure out what else I will need once those are done. What would you say this will be worth once I finish it?

On 8/1/2021 at 2:16 PM, Fishfiles said:

On 8/1/2021 at 2:46 PM, shadetree said:

looking like some of my work ?!..lol. if it were me at this stage, i would have pulled the steering down, pulled the lower steering bearing out, inspect, grease if still good ?. as well as inspect the rear swing arm bearings. no sense in gong this far, and leave areas out ?!.

Well, i don’t have the tool to remove the swing arm but I did take off the rear diff. It was freaking dirty. The oil had sludge in it as if there was dirty or sand in it. I’m cleaning it up and will be putting in new seals and bearings. 

Edited by DLBeltran74

If you get a 17mm allen head socket at Autozone they have a lifetime warranty on them.  When you break it you can just swap it out for a new one.

And value will depend on your location, and how clean it is when you finish it.  Around here a nice clean 450 would likely be $2500-3500 with the current market.  A beater that runs might go as low as $1K.

• Like 1

On July 31, 2021 at 10:42 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

i see you have a set of cmp >> ( cambridge metal and plastic ) handle bar gaurds ... those (when produced) sold for about 50-75 bucks ... so yeah, you scored good with this purchase. 

you might also check this thread out, if you haven't already, some of those old parts are worth some big bucks nowa days.

https://atvhonda.com/topic/41-rare-hard-to-find-parts-and-accessories/?tab=comments#comment-392