MkHonda

Aww snap... gas is running out vent tube of float chamber

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I looked back and never did see if you purchased a Shindy carb kit or some other brand ???  the two float valves in the pic are different , might replace one and other on paper , but they are different if you look at the tip area  , no sure if that will solve anything for you , but I would start there 

yes the tips are definetly different.  The original has the taper of the rubber continue up onto the aluminum body.  Could be why it seated better. 

Not a Shindy.  Race Driven... an Amazon special for $16.  

image.png

• Like 2

Since you gave the float seat a polishing with tooth paste and a Q-Tip ,  you could try the old float valve again and see if that works , if not then buy a new Shindy kit 

I have gone to NAPA and bought a new float valve separately that was made out of solid brass  , no rubber tip -------   but there is a main store  NAPA hub in New Orleans  where you can get stuff that other NAPA's don't even have , they came out with a huge metal box of a 100 different float valves and was just a matter of matching it up without the rubber tip  cause  I  have also had the opposite troubles before with the rubber getting gummy and getting  stuck to the seat and not letting fuel thru and having to beat on the float bowl with a screw driver to unstuck it 

I'd use the original for now, and go ahead and get a shindy kit, no telling how long that original valve will last, and i think you said it's not sealing all the way ? so might be just a matter of time before it completely fails.