F250 guy

SL125 good first dual sport bike?

Just curious to see and hear your thoughts and opinions. My mom's nagging me to get a bike so I can ride with er. Going to post some pictures tell me what you guys think. Found this in Niles Ohio. Hard to use on the road, get parts for ect ect.

Screenshot_20210802-143511.png

Screenshot_20210802-143520.png

Screenshot_20210802-143546.png

Screenshot_20210802-143503.png

Edited by F250 guy

Wow , that looks nice ---- I remember the SL series as being the most Dirt ready ,  the XL and the CL series as Trail and Street and the CB series as Street 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Wow , that looks nice ---- I remember the SL series as being the most Dirt ready ,  the XL and the CL series as Trail and Street and the CB series as Street 

So from what your saying a CL125 like one of these would b easier for dual use, mostly street but tear up trails on weekends, (that's the plan assuming life doesn't get in the way)

Any tips first time two wheeler ,control ,technique since handles different on dirt? Or just something I have to figure out. My mom rode back in the 70s and I can't wrap my head around plant the rear tire in a turn to avoid laying down since don't have pavement to grip onto when leaning. Seems to me full power right in or middle of the turn regardless of lean angle u go straight for the wall or whatever is on the upper side of the curve or turn. Just my logic.

Screenshot_20210802-165631.png

Edited by F250 guy

15 minutes ago, F250 guy said:

So from what your saying a CL125 would b easier for dual use, mostly street but tear up trails on weekends, (that's the plan assuming life doesn't get in the way)

Any tips first time two wheeler ,control ,technique since handles different on dirt? Or just something I have to figure out. My mom rode back in the 70s and I can't wrap my head around plant the rear tire in a turn to avoid laying down since don't have pavement to grip onto when leaning. Seems to me full power right in or middle of the turn regardless of lean angle u go straight for the wall or whatever is on the upper side of the curve or turn. Just my logic.

If I were buying a dirt bike from the 70s , I  would be looking for a 2 stroker  

16 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

If I were buying a dirt bike from the 70s , I  would be looking for a 2 stroker  

I thought about it, but I don't wanna be shifting all the time, heard you have to dont know if it's true, plus I'm new and dont need instant response. Just asking if you seen the concern I had in the post above being a first time rider, although been watching riding motorcycle videos and looks easy on tarmac. I'll update when I get it depending on bills taxes ya know.

Edited by F250 guy

you better think long and hard about buying a motorcycle made in the 70's ??!..parts WILL NOT be easy or cheap to find !!. what size bike are you looking for ?, i've been tossing the idea of selling my '08 shadow 750 spirit, not selling my magna though !..lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadetree said:

you better think long and hard about buying a motorcycle made in the 70's ??!..parts WILL NOT be easy or cheap to find !!. what size bike are you looking for ?, i've been tossing the idea of selling my '08 shadow 750 spirit, not selling my magna though !..lol

125 or 175 preferably, don't tell fish lol but I'll think on it. In the end I may stick to my dream of having an old CJ3A jeep. Ones close to me for 1,600.00 I redone my old Willys MB so I know what I'm in for. 

Edited by F250 guy

Unless you are like, 100lbs or so, especially 2 up, i wouldnt buy a 125 no matter how old or new it was. Bike will work harder & at that age cant be good for it  😮