jeffo21

disc brakes?

in order to put disk brakes on your trx300, you will need to install/use 12 inch rims, you can not install disk brake kits with the oem stock size rims. a lot of owners buy and install super atv brake kits, I like/use high lifter brand myself.

I put 12" rims on it last year. I didn't like any of the tires I could get with the stock rims so I ordered some ITP's and put some bighorn tires on it. I will look into the highlifter's thanks Shadetree.

'88 trx300fw with high lifter brake kit I restored, is for sale !!..lol.

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0729.JPG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jeffo21 said:

I put 12" rims on it last year. I didn't like any of the tires I could get with the stock rims so I ordered some ITP's and put some bighorn tires on it. I will look into the highlifter's thanks Shadetree.

yw, hope I helped ya out !.

Assume your 300 is 4x4? 

Is anyone making kits for the 2wd now, thought Gordon Mobley on the FB groups was for a short time.

Just now, Mac102004 said:

Assume your 300 is 4x4? 

Is anyone making kits for the 2wd now, thought Gordon Mobley on the FB groups was for a short time.

crap, guess I shoulda asked if his is 4x4 huh ?..lol.

it's a 2x4 superatv makes a kit for rear brakes now that uses the existing cables

Just now, jeffo21 said:

it's a 2x4 superatv makes a kit for rear brakes now that uses the existing cables

then you wont be able to put disk brakes on the front from high lifter, their kits are for only 4x4.

ok I was going to try the rear brake first. then maybe swap out the front brakes that no longer work to the disc brakes

I thought superatv offered them for the 2x4 in the past, I could be wrong. If they do they should have some holiday discounts coming on.

1 minute ago, toodeep said:

I thought superatv offered them for the 2x4 in the past, I could be wrong. If they do they should have some holiday discounts coming on.

I think they did for a time them gave it up. Not sure. Worth a look.

2 minutes ago, Mac102004 said:

I'm shocked you didn't lol

heck..not nearly as shocked as I am !!..lol. sucks getting older I tell ya !..lol.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, shadetree said:

heck..not nearly as shocked as I am !!..lol. sucks getting older I tell ya !..lol.

Getting older? I think that ship has sailed old timer. hahaha

• Haha 2

Superatv does still have the front brake conversion kit. was just going to put the rear one on first. Shade if I bought that it would need a shower and a bed cause I would be kicked out of the house.

1 minute ago, jeffo21 said:

Superatv does still have the front brake conversion kit. was just going to put the rear one on first. Shade if I bought that it would need a shower and a bed cause I would be kicked out of the house.

I'm looking on SuperATV's site, I don't see any front or rear brake kits that would fit a 300 2wd. Got a link to them?

7 minutes ago, Mac102004 said:

Getting older? I think that ship has sailed old timer. hahaha

sheshhhh..don't tell everyone !!!!!!!!!!.

the front one says it will only fit 4x4. think it would fit mine with the 12" rims on it?